Ulsterboys V The Munstermen

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Ulsterboys V The Munstermen

Post by jean valjean »

So cave saves kiss for another while. As much as we feel the team prep is lacking you cannot fault the effort in the second half. We had an academy back row for the last 25 mins or so and despite Munster self destructing these guys are busting a gut. Special mention for jones who was everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Last edited by jean valjean on Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Some good second half performances thanks to a weak Munster back row without Stander and PoM .
Munster had a good front five who dominated the first half by getting the ball into the 22 .

The Munster back line was as bad if not worse than the Ulster forwards with one exception their box kicks were on the money and their half backs got the forwards into the 22 .
Having disallowed Cloony’s try the ref had to give the red .

I had a worry about Lyttle last year he looked under weight and out of place but he’s worked hard to bulk up and looks like he could make the grade , because with Bowe and Trimble fading into the twilight of their playing days Ulster are in need of a couple of wings in addition to Stockdale and Gilroy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Back row did rightly fair play
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

Munster should have been 30 points up at half time.

Surely the finest example of a stupid red card costing a team a match. (and almost a losing bonus point too)

We would never have come back against 15 men although the change of props made a great difference. Rodney must be the most useless prop we have ever had, and that's saying something.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

colind wrote:Munster should have been 30 points up at half time.

Surely the finest example of a stupid red card costing a team a match. (and almost a losing bonus point too)

We would never have come back against 15 men although the change of props made a great difference. Rodney must be the most useless prop we have ever had, and that's saying something.
Rodders has stiff competition from a few currently on the books.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Would love to know who did the half-time team talk.

Gibbes was giving off and shaking his head furiously after we took the lead while Kiss was looking mightily relieved. Methinks all is not well there.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

No talk necessary.
Just take off 2 inept props and replace them with 2 half decent ones.
Funny how that works
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

First half was shocking. Thought the young back row did well in the second half- Rea coming on looked good which was encouraging and the backs looked dangerous when they finally got the ball. But that first half...
Inspector Brown
Novice

Post by Inspector Brown »

Silverstu wrote:First half was shocking. Thought the young back row did well in the second half- Rea coming on looked good which was encouraging and the backs looked dangerous when they finally got the ball. But that first half...
The whole bloody thing was shocking. We were playing Munster seconds and it took them to be down to 13 men before we woke up.
Rubyredhorse
Novice

Post by Rubyredhorse »

Thought Matt Rea looked excellent when he came on
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Inspector Brown wrote:
Silverstu wrote:First half was shocking. Thought the young back row did well in the second half- Rea coming on looked good which was encouraging and the backs looked dangerous when they finally got the ball. But that first half...
The whole bloody thing was shocking. We were playing Munster seconds and it took them to be down to 13 men before we woke up.
Wise up, we're brill. Les very happy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

At least they actually played to the,required standard against 13/14. The last time that happened at Ravers we made a right hames of it. The first half was so bad even the "band" were stunned into silence.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

It really is good when players play in their correct positions in the backs, ball moves freely and defence from backs actually works.

Now what really happened at half time ? Did the players throw the gameplan down the toilet and just play what was in front of them or did Les fire them up, I reckon the first option
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Nothing was said at half time apparently.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

My thought is correct then, gameplan down toilet just requires a flush and not words.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best