Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Injury Update

Post by Jackie Brown »

Cancel his contract

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I'm gutted if that's true.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Sauce?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Just give Roger another year. He's just as good.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Wanna fight Dave?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

You wouldn't hit a Dave would ya?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Time for Clive to shine.
clivemcl
Novice

Post by clivemcl »

I'm afraid I rolled my ankle at footie last week. Sorry lads.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

clivemcl wrote:I'm afraid I rolled my ankle at footie last week. Sorry lads.
https://youtu.be/FqL62s0DteA
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Will we hear anything? ST's go on sale tomorrow!
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

I don't really understand the Tommy thing. Any fracture of significance would be there to see on x-rays. Also, the way he went off suggested it was not a break of the main part of the bone or he would have been in a lot of pain and had it splinted on the pitch and gone off on a stretcher.
My guess is that it is a minor fracture at the medial malleolus - the bony prominence at the inner aspect of the ankle. That still can be a problem in terms of the stability of the ankle. I think the debate is not if there is a bony injury but how bad it is and how it should be treated - simple immobilisation or surgical fixation.
A for Marcell, the story earlier that he is out for nine months again must mean (if true) that he has done his ACL in that leg. There would also be the question of damage to cartilage or collateral ligaments. If true, it is a real shame for the guy - what rotten luck to say the least.
Bo***cks to Brexit
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The deafening silence does not bode well I think.

Worried of Bangor.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Really feel for him. A great player and just what Ulster needs. To be frank however, and I am sorry to say this, if it is going to be another 9 months ie nearly two years into his contract consideration will have to given to replacing him. I sincerely hope not for his sake.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Season over for Ulster, he's been the only things that has made us tick. Harsh, but he has to be replaced in the summer with similar quality.

Medical Joker required to be announced with STs tomorrow!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cracker wrote:Really feel for him. A great player and just what Ulster needs. To be frank however, and I am sorry to say this, if it is going to be another 9 months ie nearly two years into his contract consideration will have to given to replacing him. I sincerely hope not for his sake.
Have to say that without the slightest notion of what a professional contract looks like, if that is the case, regrettably I'd have to agree with you Crouchie. We may expect no favours from the D4bastards given they gave none when he arrived injured, so it would be foolish to expect more favourable treatment.

Again, and only in that unfortunate circumstance, it might still be possible to get someone worthwhile for next season. For example, the amalgamation of the two Paris clubs next season might leave someone useful looking for a job............. or at least a high class Zebre back row. :duh: Sorry but I think a little black humour may be allowed as we wait for news. The longer it takes the more worrying it is.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.