Ulsterboys V The Munstermen

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Liz Fraser
Squire

Re: Ulsterboys V The Munstermen

Post by Liz Fraser »

Rooster wrote:It really is good when players play in their correct positions in the backs, ball moves freely and defence from backs actually works.

Now what really happened at half time ? Did the players throw the gameplan down the toilet and just play what was in front of them or did Les fire them up, I reckon the first option
Again they brought on two props who could prop.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Rooster wrote:My thought is correct then, gameplan down toilet just requires a flush and not words.
They should have flushed down Kiss as well.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Wonder what would have happened at FT if the first half had been repeated? There were a few boos on the terrace at HT.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

Havnt been down at a game since the women's rugby World Cup finals, when did they take PJs and other players pictures off the back of the stand at the carpark
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

UR13IRFU wrote:Havnt been down at a game since the women's rugby World Cup finals, when did they take PJs and other players pictures off the back of the stand at the carpark
Shortly after the sh$t hit the fan.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Inspector Brown wrote:
Silverstu wrote:First half was shocking. Thought the young back row did well in the second half- Rea coming on looked good which was encouraging and the backs looked dangerous when they finally got the ball. But that first half...
The whole bloody thing was shocking. We were playing Munster seconds and it took them to be down to 13 men before we woke up.
Wise up, we're brill. Les very happy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Could you point me to the bit where I said we where brill there Jackie.. I can't seem to see it.. I did point out that in the 2nd half our very callow, young back row did well against a much more experienced Munster one
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Morning, win never in doubt, pity we didn't get the bonus point, anyway I said we would get a win, a win we got , the pack in the second half with the two additions made a difference, set piece again was awful at times , this part of the game is NOT Kiss's responsibility , Scrum coach was water boy, I did not once see him go to the pack as a group anytime when it was struggling ?

Big Diddies, struggled and I was surprised at that.

So Leinster up next I expect a close game, but sadly a losing bonus point also.

Seven years coming up, I would like the media to sit down with the CEO and do a hard fast Q+ A, without time for him to spin his poo. But that won't happen.

On the game, some of the fans are a disgrace, personal abuse to players is unacceptable, and husbands if you can't control your wives with too much Fizz in them, leave them at home, they ruin the atmosphere with their incoherent brad pitt.

Dublin here I come .
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

[quote="Gerald the Mole"]Morning, win never in doubt, pity we didn't get the bonus point".....

We did get the bonus point. Did u leave before the last minute???

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Liz Fraser wrote:
Rooster wrote:It really is good when players play in their correct positions in the backs, ball moves freely and defence from backs actually works.

Now what really happened at half time ? Did the players throw the gameplan down the toilet and just play what was in front of them or did Les fire them up, I reckon the first option
Again they brought on two props who could prop.

Liz.... you should put yourself forward as a scout because UR seem to have an inability to actually sign a prop who can prop.. maybe Moore is the answer to all our prayers.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

We'll be fine once Hond gets over what ever he's getting over....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

jean valjean wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Morning, win never in doubt, pity we didn't get the bonus point".....

We did get the bonus point. Did u leave before the last minute??? Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Quite a few left after the 40th minute. Definitely more elbow room in the second half. Don't think I've ever heard a more muted rendition of SUFTUM than at the start of the second. The piped music saved their blushes.
Big Neville Southall
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

What will Hond get over..lethargy and lack of ability?

Cave proved a point last night and Kiss needs to eat crow and go.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The first half was insipid. It was a competition amongst the forwards to see who could be the most static when receiving the ball. Munster will lap that up all day long. They could put two or three in the tackle without stretching their line and likely turn us over. It wasn't until the second half when we started carrying in pods that inroads were made. Deysel had a bit more space too and made a good bust through the line.

The backs looked pretty good I must say. Cave-haters are quiet today. I think with Stockdale, Lyttle and Gilroy as a back three and Ludik in there too, we can wave goodbye to Charlie and save an absolute bomb. The one handed take and spin from Gilroy to finish the grubber from Cave was sublime.

We have real issues at LH prop. Black and Herbst did well in the scrum when they came on but we have seen both getting mullered at other points in the season. We have to explore other options.

FOLK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

You have got to love the Munster 5 metre line outs

It's a 3 card +1 +1 shuffle

Three cards are the Jumper, first in the line out, and last in the line out.

The Jumper lines up on the thrower ( +1 ), the first and last in the line out a small pace behind the jumper. The thrower then moves in line with the first and last players and quickly throws to the Jumper . the track of the ball being through the first towards the opposition tail .

Thus the throw in, fundamentally, is a forward pass from touch to the Jumper.

The Lifter ( the second +1 ) then moves in front of the jumper when bring him to ground
Then any opposition player attempting to bind on to the jumper appears to be coming in from the side , thus guaranteeing a second bite at the maul if the first fails.

The ref fell for it every time last night in the first half.

My feeling on the Munster defensive 5 metre line out is that get in line quickly, before the opposition lining up,on the thrower thus ensuring any throw will appear crooked or may be easily disrupted by a jumper.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I'm not a Cave hater but defensively the power horse last night was McCloskey with his tackle in the corner ( NB McCloskey was inside centre not outside centre )

Secondly the Munster trys were all forward set piece plays not back breaks requiring covering back by the centres .

So while Cave played reasonable well in attack and provided the wings with opportunities with a couple of well timed passes and took his try well and milked the crowd ,he did not have as great a game as many think he had . That said it was definitely an improvement on ,the fast declining, Tommy Bowe
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist