The Disappeared 2018-19 season

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: The Disappeared 2018-19 season

Post by rumncoke »

Since 1999 the Cockatrice has blamed every ill at the « higher « levels of the Ulster Administrative structures.

Failing of course to recognise the fact they have very little to do with Professional game other than trying to define the budget and seeing the financial targets are met and that the off field needs of the team are there on time when required - buses - flights - hotels - security - hospitality for visiting Blazers and officials .

It’s the DoRs function to create a team to play within the defined budget .

The fact is that Belfast schools yearly provide the most successful teams in rugby but it is equally true that very few of the boys continue to play rugby after school for a variety of reasons it is equally true it is a rare year that would produce more than three players to play professional rugby.

Similarly there are four Academy’s in Ireland of which Leinster is the most successful
But like every province squad turnover would be about restricted to 5-8 players a season and that could a mix of retirees and failures ( players who don’t even make the bench )

If innocent Ulster wouldn’t be able to terminate PJ or Oldings contracts and would be advised to be careful in any offer put to the players .

Unfortunately there is a what might consider to many vested interests in a guilty verdict - since it would make life easy for a lot of people .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

FFS. How did that one sound in your head?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Ethel
Novice

Post by Ethel »

Matt Williams touched me up, cream everywhere. Dropped a plate of Eclairs for Dr Dave.
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

But is ardour disappeared quickly in the ice tub I’m sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

hallucinating.jpg
hallucinating.jpg (102.57 KiB) Viewed 436 times
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Tender wrote:FFS that was written by Stephen Beacom! A gullible idiot who famously had the p1ss taken outta him when he published a story in the Tele about Iraqi Glenman. A story which was totally fabricated, including a photoshopped image and an anagram of his own name.

He has no credibility at all.
Tender.... let me get this straight are you saying that Beacoms Q and A session in a one to one interview with the CEO is completely fabricated?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Although Ulster pulled out of a move for Arno Botha late in the day, they are perceived as having a track record of signing NIQ players with fitness issues.

Yet these players are supposed to plug the talent gaps in the squad and are the very players who should be signed not least because they are able to play week in and week out. And it’s something that’s happened under various coaching teams, over a number of years.

If the club haven’t done so already I would recommend they undertake an audit of the overseas signings over the past decade and evaluate the overall contribution, not just in terms of quality but in game time too. Common factors should be identified, whether it be in terms of agents or those making recommendations.

Ulster are still a big name in European Rugby and should be confident enough and professional enough not to solely rely on former players and longstanding relationships when it comes to future recruitment.

When you only have a limited number of external additions -it’s important to get it right significantly more often than not.

The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.

.....Seems Neil Best gets his “inspiration” from this forum. A very cutting article. >flog
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Paddy Jackson has announced he is gay

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:It's the duty of the poster to provide the source

Source?

Yip, thought it one of Russ's stupidest posts. I have no source for that so ignore me. Oh, wait........... I have the support of Russ's oeuvre
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:It's the duty of the poster to provide the source

Source?

Yip, thought it one of Russ's stupidest posts. I have no source for that so ignore me. Oh, wait........... I have the support of Russ's oeuvre
Good to see we're on the same page

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

+1 >EW

I know, I’m a hypocrite. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Interested in reading Ron’n’s tome, particularly the last two paragraphs, and the reactions to it, but the last bits are interesting.

It’s that bloody elephant again, stalking the room. Jackson and Olding, if found innocent of all charges, then what next?

It appears that nobody here believes they will ever play for Ulster again. I’m saying nothing about the case or their perceived morality but I will tell you this, international level outhalf is a rare commodity, we are seeing a superb player trying to impersonate one at present and though he brings much to it, an international 10 he is very obviously not.

If innocent, I’d keep Jackson in a heartbeat, this holier than thou bullshit is just that, only at Ulster do we judge that players should walk in the footsteps of Jesus H Christ.

Just saying like ...............other incorrect opinions may well be held by others.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

If found not guilty we must accept that and if they can prove to the leaders in the team that they will give heart and soul for the team then Im in no doubt that supporters should accept that

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

This needs a poll. I'm in the if innocent let them stay camp.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

They have a contract.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?