Biblical matters

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Biblical matters

Post by BR »

And I'm still confused by my nocturnal drinking habits.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:I think in summary through much discussion we can all safely conclude now that there is a God.
What now?
By the way Jizzer, I have to say I'm full of respect for most posters here, even some of those that I thought a tad dodgy >EW The simple reason is that not a soul has told you that you are barking fuc'king mad for drawing that conclusion.

Genuinely I do know a very good psychologist I can recommend, the only hardship being he's in Portryup & you are in Londinivmmyarsevm.

I also thought it great fun that you asserted that Dave "admitted there was a point where no laws existed" when he very clearly didn't.

For those who think that the Big Bang can be simply paraphrased as "something coming from nothing" can you please clarify where this nothing had been hiding, for extrapolating your theory, there had to be something there then simply because there is now, God in your view was "there" for a start or are you suggesting that he didn't exist, performed a non-existent miracle with nothing, invented himself then sat at leisure for billions of years before starting on his "wee project"? And if there has always been something there, do you posit that the universe expands and contracts for clearly, it was once smaller than it is now, that much is absolute fact?

Maybe you'd prefer just to assert, "I don't know but we can all agree there is a creator". :lol:

I suspect we should move on to black holes or anti-matter and see where God sits ............. Jesus H Christ, may heaven is in a black hole, that's why we've never caught it on the radar?

Maybe God is antimatter for we know it exists but it's not visible.

What about Quarks? I think I've seen them in a tub in the cheese section in Sainsburys :shock: .
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

You come too late to the party Baggy I'm afraid.
Its all been sorted.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

bazzaj wrote: I just find it more logical than the something from nothing theory.

Baz there is no 'something from nothing' theory. Certainly not any evolutionary theory I would subscribe to.

For me the creator theory is basically a something from nothing idea. Unless you have an explanation for how a creator creates and who created the creator?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Other than to say Dave that a creator has always been.
I'm waiting to hear how amd what triggered the big bang out of nothing though.
Genuinely interested.
I would ask Baggy but to be honest I can't make out what the f he's going on about.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Actually it's OK dave you don't have to answer that.
Seen the same argument previously.
It was all a time loop after all.
We have our stances and I get the impression that not one of us has changed our opinions or will do.
Good night, God bless, drive safely, look after mum and if you can't be good- be careful
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

bazzaj wrote:Actually it's OK dave you don't have to answer that.
Seen the same argument previously.
It was all a time loop after all.
We have our stances and I get the impression that not one of us has changed our opinions or will do.
Good night, God bless, drive safely, look after mum and if you can't be good- be careful
Image Image Image Image Image Image
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BR wrote:And I'm still confused by my nocturnal drinking habits.
Apologies.
One full glass in case you get thirsty and an empty one in case you don't
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:And I'm still confused by my nocturnal drinking habits.
Hardly an uncommon phenomenon BR :shock:

:stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout: :stout:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pwrmoore wrote:
bazzaj wrote:I think in summary through much discussion we can all safely conclude now that there is a God.
What now?

Now we go back to page 1 post 1 of this topic and start again :lol:
Please PWR, have mercy, I don't want to revisit that, as the poster, it was about whether I should have Mrs T stoned to death if her father cannot prove she was a virgin when we got married. Now given her father died 20 years and more ago, I'm not sure that I can get an answer, unless Jizzbomb can summon up a worker of miracles, we resurrect Jim & he can provide evidence.

Further, I've lost interest, she is a great wife and after 37 years I'd be loathed to have here put to death just because of some barbaric shyte in the bible. I'm even struggling to support her the more I think on it for as I glance over at her, she's wearing trousers and I now know that is an absolute no-no for god, an abomination no less.

What's a guy to do PWR, just say we don't have to go - Page 1 post 1. >EW
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

On “something from nothing”, the maths of Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle predicted that it is possible for something to appear from nothing and this has been subsequently verified in experiments. This is known as “quantum fluctuations” - a particle and anti-particle appear from nothing then destroy each other.

So when it is claimed this is not logical, you can’t get more logical than having a mathematical explanation for something and then verifying it by experiment.

Someone being unable to comprehend this is not the same thing.

Now whether a “something from nothing” event like quantum fluctuations had a role in creating the universe isn’t known, but there is plenty of serious science being done on this (for a lay person overview of current research try A Universe from Nothing by Lawrence Krauss)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Really interesting Mike you might well be onto something.
However after a small bit of digging it didn't take me long to discover that one man's nothing is apparently another man's something.
And so we dance the dance.

Also the other key bit to me is that the particles destroy each other.
You seem to be a guy in the know.
Has there been a recorded experiment etc where an explosion has a creative element to it and not a destructive one?
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

The Hadron collider in Cern is used to destroy atoms and to study the smaller particles that have been created from that collision. Higgs boson for example.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:You come too late to the party Baggy I'm afraid.
Its all been sorted.
Genuinely Jizzer............ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

mid ulster maestro wrote:The Hadron collider in Cern is used to destroy atoms and to study the smaller particles that have been created from that collision. Higgs boson for example.
Yes I thought that mum but the clue is in the name 'Collider' not 'Exploder'
Even I collided with my misses a couple of times and created something.

No I was just wondering if it was possible to create something from an explosion.
If we could could I would recommend exploding Les Kiss as he has shown virtually feck all creativity since he's been here.