Wasps Vs Ulster Sun 21/01/18 BT Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

SparkyClarky
Warrior

Re: Wasps Vs Ulster Sun 21/01/18 BT Sport

Post by SparkyClarky »

Loved the analysis of the Quins match come back....run at them hard and protect the ball ie hold on to it!

Not us, we’ll kick you the ball all day and trust our ‘D’ because you can’t get through us “AS WE ARE ULSTER,” ps Did you know we have an international Defence coach on the books!

All joking a side, I SAID TO THE WIFE I wasn’t expecting much but I expected better than that.
I wish Kiss was Japanese because if he was,he would do the decent thing and fall on it but hopefully he uses it on Peel first.

Don’t want Donald either give McPhilips his chance. McGlocks did it with PJ in 2012 and it was what was needed.

Another sad day for the Ulster fans, Connacht Challenge, Leinster & Munster in th Big time and we have the B&I :banghead:
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
scrum5 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42767915

Is it only me that Peel ticks off in this interview?
Add me to that. Hard to expect him to show any emotion but having to be prompted for an apology is poor. Jonnos reputation will go down the pan very quickly unless things change. Can't see him putting up with this much longer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
What about the others that don’t have the balls to face the press...

Col. Logan has been Missing in Action for far too long as well.. not the first time though he missed the action in the Falklands and a few other places as well.
Fair shout Cockers.
What was he supposed to say? For me he called a spade a spade. We were absolute scour and were bullied at the breakdown. If we fired a shot, I missed it.
In recent weeks we have had a couple of great breaks with opposition players carded at crucial times letting us back in against Munster and last week. Otherwise we have been consistently weak for most of the season.

It's a hard schoolroom for Timoney who is looking like a good player in the making.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

kingofthehill wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:Are Ulster one of the best 8 teams in Europe? Nope!

We accept mediocrity.

Stop bitching.

Would binning Lester help? Nope.

Did our NIQs stand up and make a difference today? Did they fûck!

I’m tired of this shyte
So binning Les and bringing in Wayne Smith, Wayne Pivac, Gregor Townsend etc wouldn’t make a difference?
Obviously we won’t get any of them but there are top coaches out there. Tony Brown would be the coach I would be going after.

Sacking Kiss and getting a top coach would make a huge difference.
I'm getting very very fed up with this nonsense: Would getting rid of Kiss help?

Fu'ck my hairy ould arsepeice with a yard brush, are you kidding me? Improve things?

Every day of the week would be improved, he doesn't know what he's doing. Forget the twitches and ticks, think more about the crazed selections, think about what he said at the RDS. Amongst a lot of blether, he actually hit the nail on the head, "downward spiral... yadda yadda yadda, inconsistency ..... yadda yadda yadda, no constant dependable style of rugby yadda yadda yadda. All spot on, perfect diagnosis - but who is responsible for those things? Consistency starts with him, selection, style, tone, you name it, it's been his job to define it and his job to implement it but instead................choas, week in week out the inconsistencies all start with him.

Would gassing FOLK sort every issue that bedevils Spanners, like the bluffer in the CEO chair for example? Of course not. BUT LOOK ................ are people suggesting that unless you make every change that it's not worthwhile making ANY? You cannot be serious. Change does not come through revolution sweeping away the old and bringing in a bright brand new day, change comes incrementally, and it only makes a difference if the right things are changed.

LOOK......... let's just say that Shane Logan has been wonderful, ok a bit too little to say recently for my liking, seems to be hiding away .............but forget that. He's done 8 years, thank you Shane, enjoy your next job BUT what exactly are you bringing to Spanners right now - what have you done in the last 12 months that you can be proud of, what differences have you made that have been positive for Ulster Rugby? 8 years has been more than long enough to make a big positive job but it's been going backwards for the last 3 years. Do the right thing man, this is not a self-glorification job, it means too much to too many people to have someone making bad decisions.

We need rid of this sort of bullshite:

LOOK ................. dateline 6/1/18 Kiss: “We have got a new person to replace Christian and we will announce that in due course,” said Ulster director of rugby Les Kiss follow the 38-7 defeat to Leinster at the RDS. “It’s an overseas player and all that has been cleared so no problems.”

FACT CHECK: no we don't, you told us so today, we have signed nobody, we are talking to someone but there are issues, it's not sorted it's not signed.

LOOK ...................dateline 8/1/18 Kiss: “I don’t think they’re that much better than us,” Les Kiss, the embattled Ulster director of rugby, protested despite Saturday’s 38-7 scoreline at the RDS telling no lies. “It’s a [downward] spiral. It’s not ideal and it’s hurting us to be that inconsistent, it’s not ideal that’s for sure. That’s the nature of what we’re looking at the minute. That inconsistency, we don’t have a constant dependable style of rugby that we can rely on. We have a chance next week to respond.”

FACT CHECK: Does anyone in their right mind, or I'll even accept even a single certified lunatic, believe there is not much between Ulster & Leinster. You have to be an idiot to think there is not a yawning gulf between the smooth operators of D4 and the chaos at Spanners.

Oh ...................I can't be bothered stating the bleedin' obvious. I'm out. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Gary wrote:I'm doing my best on Bakebook to bring a touch of reality but it's hard work
Each to their own Gary but I've not enough time left in this miserable life to waste it on those fu'ckpuppets.

