KISS OUT

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

exile-fer-now
Novice

Re: KISS OUT

Post by exile-fer-now »

Ward unconvinced by Kiss' Ulster leadership http://bbc.in/2pnGQrI via @bbcsport
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

exile-fer-now wrote:Ward unconvinced by Kiss' Ulster leadership http://bbc.in/2pnGQrI via @bbcsport
Wards incorrectness alreasy discussed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

When Gibbes was appointed he made it pretty clear that working with Kiss was one of the main reasons he took the job. Now i have no idea whether getting rid of Kiss at this stage would have any impact on Gibbes' thinking, but I think if UR were planning on doing anything behind the scenes regarding Les before next season, then they would need to be pretty transparent with Gibbes, regardless of what the contractual position may be with him.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Some great reading above, but if FOLKimp is picking the team, we're fecked.
Charley 15, Oxo 15minutes off the bench, Stu-Luke missing 15 tackles each, Jirrid and Cave sitting admiring Bowe's back catalogue, whilst Bowe and Tremble stand and admire opposition wingers as they jink past on the way to our try line.
Gibbes would need the motivational skills of Hitler and Jeebus combined to overcome the imp's stupid selections.
We hope for the best(or a feckin improvement) but fear the worst.
We cannot give him another entire season. Why the feck should we? We'd be extremely charitable to give him to crimbo if things don't show a massive improvement. IMO he's p1ssing away some considerable talent.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Post by Hapax Legomenon »

Point 1. Even if Kiss was the best coach in the world, he would have no chance of putting a winning side out there if the atmosphere around the place is as toxic as some suggest.

Point 2. Opinions are like arseholes, blah, blah. There are a lot of opinions being bandied about and I'd be fairly sure that a good few of them are less than objective.

Point 3. see earlier facts >EW

Point 4. If Gibbes sorts out our pack and injects some offensive and defensive bloody mindedness. The rest will fall into place.
There can be only one
Sue Dename
Novice

Post by Sue Dename »

The biggest problem with getting rid of Kiss is the financial implication.
Assuming Kiss has a decent contract, compensation could be around £500k. Ulster are forecasting approximately £3m losses over the next few years, I would be surprised if they will want to add to the deficit.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Good to see the lads chilling on the north coast

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Good to see the lads chilling on the north coast

They all went bowling the week before the Ospreys game. Yeah bowling.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
exile-fer-now
Novice

Post by exile-fer-now »

We cannot afford to give Kiss a pre-season never mind "a few months" in to the new season.

We have already lost 2 years due to his politicking. Last year due to him tying Doak's hands behind his back whilst he takes his IRFU cheque and snipes from the side and this year due to his complete miss-management of players and coaches.

Respect, trust and integrity are vital. Self-serving, tactical manoeuvring are blatant and easily found out. A year in a player's career is a significant. The way he has treated them and their careers for his own benefit has been disgraceful. From Ruan's final year to McCloskey's formative years.

You can't seriously sideline the coaches and then blame them ? You can't seriously bluff the supporters all year that the coaches are rubbish when you're doing it yourself ?
And you can't bluff the players that it's the ex-coaches fault when you've deliberately ruined a year of their playing career for your own career !!!!

He has lost the team. Toxic = Kiss.

His ultimatum to Logan about the coaches was purely tactical and self-promoting.

Logan was in a difficult position having to back him or the players/coaches - no win position and he sides with IRFU/D4.

I understand why players (contract$$ and playing future) and coaches (threats about careers) are worried to speak out but thank god the ex-players who know what's going on are now talking.

So ..... where now ? Our CEO must be decisive. This is not a time for prevarication and risking another year in the hope that Gibbes is the messiah - if he is, then he should be DoR anyway !

The CEO must know what we are going to get with Kiss as DoR and it's absolutely untenable.

Let Kiss go now. A management team of Gibbes, Peel, an Ulster coach and A.N.Other will give us a chance.

If the CEO does nothing then his neck's on the block with Kiss.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Logan is nothing but a mugwump
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Logan is a fantasist and a compliant D4 stooge.
There can be only one
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Couple of opinions...

Paying off coaches has never been a problem for UR before... take Anscombe and McLaughlin.

If Kiss did indeed hold a gun to the Colonel's head then consider that he also had a gun held to his head when dumb and dumber also fell out over the original appointment. Both times our Commander in Chief went running to D4 pleading for help because actually sorting out the problem not once but twice was clearly beyond him.

If KISS has indeed lost the dressing room then sorry but giving him to next Christmas to sort things out will only further pollute the environment and plunge us yet further down the road to nowhere.

What we don't need is another call from the CEO bringing all the players in to listen to another sermon from the pulpit about how they have let him down.. not us, not themselves , not their team but HIM.

Hypothetical.. When KISS was offered the appointment did anyone say to him what do you need? do you need to bring your own team in? did KISS say he wanted dumb and dumber or did UR advise him we will bring in whoever you want but we must wait 12 months due to financially being fecked.. yes fecked because the club that sold the rights to everything including the sink taps are broke. Who knows except a small cabal of suited gentlemen who run the ship.

Did KISS ask for Gibbes .. NO as for PEEL he was only a phone call away. Did KISS make any recommendations ?

On the wider issue of UR's strategy on player planning.. My view it sucks.. they signed Charles because he was a star signing and little or nothing else. He was not what we needed they both knew that and discussed it yet someone at UR felt that getting bums on seats was more important than actually targeting a position that needed filled. That mentality as long as it remains will continue to cause us problems that and looking to sign anyone with an ACL injury.. I hear Ibrahimovic is next.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Sue Dename wrote:The biggest problem with getting rid of Kiss is the financial implication.
Assuming Kiss has a decent contract, compensation could be around £500k. Ulster are forecasting approximately £3m losses over the next few years, I would be surprised if they will want to add to the deficit.
Perhaps I am wrong but does his contract not run to the end of next season ? We could have got a decent coach for £500k :thumleft:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Was McGlock paid off?
There can be only one
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Feck, I have just located an article by Mulligan in the Snoozeletter that says he will be here for 4 years and it was dated 2/11/15 so we have 2 more seasons of e-geek >threaten >seeya
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best