Jono Gibbes - New Head Coach

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Jono Gibbes - New Head Coach

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:Everything good about Kiss

https://youtu.be/67KkjVMllS0
Kiss out. Always hated them, looked so feckin' dumb I never listen to them & immediately turned off the sound when I undestood your madness Cockers. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
ColinM wrote:Dwayne Dibley?
I LOVED him ImageImage

What was that that just went whoooooosh right over my cranium?
Red Dwarf Bags!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
ColinM wrote:Dwayne Dibley?
I LOVED him ImageImage

What was that that just went whoooooosh right over my cranium?
A cat, probably.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Seeing as our beloved Ulster team has gone a bit soft I was thinking maybe "Chemical" Peel?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

Yoko
"All we are saying, is give Peel a chance"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Samstew wrote:Yoko
"All we are saying, is Gibbes Peel a chance"

Fixed >EW
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Samstew wrote:Yoko
"All we are saying, is Gibbes Peel a chance"

Fixed >EW
Like what you did thereImage

TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

Midi Olympic saying short list to replace Jonto Gibbes at Clermont as Richard Cockerall, Bernard Goutta and Jeremy Davidson. Could we not have done a swap with the Mexicans years ago and saved a lot of heart ache? >6shooter :mexican:
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

And Neil throws his tuppence worth in for good measure...............
With the formal announcement on Monday that Jono Gibbes is to be Ulster’s new Head Coach, it seemed that the only qualification for a job at Ulster these days is to have previously worked with Joe Schmidt – and even Cotter ticked that box – that is until Dwayne Peel was announced two days later. Now it seems the key qualifications are not to have previously held the role to which you have been appointed, or have any previous connection with the club. True of Kiss, Gibbes and to a lesser extent Peel.

If the Ulster hierarchy wanted to be celebrated for appointing an out of contract international scrum half with under a year of previous coaching experience a Ruan would have gone down better with fans than a Dwayne.
In many ways, it’s a sad reflection on how Ulster Rugby see themselves that they are somewhere for new guys to try and make a name for themselves -it’s also hard to see success at Ulster for either of these two being anything other than a stepping stone elsewhere.

For me Ulster Rugby is a big enough club and set up to command standing and experience.

Let’s not forget the Prince; “The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.”
& a little more here to boot...........
http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/thepat ... n-pienaar/

See a lot has changed in these parts the last couple of months. :lol:
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Mac wrote:And Neil throws his tuppence worth in for good measure...............
With the formal announcement on Monday that Jono Gibbes is to be Ulster’s new Head Coach, it seemed that the only qualification for a job at Ulster these days is to have previously worked with Joe Schmidt – and even Cotter ticked that box – that is until Dwayne Peel was announced two days later. Now it seems the key qualifications are not to have previously held the role to which you have been appointed, or have any previous connection with the club. True of Kiss, Gibbes and to a lesser extent Peel.

If the Ulster hierarchy wanted to be celebrated for appointing an out of contract international scrum half with under a year of previous coaching experience a Ruan would have gone down better with fans than a Dwayne.
In many ways, it’s a sad reflection on how Ulster Rugby see themselves that they are somewhere for new guys to try and make a name for themselves -it’s also hard to see success at Ulster for either of these two being anything other than a stepping stone elsewhere.

For me Ulster Rugby is a big enough club and set up to command standing and experience.

Let’s not forget the Prince; “The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.”

See a lot has changed in these parts the last couple of months. Image
Why give that idiot the time of day?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

See a lot has changed in these parts the last couple of months. :lol:
Well he does have a point, if my aging memory Serves me right, Peel was the Bristol academy coach two years ago, they came to Ravers with their Championship team in the British/Irish cup, Robinson did not come due to the fact Ulster Ravens had been whipping boys, and he hates Belfast, bad memories from his time with Edinburgh or something, Peel was the man in charge , I believe the Ravens spanked them that night, some might not like it , but Doak is 100% better coach than Peel, some times be careful what you wish for.

Night night, don't let the facebookers bite.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Peel isn't replacing Doak, Gibbes is. I can't think of worse rugby than doakball. When we put the ball through the hands we looked so much better against Glasgow.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

How does Peels swearing compare to Doaks?

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Welcome back Mac. Did they let you out, or did someone manage to smuggle a phone in to you?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Russ wrote:How does Peels swearing compare to Doaks?

Mr Logan was owed a few favours from down in D4 and he used them to ensure that clean mouths were top of the list of essential criteria. Good job as now Shane can concentrate on cleaning up the mouths of the players.

Neil Best? Hard to believe someone can still be so bitter after so long, but long may it last for the more he distances himself from here the better.