A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:Hard border my Brennan, they will have to build a double wall with a minefield in the middle and that will just slow down the way through a bit for a few days
Rooster I suspect you are conflating a "hard border" with Trumps wall. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:Hard border my Brennan, they will have to build a double wall with a minefield in the middle and that will just slow down the way through a bit for a few days
Rooster I suspect you are conflating a "hard border" with Trumps wall. Image
Nah just know it is the only way they have a slight chance of keeping it controlled without illegal movement of goods and people.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster I suspect you are conflating a "hard border" with Trumps wall. Image
Nah just know it is the only way they have a slight chance of keeping it controlled without illegal movement of goods and people.

Aye well that's true obviously, I think the special status thing is a cert and with it the acknowledgement that the Irish border will be a smugglers paradise, probably for people as much as goods.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

A friend of mine produced documentary evidence of his mother-in-law at the Balmoral Show shaking hands with Mrs MayIsuckyerwabPotus. He had hearsay evidence that his m-i-l wished Mrs Wab all the best in the General Erection.

I am expecting him to pen a thread entitled "Catch yourself on Daphers" and disassociating himself from his m-i-l's appalling and unwarranted comments.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39915364

So it looks like the Tories and the EU are both gonna play hardball on the 'Irish' conundrum. Davis showboating for the little Englanders but I'd say Arlene is shifting uncomfortably on her little crown chair.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Tories really are despicable......
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (64.86 KiB) Viewed 403 times
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

scrum5 wrote:Tories really are despicable......
Capture.JPG
Just shows they don't give any fecks about us, I am as far as you get from a SF voter, well not quite as I would never vote DUP, but I would vote for a united Ireland tomorrow
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

You and me both, Rooster. The English are dead to me.
Bo***cks to Brexit
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

I read in one of the the demographic polls that the Tories were making most gains from working class voters. Complete madness . Looks like Labour is gone completely south of Leeds.
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

It is really very clever politics by the tories, grab the kippers by saying Brussels are cnuts and we'll fight them on the beaches etc. and grab the labour vote by stealing policies like energy caps and promising additional worker rights (rights which are unenforceable in tribunals...)

However it is really just grabbing power for power's sake and I think they really won't have a clue what to do with it other than appeasing the tory zealots with grammar schools and fox-hunting.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rocky wrote:You and me both, Rooster. The English are dead to me.
Me too Rocky, but with all due respect to Justin, I may have mentioned that with some/plenty of honourable exceptions, they are a truly hateful nation. I know they have to some extent colonised Scotland but after how they used the SNP with a grip over Labour (only in Tory minds) at the 2015 election, I am flummoxed by their "so-called" resurgence in Scotland.

The English love GB, the UK less so, but only as long as nobody else has the temerity to suggest that anyone from NI, Scotland or Wales should have a say in affairs.

Still, as long as those damned Catalans don't feck up Spain, the UK can go fuc'k itself as far as I'm concerned.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

mikerob wrote:It is really very clever politics by the tories, grab the kippers by saying Brussels are cnuts and we'll fight them on the beaches etc. and grab the labour vote by stealing policies like energy caps and promising additional worker rights (rights which are unenforceable in tribunals...)

However it is really just grabbing power for power's sake and I think they really won't have a clue what to do with it other than appeasing the tory zealots with grammar schools and fox-hunting.
I had to laugh at the promise to have "workers representatives" on the board at all listed companies. You have to go to the small print to find that the words "workers representatives" could simply be an existing director, being so designated, and in no circumstance is there any compulsion that the "workers representative" have to be a member of the actual work force. The rep could actually simply be a person who hates each and every worker. :duh:

The sad thing is that in modern politics, it really is a case of who tells the public what it is trained to believe it should want and actually carry through on election promises is entirely optional. It seems to be the new Tory credo that "if Trump can do it why can't we?" so literally anything can be promised.

I wonder how soon Betty will say to Wingnut, "wearthefoxhat". Were I a fox I'd be moving into some safe Labour inner-city park, if any remain, and forget about leafy Bucks. Still, on the bright side, we will be able to revisit the old classic of discussing "the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable" as butch Oscar so beautifully put it.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Get away up the yard the pair of ye.
Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

scrum5 wrote:Tories really are despicable......
Capture.JPG

That Nick Harrington is as stupid as they come. I do feel sorry for another Nick Harrington who has been subjected to the rantings of some folk who probably have a similar level of sophistication as the first Nick Harrington. It is one of the downsides of technology that the most idiotic, brainless, bitter and b1goted among us have a platform to share their w-nkolgy with the world.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ne ... 15565.html
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Get away up the yard the pair of ye.
Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never
Agreed. Uppity Paddies thinking they don't need the English to control and protect them. Crazy stuff.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.