Biblical matters

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Biblical matters

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:
mid ulster maestro wrote:The Hadron collider in Cern is used to destroy atoms and to study the smaller particles that have been created from that collision. Higgs boson for example.
Yes I thought that mum but the clue is in the name 'Collider' not 'Exploder'
Even I collided with my misses a couple of times and created something.

No I was just wondering if it was possible to create something from an explosion.
If we could could I would recommend exploding Les Kiss as he has shown virtually feck all creativity since he's been here.
Maybe we could arrange for Les to be put in the way of the Big Stu Collider and see which exploded. Many things are created in an explosion Jizzer, did you pay any fuc'king attention in Physics and Chemistry, my two favourite subjects and not only did I not join the basterding RA but I joined a Usurer Collective :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: What a waste of a life.

I met a chap the other day who primarily knows me from golf, he was astonished to discover that I've only played once in the last 5 years & don't care if I ever play again, then we agreed that it was a scandalous waste of a magnificent talent. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

bazzaj wrote:Really interesting Mike you might well be onto something.
However after a small bit of digging it didn't take me long to discover that one man's nothing is apparently another man's something.
And so we dance the dance.

Also the other key bit to me is that the particles destroy each other.
You seem to be a guy in the know.
Has there been a recorded experiment etc where an explosion has a creative element to it and not a destructive one?
The big bang explosion is completely different from any other type of explosion, that blows things apart. The big bang was an explosion of space within itself. Starting from one single point and then expanding out.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Dave wrote:
bazzaj wrote:Really interesting Mike you might well be onto something.
However after a small bit of digging it didn't take me long to discover that one man's nothing is apparently another man's something.
And so we dance the dance.

Also the other key bit to me is that the particles destroy each other.
You seem to be a guy in the know.
Has there been a recorded experiment etc where an explosion has a creative element to it and not a destructive one?
The big bang explosion is completely different from any other type of explosion, that blows things apart. The big bang was an explosion of space within itself. Starting from one single point and then expanding out.
It was all just a set up to my Les Kiss joke Dave.
Actually the last 5 odd pages of the piffle I've been talking on this thread have been.
I can only apologise that you and others have taken me seriously just for a cheap laugh.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Aye, well you say that Jizzer, but I'm claiming you as a new convert. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ok, well that explains an awful lot. You totally had me Baz!!
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Yes sorry again boys as we all know none of this is real and we are all simply products of child's fantasy.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'll let you into a secret Jizzer, I am God .................. that's what the voices keep telling me.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Sorry lads it's actually robots who have enslaved us and this is all a computer game.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Worst computer game ever.
Much preferred jet set willy
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Yeah it's a bit brad pitt
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Minister for Health Simon Harris has described as "ignorant" and "pathetic" suggestions by the Catholic bishop of Waterford and Lismore that vaccinating 12-year-old girls against the human papilloma virus (HPV) could lead to promiscuity.

Speaking to reporters in Dublin today, Mr Harris said: "Some of this week's attempts by the bishop to purport to be a medical expert have been extraordinarily disappointing, extraordinarily dangerous and damaging to a very important public health campaign."

Asked to respond to Bishop Cullinane's comment that administering the vaccine to pre-teen girls effectively promotes promiscuity, Mr Harris responded: "That only shows how ignorant he is on this matter. That's quite a pathetic thing to say.

"And don't believe me. Talk to medical experts about it. The reason you vaccinate children at that age at school is to prevent them from picking up cervical cancer at a later stage in life. It is the most optimum time to vaccinate our children. And that's not my view. It's the view of all the medical experts.

Well said Simon Harris. FFS I wish the bishops and other assorted jesters of the Vatican Court would f-ck off and stop contaminating public discourse by mouthing about things which they know nothing about. Stick to telling people their everloving God hates them and will send them to hell for their imperfections in the guarded and deceptive way they do and hopefully more and more folk will see the light. Feck but I dislike hateful and hypocritical pr1cks.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

As one who has never happily been a Brit, who always considers himself Irish, though loathed Irish politicians in the main, it is a source of joy that Irish politicians no long simply doff the cap to the füking Romans and often tell them they don't know their ärse from a hole in the ground. Long live positive change. :thumleft:
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

"A hole in the ground". There's another thing created by an explosion.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

mid ulster maestro wrote:"A hole in the ground". There's another thing created by an explosion.
Aye well, it could result from a big beng or it could have been caused by McAlpine's fusiliers with a rake of shovels. We'll probably never know in our lifetime which wan.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Shan wrote:
Minister for Health Simon Harris has described as "ignorant" and "pathetic" suggestions by the Catholic bishop of Waterford and Lismore that vaccinating 12-year-old girls against the human papilloma virus (HPV) could lead to promiscuity.

Speaking to reporters in Dublin today, Mr Harris said: "Some of this week's attempts by the bishop to purport to be a medical expert have been extraordinarily disappointing, extraordinarily dangerous and damaging to a very important public health campaign."

Asked to respond to Bishop Cullinane's comment that administering the vaccine to pre-teen girls effectively promotes promiscuity, Mr Harris responded: "That only shows how ignorant he is on this matter. That's quite a pathetic thing to say.

"And don't believe me. Talk to medical experts about it. The reason you vaccinate children at that age at school is to prevent them from picking up cervical cancer at a later stage in life. It is the most optimum time to vaccinate our children. And that's not my view. It's the view of all the medical experts.

Well said Simon Harris. FFS I wish the bishops and other assorted jesters of the Vatican Court would f-ck off and stop contaminating public discourse by mouthing about things which they know nothing about. Stick to telling people their everloving God hates them and will send them to hell for their imperfections in the guarded and deceptive way they do and hopefully more and more folk will see the light. Feck but I dislike hateful and hypocritical pr1cks.
Leaving the cervical cancer issue aside, a lot of years ago I had a similar discussion with my wife who was working in a small hospital in Africa at the time. I said that giving contraception free to young people only made it easier for them to engage in self destructive behaviour. She said that I should tell that to the fifteen year old girl on whom she had just performed a hysterectomy because the girl had tried to abort her pregnancy with a sharp stick! Suddenly my theoretical reasoning looked more than a bit pathetic. Abstract philosophy and theology have their place, like here, on a virtual discussion board, but the real world needs something different.

The argument that we shouldn't do things that make it easier for people to do bad things s obviously a good one but the real world is the only one we've got to live in. Doesn't matter whether it's Joe church, Joe atheist or Joe anybody who's talking, abstract ideologies rarely get us anywhere good.