Ulster v Leinster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Leinster

Post by Cornerfleg »

Lol.... Sooooo true.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Kofi Annan wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:Diack 201 caps..... more than Best. Image Best has his face on an Ulster bus.

From an Ulster point of view that is embarrassing.

The Saffers have been disappointing (no fault of their own).

Les disappearing will make no difference as Cornerfleg is saying.

I'm lost to what has to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Less whinging, more SUFTUM and obey the 10 Comandments , oh and the Giants won
Sounds about right Kofi, I'm tired of it. The nearly men,the 'what ifs'.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Time for a massive clear out, was said before, There is something rotten in Kingspan, time for a massive shake up and a clear out at all levels.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Cornerfleg wrote:Lol.... Sooooo true.
Can we change Ferris's name to Trump?? Judge/Rooster help us out.

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Ulster v Leinster

Post by kingofthehill »

All these academy coaches need to be attached to schools on a permanent basis. Not big Belfast schools where they have DORs better than the current Ulster coaches . Can they leave Belfast and go to omagh,enniskillen,coleraine,foyle,ballyclare etc. or is that out of their comfort zone?

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Credit to Lesinter to some extent for disrupting our lineout but the bizarre thing in amongst that complete shambles is that i am struggling to think of many (if any) that they actually stole, as opposed to crooked throws, mistimed jumps, dropped balls, aimless taps etc.

Against a tight defence on a windy day if you can't get any source of possession from your lineout then you are completely screwed.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

King you talk more sense pashed than the UR spin drs and the sound bite men combined.

Get a target skill set identify it promote it and reward it. Waaaay too much emphasis on players who are in top seed schools cup teams. We have let shed loads of talent head to oblivion because they dont wave scarves on Paddy's day.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

No matter how good Jonno is, he is not going to make the likes of Black, Diack and Henry into any kind of ball carriers. He is also not a great healer to make the likes of Deysel and Coetzee return from their spiritual homes...aka the treatment table (not having a pop at either with that reference by the way). He also can't throw into our lineouts and jump, although having said that he may have won a couple more than we actually did today.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Cornerfleg wrote:King you talk more sense pashed than the UR spin drs and the sound bite men combined.

Get a target skill set identify it promote it and reward it. Waaaay too much emphasis on players who are in top seed schools cup teams. We have let shed loads of talent head to oblivion because they dont wave scarves on Paddy's day.
The big belfast schools don't need it (Doak,Soper and Wells). The Ulster academy coaches are having a giraffe. Lazy-just whatever is handy for them.

222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Elephant in the room, Rory was f”cking awful!

Young AC was ok.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cornerfleg wrote:People even if Folk folks.... We're still left with dung...

We're not good enough despite saffers, our school system is not producing anything in the half back department, and our forwards are soft as shyte.

Les is a good Scape goat, but if you think things would improve if he fecks off yer deluded and myopically challenged.

Sorry, Fleg you are wrong, if the man at the top is a muppet, what you get is muppetry.

Right, I'll say it yet again, I am absolutely staggered that not one guy on the coaching team has noticed a problem with Christian Leali'ifano kicking from hand on the right-hand side of the pitch. I'll guarantee every soul reading this that Cullen & Lancaster noticed.

Why in fuc'ks name a month after I raised this has nothing been done about it? It only took 2 weeks for FOLK to appoint Hendy as Captain at my urging. To be frank I'm getting Pi$$ed off telling them what they are doing wrong only for them to take their own sweet time in getting things sorted.

Stevie Wonder, who like me has never seen this inside of his house, could see that Leafyfanny should not kick from the right-hand side near touch. Mind you I thought he played really well tonight.

LES, FFFS I repeat you have 2 very strong left-footed kickers, would you FFFS use one of them. :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

At the same time,it's probably fair we give them a break,they are just a very average side. Simple.

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:People even if Folk folks.... We're still left with dung...

We're not good enough despite saffers, our school system is not producing anything in the half back department, and our forwards are soft as shyte.

Les is a good Scape goat, but if you think things would improve if he fecks off yer deluded and myopically challenged.

Sorry, Fleg you are wrong, if the man at the top is a muppet, what you get is muppetry.

Right, I'll say it yet again, I am absolutely staggered that not one guy on the coaching team has noticed a problem with Christian Leali'ifano kicking from hand on the right-hand side of the pitch. I'll guarantee every soul reading this that Cullen & Lancaster noticed.

Why in fuc'ks name a month after I raised this has nothing been done about it? It only took 2 weeks for FOLK to appoint Hendy as Captain at my urging. To be frank I'm getting Pi$$ed off telling them what they are doing wrong only for them to take their own sweet time in getting things sorted.

Stevie Wonder, who like me has never seen this inside of his house, could see that Leafyfanny should not kick from the right-hand side near touch. Mind you I thought he played really well tonight.

LES, FFFS I repeat you have 2 very strong left-footed kickers, would you FFFS use one of them. :duh:

Baggy - getting rid of Les would be a small step in the right direction but i don't think it would solve a huge amount longer term. Kiss should carry the can because he has been there the longest and has run out of excuses, regardless of what could be seen as a disastrous situation we have found ourselves in with the PJ/Olding scenario followed by Coetzee and to a lesser extent the regular absence of Deysel. BUT until we unearth some real depth or a wealthy benefactor with no IRFU influence then i honestly can't see things getting much better.
west22
Novice

Post by west22 »

Is coaching the problem?
The lineout seemed individual problems, throwing and jumping. We failed to pass and catch.
Decisions, Stockdale’s quick line out and then kick out on the full, just like Lealiifano did against Wasps. I thought Rory was honest in interview after match, but we hear the same every week. Do the players and coaches not learn?

Some suggest a clear out of coaches, but I think the players are not top class. IRFU, meant to support Provinces, won’t move players around. Our situation at 9,Cooney playing well, but still fourth in Ireland. The mess that will be 10, any up and coming Irish players available. The back row situation, Leinster have more than enough for four teams yet no direction to move, and I think Ruddock and Conan have refused to come here. If we are to help Ireland become strong, they need to help us with young players from Ireland. Our academy is shrinking, got it keep more players connected to Ulster through clubs and then we might get more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

OK, the match then.

Right, we are all in gurn mode again so allow me to set things straight.

IN the first half and right up to half time, I liked how we went about our work and remained optimistic that we could yet turn the head of steam the Mexicans were building just before halftime.

To the astonishment of anyone with a brain, Black Best & Ah Fuc'k actually destroying a Mexican scrum for Reidy to power over was almost shocking.

Up to half-time, I thought Cairns, despite one or two poor passes was acquitting himself rightly & to my amazement, Rodders was the prime candidate for MOTM, I particularly enjoyed him snattering Kearney.

Sadly we never fired a shot in the 2nd half, primarily due to handling errors and an omnishambles at the lineout, as someone said, a cacophony of errors, many and varied, the only credit Leinster could take was the pressure that Toner applied to the jumpers to mix it up too much. I have to ask, what the FF is wrong with securing one at no 2 now and again when it's all going to shyte.

What a chastening experience to see the Mexicans, so certain that the game was in the beg that 2-3 times when something more was possible, simply tucking the ball away short into touch to keep us penned back in our half.

Afterwards what discussion was had on rugby centred on what a very strong squad and depth in almost every position they have and how they play a game where players come in and do the required job, nothing fancy needed, play their systems and blow most teams away.

I think they may not have just as good a team 1-15 as when they won 3 Heinos, but they have a far far stronger squad. The frightening thing is that they have so many talented young players - we have Stockdale...................just Stockdale.

Nothing really to be gained by berating our lads than good second half, they will win this conference at a canter.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.