Am I alone in my confusion?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Am I alone in my confusion?

Post by BaggyTrousers »

There has been a deafening hush from Spanners recently. We know of course that we have signed a replacement for Arno Botha who will remain perhaps the highest profile signing never to play for Ulster. I am intrigued why the signing has not been announced, it hints at a SH player still involved in Super Rugby or they are waiting for John Barclay to play the Pro12 final themarra.

My feeling is that there has been no news on most players who were out of contract this summer, neither have we been told of any of the rumoured squad additions that were mooted, such as Eric O'Sullian.

Is Callum Black now a full time barista or is he still on the books? What does the future hold for Robert Diack, cultivating vines for wines or a spot of rugby here and there?

FFFS would someone at Spanners do the decent thing and let us know what the blue frig is occurring, innit tho'?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Am I alone in my confusion?

Post by Rooster »

There is also conflicting reports on p, some say he is out of contract others say he has another year but press releases from his last contract confirm the former.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

They are probably thinking that they will delay all announcements until the twelfth when most of the inhabitants will be in Majorcay and Ibiza getting ratarsed, therefore the amount of whinging and moaning on this board will be at lower levels. :duck:
Bo***cks to Brexit
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Rooster wrote:There is also conflicting reports on p, some say he is out of contract others say he has another year but press releases from his last contract confirm the former.
An article in the Irish indo (I think) a while back said p is staying on next year

Quite sure Ruckie insists Diack has signed a new contract as well but it hasn't been announced yet either
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

No confusion over p, sadly at least his last 2 renewals have been alongside Ruan's contracts in their term and timing.

Unless Ulster have signed up both Steward & O'Donnell and actually plan to implement Nuciwankbag's "grow yer own" plan, used to oust Ruan, then I see little to be gained by expelling the wee lad, crap though he usually is. That said, for all his effort, I really think the progressive move would be to gas him like an errant ferret.

Have we the appetite to see how youth might flourish? Take a little more pain for long term gain? I very much doubt it. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:
Rooster wrote:There is also conflicting reports on p, some say he is out of contract others say he has another year but press releases from his last contract confirm the former.
An article in the Irish indo (I think) a while back said p is staying on next year

Quite sure Ruckie insists Diack has signed a new contract as well but it hasn't been announced yet either
Yes, Brillo, I'm quite sure the deals have been done, one way or the other, I am simply exasperated that UR doesn't feel the need to tell us. Perhaps they read too much shyte on here about announcements being used to selling ST's and have just thought, right, feck yis we're not saying Jacksheet.
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:

Yes, Brillo, I'm quite sure the deals have been done, one way or the other, I am simply exasperated that UR doesn't feel the need to tell us. Perhaps they read too much shyte on here about announcements being used to selling ST's and have just thought, right, feck yis we're not saying Jacksheet.
No idea then , we will probably get two sentences at the bottom of a press release for our supposed new signing whoever it may be about p and Diack, begs the question then how would we have been told about those two if Botha hadn't had to cancel his contract or there was no more signings??
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

hell would freeze over before some on this board would stop moaning ( and not nicely , I might add )

I think half are feckin English because they moan so much .

As the Aussies say you know a plane from England has landed-- engines stop --and the whining starts .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Diack has a new two year deal that just hasn't been announced for some reason.

Trimble and Nelson still out of contract.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The wiki page for the Pro 12 17/18 transfers state the following:

IN - Cooney (Connacht) and SVDM (Southern Kings)
OUT - Ruan (Montpellier), FVDM (Cardiff), Joyce and Best (Jersey Reds), Murphy (Rotherham Titans), Wilson (retired), Donnan, Dow, Lutton and Mulholland (released)
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

So after all the hype about Mulholland by some on here he has been fecked out !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dow gone, eh? Ah well, he can always look back fondly on his 17 minutes of fame in Treviso.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

He'll still be here in 17/18
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

rocky wrote:They are probably thinking that they will delay all announcements until the twelfth when most of the inhabitants will be in Majorcay and Ibiza getting ratarsed, therefore the amount of whinging and moaning on this board will be at lower levels. :duck:
Nope, I'm still in the country at that point Rocky. If someone mentions the IRFU or Nucifuhrer, I'll keep the levels up. A red rag to a bull..... bit like Baggy and Thatcher.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Les mentioned Donnan and Thompson as reasons why we are well stocked at 2nd row. Both now being released?

FOLK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?