Yer a saint man, I keep tellin' ya. Don't suppose you threatened to shoot the town drunk again? That one almost made me go and check out bakebook ........... but I tried a darkened room instead.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
turko
Novice
Location: Exiled but heart remains at the cathedral on match day

Post by turko »

Nearly freezed ourselves to death at that soulless hell pit today. For what. We didn't even play any rugby. No possession. No territory. Completely done over at the breakdown (men against boys in that department). Mistakes, penalties again and again, ffs clueless in all aspects.
Listened to their (Welsh) coach on way home who said they were 'professional' in the conditions, maybe fair enough - but if so we were the opposite. Coaches need to look at themselves.
FOLK
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

The coach imprints his personality on the team.

He's right about the downward spiral though. Signing other teams bench players and expecting to be better than them, even though guys like Murphy will breeze into our team. We also have a poor strike rate at NIQ success. If we keep going like this who in their right mind wants to come here and we end up thinking players like the Hond are wonderful additions.

We have to do it ourselves and from the inside. He's also right it won't happen overnight. The cavalry isn't about to ride over the hill.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Kiss speaks bullshyte
Logan speaks bullshyte
Blind leading the blind but spare a thought for the Pro Game Board and those fine elected/appointed persons overseeing the Pro game here..
Too many people in jobs for life from what I read today fitness was an issue... I reckon Blackrock College train with more intensity..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

When was the last time we had a team to be proud of? Yup, 2013.
Les Kiss has led us backwards, he's a nice guy and a good man manager, but he's not up to the job. We have replaced the troublesome Doak and Clarke, but nothing changes. We are miles behind Munster and light years behind Leinster.
8 years into Logan's 5-year plan and we are not one yard further on. It's probably too much to hope that Logan can be removed for anything short of gross misconduct, so talking about that is a waste of time.
It's deeply depressing stuff, so much so that I opted not to go to last weekend’s game. First time I have ever not used my season ticket in 19 seasons. And I don't regret it.
Anything other than the appointment of a DOR with a proven track record will be unacceptable. We need someone to lead the team, motivate the team, select the correct team. We need a forwards’ coach who will instil some dog in our pack. We need someone to teach aggressive defence and outlaw flamin soak tackles.
No disrespect to Bryn, another good bloke, but his recent signings have been shockingly bad. Hond and Deysel are simply horrendously poor rugby players. So, a big question mark over Bryn too. Maybe I’m missing something, but Deysel was decidedly average at Munster. A hard bugger, but no skill set. Useless at 6 or 8. Why did we sign him? Was it simply because he was available?
Anyway I have work in the morning.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Anyone heard from Logan recently?
He used to be a lot more visible

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

turko wrote:Nearly freezed ourselves to death at that soulless hell pit today. For what. We didn't even play any rugby. No possession. No territory. Completely done over at the breakdown (men against boys in that department). Mistakes, penalties again and again, ffs clueless in all aspects.
Listened to their (Welsh) coach on way home who said they were 'professional' in the conditions, maybe fair enough - but if so we were the opposite. Coaches need to look at themselves.
FOLK
All that sounds about right to me. The one thing we had going in our favour was wee mccall in the scrum, Dai sorted it at half time. They did play the conditions better than us, no doubt about it.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

stickinout wrote:
turko wrote:Nearly freezed ourselves to death at that soulless hell pit today. For what. We didn't even play any rugby. No possession. No territory. Completely done over at the breakdown (men against boys in that department). Mistakes, penalties again and again, ffs clueless in all aspects.
FOLK
All that sounds about right to me. The one thing we had going in our favour was wee mccall in the scrum, Dai sorted it at half time. They did play the conditions better than us, no doubt about it.
Not sure the conditions had a hell of a lot to do with it. Wasps were running the ball wide despite the foul weather. In better conditions it's quite likely they would have humped us by an even bigger score. Losing Stockdale and Ludik did not help, though Lyttle stepped up and played well enough, as did McPhillips. I'd play him any day ahead of the clapped out Stephen Donald.
Scholar
Initiate

Post by Scholar »

Attachments
5D06D399-2DD7-4CC6-A4DB-94C963CE2B5B.jpeg
5D06D399-2DD7-4CC6-A4DB-94C963CE2B5B.jpeg (202.2 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Give Lester a chance, the boys are hurting and will train really really hard this week
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

The media must call him out on lying to us about the signing of 'An overseas player'

We knew this was coming . We knew we were lucky to get ourselves in with a shot at the QFs. We know we're not good enough . We know Kiss is the main problem. We now know Peel hasn't worked out, but heho at least he's sorry for 'The Fans who traveled'. The rest of us Noisy Season ticket holders just don't matter. They don't hear the noise.

Kiss cannot lift the team. Best himself said as much when he admitted he hadn't given his all in
the Leinster game. Best said he was still sore days after the Munster game, but not so much after playing Leinster.
A good coach has the players giving EVERYTHING in every game. Emptying the tank and putting their bodies on the line. Our lot just don't do it .
FFS we never looked likely to score yesterday. They virtually scored our try for us.
Rare on off performances aren't good enough and that's all we've had for the past two seasons.

Kiss, his cohorts and his bluffers are besmirching the name of Ulster Rugby. I'll pay the entrance fee to the Nevin Spence Centre and walk them around it myself. Maybe one our two will realise what it means to play for ULSTER.
As things stand, they are taking money under false pretences.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.