U20 6 Nations 2017

Stuff from around the world.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 13663
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Post by Cap'n Grumpy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:29 am

Snipe Watson wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Ireland U20 vs France U20, Donnybrook Stadium, Dublin, 8.00pm
Is it on ..........









...... Friday?*
Saturday?
Sunday?




Bet you thought I was going to say 'TV' >EW
Fri night[emoji6]. The TV question depends how you receive RTE2...an aerial based reception - game on[emoji106], Freeview/Sky etc[emoji19]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it available on any platform outside ROI?
Portadown Railway Station?
Sadly the days of people using proper English are went

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Post by Russ » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:30 am

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Ireland U20 vs France U20, Donnybrook Stadium, Dublin, 8.00pm
Is it on ..........









...... Friday?*
Saturday?
Sunday?




Bet you thought I was going to say 'TV' >EW
Fri night[emoji6]. The TV question depends how you receive RTE2...an aerial based reception - game on[emoji106], Freeview/Sky etc[emoji19]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it available on any platform outside ROI?
Portadown Railway Station?
Newry getting a direct morning train to Belfast. They seem very excited

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 13663
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Post by Cap'n Grumpy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:03 pm

Ireland U20 27 - 22 France U20 (result)
Sadly the days of people using proper English are went

therealspratt
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1592
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Post by therealspratt » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:43 am

I'm starting to think Stewart might not be the solution for our problems at scrumhalf I thought he may be.

User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 17294
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Post by BR » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:47 am

Good game, from what I saw, but the French handling was very poor at times. They had us under the cosh with 10 to go and a man in the bin, but we strung it out for a good 5 minutes before conceding the inevitable PT. They then started playing from their own 22 and gave away an offside from a handling error. Which created a bit of breathing space, but it was a wee bit tight for comfort at the end.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5602
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Post by Neill_M » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:25 pm

Ireland u20 team v Wales:

1. Joey Conway(Munster) 2. Tadgh McElroy(Leinster) 3. Charlie Connolly(Leinster) 4. Fineen Whycherly(Munster) 5. Oisin Dowling(Leinster) 6. Gavin Coombes(Munster) 7. Paul Boyle(Leinster) 8. Caelan Doris(Leinster) 9. Jonny Stewart(Ulster)10. Bill Johnston(Munster) 11. Calvin Nash(Munster)(C) 12. Ciaran Frawley(Leinster) 13. Jack Kelly(Leinster) 14. Tommy O'Brien(Leinster) 15. Jordan Larmour(Leinster)

16. Ronan Kelleher(Leinster) 17. Greg McGrath(Leinster) 18. Matthew Burke(Connacht) 19. Jack Regan(Leinster) 20. Marcus Rea(Ulster) 21. Jack Stafford(Munster) 22. Conor Fitzgerald(Munster) 23. Colm Hogan(Munster)

Game is on Saturday at 6:30pm. Live coverage on S4C.

User avatar
ruckover
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 7609
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:02 pm
Location: My house

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Post by ruckover » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:02 pm

Johnny McPhillips and Peter Cooper again not considered due to injury.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.

thewaterboy
Novice
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:55 am
Location: The East

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Post by thewaterboy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Disappointing Rea (Jr) didn't make the starting team at 6, especially with Cillian Gallagher out injured. Gallagher was the starting 6 in the first two games of the 6N.
:red: SUFTUM :red:

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40137
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Post by Rooster » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Neill_M wrote:Ireland u20 team v Wales:

1. Joey Conway(Munster) 2. Tadgh McElroy(Leinster) 3. Charlie Connolly(Leinster) 4. Fineen Whycherly(Munster) 5. Oisin Dowling(Leinster) 6. Gavin Coombes(Munster) 7. Paul Boyle(Leinster) 8. Caelan Doris(Leinster) 9. Jonny Stewart(Ulster)10. Bill Johnston(Munster) 11. Calvin Nash(Munster)(C) 12. Ciaran Frawley(Leinster) 13. Jack Kelly(Leinster) 14. Tommy O'Brien(Leinster) 15. Jordan Larmour(Leinster)

16. Ronan Kelleher(Leinster) 17. Greg McGrath(Leinster) 18. Matthew Burke(Connacht) 19. Jack Regan(Leinster) 20. Marcus Rea(Ulster) 21. Jack Stafford(Munster) 22. Conor Fitzgerald(Munster) 23. Colm Hogan(Munster)

Game is on Saturday at 6:30pm. Live coverage on S4C.
So much for our wonderful academy then
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

User avatar
Gerald the Mole
Warrior
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:44 am

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Post by Gerald the Mole » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:02 pm

Rooster wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Ireland u20 team v Wales:

1. Joey Conway(Munster) 2. Tadgh McElroy(Leinster) 3. Charlie Connolly(Leinster) 4. Fineen Whycherly(Munster) 5. Oisin Dowling(Leinster) 6. Gavin Coombes(Munster) 7. Paul Boyle(Leinster) 8. Caelan Doris(Leinster) 9. Jonny Stewart(Ulster)10. Bill Johnston(Munster) 11. Calvin Nash(Munster)(C) 12. Ciaran Frawley(Leinster) 13. Jack Kelly(Leinster) 14. Tommy O'Brien(Leinster) 15. Jordan Larmour(Leinster)

16. Ronan Kelleher(Leinster) 17. Greg McGrath(Leinster) 18. Matthew Burke(Connacht) 19. Jack Regan(Leinster) 20. Marcus Rea(Ulster) 21. Jack Stafford(Munster) 22. Conor Fitzgerald(Munster) 23. Colm Hogan(Munster)

Game is on Saturday at 6:30pm. Live coverage on S4C.
So much for our wonderful academy then
Injuries don't help

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Post by Dave » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:15 pm

Image

Image
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Post by Russ » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:56 pm

Pixel?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40137
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Post by Rooster » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:46 am

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Ireland u20 team v Wales:

1. Joey Conway(Munster) 2. Tadgh McElroy(Leinster) 3. Charlie Connolly(Leinster) 4. Fineen Whycherly(Munster) 5. Oisin Dowling(Leinster) 6. Gavin Coombes(Munster) 7. Paul Boyle(Leinster) 8. Caelan Doris(Leinster) 9. Jonny Stewart(Ulster)10. Bill Johnston(Munster) 11. Calvin Nash(Munster)(C) 12. Ciaran Frawley(Leinster) 13. Jack Kelly(Leinster) 14. Tommy O'Brien(Leinster) 15. Jordan Larmour(Leinster)

16. Ronan Kelleher(Leinster) 17. Greg McGrath(Leinster) 18. Matthew Burke(Connacht) 19. Jack Regan(Leinster) 20. Marcus Rea(Ulster) 21. Jack Stafford(Munster) 22. Conor Fitzgerald(Munster) 23. Colm Hogan(Munster)

Game is on Saturday at 6:30pm. Live coverage on S4C.
So much for our wonderful academy then
Injuries don't help
No but how many have we on the injury list, not a lot.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 30218
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Post by BaggyTrousers » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:25 pm

After 60 minutes it's Ireland 3 -14 England. The ref is a tiny French wonker, he has so far failed to card a blatant deliberate foot trip, the Law stating it is a red card when clearly deliberate, didn't even give a yellow. Then a tremendous maul that went over the English line at pace was not even worthy of the TMO being called.

Ireland have had loads of possession & territory but they have the same failing that I expect their betters to share tomorrow, no cutting edge.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN

User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 30218
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Post by BaggyTrousers » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:28 pm

Perpetual offending from England, penalty after penalty and not a sight of a card, but advantage works and it's a try 10-14.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN

Post Reply