Jono Gibbes - New Head Coach

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: Jono Gibbes - New Head Coach

Post by damianmcr »

Anyone who wasnt there last night didnt really miss much in my opinion. Would others agree?

Some tough questions asked with no real answers provided.

I know Gibbes joked with the Q radio tube but I think he wasnt happy about the interuption.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Why was Q chube answering questions himself?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Any questions about the scrumhalf situation and the academy prospects there?

Edit: Oh yes, and what about Caleb Montgomery, anyone ask what the score is there?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

damianmcr wrote:Anyone who wasnt there last night didnt really miss much in my opinion. Would others agree?

Some tough questions asked with no real answers provided.

I know Gibbes joked with the Q radio tube but I think he wasnt happy about the interuption.
Absolutely ..... but I never had any great expectations of anything anyway.
Dave wrote:Why was Q chube answering questions himself?
You've just answered your own question :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

LadyP wrote:Was the scary man (according to Q-Chube) who asked about the front 5 on here? I thought they were not impressed with his opinions!
Fixed >EW
I'm not arguing -
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

So, nobody feels like giving a report................................ :duh: FFFS would those of you attending stop talking between yourselves and address those of us who are 36 hours into a tooth abscess and in the mood to kill any fuc'ker who annoys me. My lovely dentista in Madrid said she would worry about the effects of cabin pressure if she drilled the bas'tard to let the pressure off. She may have been bullshitting me but she said it with such a sweet smile.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

not a lot to report Baggy

working hard

getting to know the players

working hard

getting to know each other

working hard

getting to the back-stories of players

working hard

trying to win every match

would get lynched if anyone suggested throwing a Supa-dupa match (or a Heineken match as Jonno still calls it) even if it gave us a better chance in the league

working hard .... but have to look after players

working hard,but mustn't give the nippers too much chance as they could burn out

working ..... oh you get the idea .....

.... all very much what you would expect them to say, and if they did say differently we would want them crucified.....

..... working hard to sing from the hymn sheet

Oh by the way, in case you haven't noticed, Ruan has left and the players we now have are not Ruan

That's life, but the players left behind are all better for having played with him.

Rory's an inspiration

working hard ....

haven't forgiven IRFU for forcing Ruan out ..... but haven't not forgiven them either - that's life, move on.

Jonno find (his way around) Belfast by GPS

has learnt to drive on the right (left) side of the road again

Now was that worth waiting for?
I'm not arguing -
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:not a lot to report Baggy

working hard

getting to know the players

working hard

getting to know each other

working hard

getting to the back-stories of players

working hard

trying to win every match

would get lynched if anyone suggested throwing a Supa-dupa match (or a Heineken match as Jonno still calls it) even if it gave us a better chance in the league

working hard .... but have to look after players

working hard,but mustn't give the nippers too much chance as they could burn out

working ..... oh you get the idea .....

.... all very much what you would expect them to say, and if they did say differently we would want them crucified.....

..... working hard to sing from the hymn sheet

Oh by the way, in case you haven't noticed, Ruan has left and the players we now have are not Ruan

That's life, but the players left behind are all better for having played with him.

Rory's an inspiration

working hard ....

haven't forgiven IRFU for forcing Ruan out ..... but haven't not forgiven them either - that's life, move on.

Jonno find (his way around) Belfast by GPS

has learnt to drive on the right (left) side of the road again

Now was that worth waiting for?
Rory being an inspiration is a good one since he hasn't been at training yet this season and doubt he has even visited training as he is away on family holiday as soon as he returned from the Welsh tour of NZ.
With this evidence I conclude that what you all heard was a bunch of spoof
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:Rory being an inspiration is a good one since he hasn't been at training yet this season and doubt he has even visited training as he is away on family holiday as soon as he returned from the Welsh tour of NZ.
With this evidence I conclude that what you all heard was a bunch of spoof
TBF, the bit about Rory was from Niall Malone and in answer to mind set question about previous seasons. Does a good team talk apparently.

Didn't really need a "meet the coaches" night to tell us about Rory's leadership qualities ...... but Rory doesn't play for Ulster that much any more due to Ireland commitments and player management etc.
I'm not arguing -
Brian Dunn 382
Novice

Post by Brian Dunn 382 »

I asked about the aimless kicking. Supported by many but the worrying thing was that Les looked shocked that anyone should have thought that.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Well done Mr Dunn. A very pertinent question, as many here would have called it Doakball.

Kiss may well have thought it Doakball and consequently unDoaked Ulster, but couldn't possibly say it was Doak's fault because he was in charge. Instead a load of drivel as usual

FOLK ye squirmy weasel
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Brian Dunn 382 wrote:I asked about the aimless kicking. Supported by many but the worrying thing was that Les looked shocked that anyone should have thought that.
Well played sir Image Image
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
Brian Dunn 382 wrote:I asked about the aimless kicking. Supported by many but the worrying thing was that Les looked shocked that anyone should have thought that.
Les said that the tactical approach would be different this season. I'm paraphrasing here but, he said something like "we tried playing by the numbers and it didn't work. This season we'll be playing what's in front of us."
That's as close as I have ever heard any coach come to saying that he made a horses ass of it.
So fair play to him, he said it, but he's not going to revisit it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
Les said that the tactical approach would be different this season. I'm paraphrasing here but, he said something like "we tried playing by the numbers and it didn't work. This season we'll be playing what's in front of us."
That's as close as I have ever heard any coach come to saying that he made a horses ass of it.
So fair play to him, he said it, but he's not going to revisit it.
Playing by numbers doesn't work anyway in these days of television and video analysis, after a match or two the opposition can work out all the moves, most regulars at the matches could call the next move by the way players lined up last season.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Jono's a big teddy bear. He cudn't bate back doores fir bins, but he'll likely scar the living shyte outta our Barista Boys.
Jono + Pro14 + Folk's verbal garbage, could make for some serious Forum Gold this coming season.
I'm looking forward to it.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.