Bye Charles

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Bye Charles

Post by Russ »

Season ending injury tonight
Goodbye Charles
Sign that home legends board

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Bye Charles

Post by Russ »

Gusher says this is nonsense
Close the thread

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lock the forum. It's dead on here.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Buy Charles

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Anonymous tonight again before he was carted off. Such a waste of money.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Who did he hack?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

FFFS Russ for a minute I thought Ray Charles had died again.

I saw Ray Charles in Dublin in a gig with Van Morrison, Morrison first giving the legend his place, quality. Anyway when Van Morrison wrote the lines: And Ray Charles was shot down, But he got up to do his best ..............I didn't think he was talking about a resurrection, so you can imagine my alarm when I saw the title of the thread.

I digress, so let me tell you, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use these words ...................... he was asking for it. Can there be a team in the league who think Charless will do anything other than run into them? That ball should have been blattered out of the 22 into their half but to no surprise whatsoever Chuck ran into a big lad.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

half-arsed sums up last night's performance.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

If the NIQ were cars we'd marvel at the miles Piutau has managed to put on the clock compared to the other NIQs in recent years.

Wannenburg doesn't make NIQs but if he did they would be the most durable in the world.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Charles was a luxury we couldn't afford.
Literally.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I used to enjoy Charlie on the wing. More often than not he would have the beating of his opposite man. At fullback he runs up to the line, stops, does a goose step and runs into a few forwards. We might be short on back three players for next week.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:I used to enjoy Charlie on the wing. More often than not he would have the beating of his opposite man. At fullback he runs up to the line, stops, does a goose step and runs into a few forwards. We might be short on back three players for next week.
In summary Dave, he is the poor man's Kearney, waste of money, for someone who is supposedly world class, I won't miss him. Might have been different if he'd been a winger.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

You forget all the matches when he was the only positive. There was a time when I didn't tell the family I was going to the rugby; I said I was away to watch Charles.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Yeah, some have that opinion, I think he has a minimum of 6 "WTF are you doing" moments in every match, too often he looks bored and just wants to entertain himself. Then there are his disgraceful missed tackles against better teams, then there are moments of giving up as he did in Toemund Parc disgracefully last season. He appears to have little or no interest in the art of passing, probably why he is a very average exponent of the skill, big boot but no control. The simple question I would put to everyone is this: Would you pick Chaz at 15 or Girrid. Girrid is an utterly different creature and a much better fullback.

Bags of talent, ordinary to shyte fullback. Could have been a legend on the wing, fu'ck FOLK, but..............

FOCP.

OKAY, I had forgotten to add, last year he was good, look at him this season, 17 games, 2 tries, 1 against Cheetahs seconds, 1 against Hairyquims thirds, both in games where Ulster scored 50 plus points. The prosecution rests.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Charles has been a fine player and at times exceptional. The restrained game plan that we have been playing this season hasn't particularly suited him. Although at times, he and Stockdale have kept us in games that we were going to lose.
Unlike some, I think he's almost as good at fullback as he is at wing where he plays a more direct game. Granted, his kicking game isn't good enough at 15, but he poses a threat across the backline and 'fixes' defenders which creates room for others.