Team for the Defeat at Scaaaaaaaaaaalets

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Team for the Defeat at Scaaaaaaaaaaalets

Post by Snipe Watson »

Bart S wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Big-al wrote:It has to be said, Cunningham has being doing a poor job, has he ever made a shrewd signing?

His interview last week, didn;t sound great, especially is attitude towards homegrown players and youth rugby, instead of trying to grow youth rugby, already seems destined to failure and signing Leinster rejects?
IN the words of an intelligent young lady from Parkland Florida, allow me to call >bs on that notion. Leinster are producing a level of young talent that may well be the strongest collectively in Europe.

The fact that they cannot keep them all is not only testimony to the numbers involved but also the desire for some to go elsewhere where they will get to play more than the occasional game, Conway to Munster, Moore to Wasps, Quiff to France as examples. The fact that a player leaves Mexico does not mean that player is not good enough for pro rugby, neither do all players "find" their mature game at the same age, remember Janny the Loop was mid-20s before breaking through & now, of course, he is the greatest player in Christendom.

I'd state with confidence that Conway is a considerably better player than Seven Nation Army/One Man Team Ferg M'Fadden which shows that Mexico gets most things right but by no means all........................... and also that Schmidtferbrains still clings hard to his BIY. Ferg over Conway is an outrage, albeit anything that weakens the Paddybastards is OK by me.

#FROFIRFUCs.
Neither Kearney nor McFadden did anything yesterday to convince anyone they are worthy of a spot in the team/squad. Not that i am that surprised in either case.
Who is currently available and better than Kearney?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Larmour
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Big-al wrote:It has to be said, Cunningham has being doing a poor job, has he ever made a shrewd signing?

His interview last week, didn;t sound great, especially is attitude towards homegrown players and youth rugby, instead of trying to grow youth rugby, already seems destined to failure and signing Leinster rejects?
IN the words of an intelligent young lady from Parkland Florida, allow me to call >bs on that notion. Leinster are producing a level of young talent that may well be the strongest collectively in Europe.

The fact that they cannot keep them all is not only testimony to the numbers involved but also the desire for some to go elsewhere where they will get to play more than the occasional game, Conway to Munster, Moore to Wasps, Quiff to France as examples. The fact that a player leaves Mexico does not mean that player is not good enough for pro rugby, neither do all players "find" their mature game at the same age, remember Janny the Loop was mid-20s before breaking through & now, of course, he is the greatest player in Christendom.

I'd state with confidence that Conway is a considerably better player than Seven Nation Army/One Man Team Ferg M'Fadden which shows that Mexico gets most things right but by no means all........................... and also that Schmidtferbrains still clings hard to his BIY. Ferg over Conway is an outrage, albeit anything that weakens the Paddybastards is OK by me.

#FROFIRFUCs.
Neither Kearney nor McFadden did anything yesterday to convince anyone they are worthy of a spot in the team/squad. Not that i am that surprised in either case.
Harsh Bart, Bob showed his girlie pashun by greetin' like a bairn during the flegs and anfums. Chube. I bet he's like Dame Judi Dench and can cry to order. Bitch - Bob, not Dame Judy, she's a wee treasure. :roll:

Snipe: take your pick from Zebo, Conway, Louis Ludik (albeit he has been disappointing in the last two outings) Girrid - no wait ................even Gilroy FFFS. La Moor will be but a bit early yet, did feck all agin the Wops.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I've never been Big Stu's greatest fan, but yes he is better than many here will allow. Indeed in the early games, he was again showing that he can offload and do so well. He has scored 6 tries & has offloaded 20 times plus a good deal of other decent stats. Before this season he had only scored 7 tries in nearly 60 appearances so he is not the problem.

It's a problem for him being the main/only ball carrier in the team, that should be a load shared amongst a few forwards and by all means him, but if the load was shared it would allow him to do more than that primary task.

For me, over the season, he along with the Irish players plus Cooney, Gilroy & Timoney have been the players who can hold their head up over their contributions.

You know the way we are well stocked in the 2nd row? I wonder would London Spiderish swap us big Franco for Deysel?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Is this pack the worst Ulster pack ever?
Comfortably I would have thought.
Just when we think things can't get worse they go one lower.
Given the opposition not sure I can think of a worse performance even worse than Connacht or Leinster away as their teams were at least decent.
I'm just looking for us to find our ground zero to build from there.
Problem is we keep finding it.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:

Bryn's has been the man in charge of all professional rugby decisions since 2014 so yes I think it is time that he must also be brought into the so-called re structuring review... Indeed has that actually been announced or is it simply another urban myth that has now found a foothold...

He was as I understand the man responsible for the re-structuring in 2014.. and that is where we are today.

It may not have been officially announced though Bryn has talked about it, but it is actively underway.......... or so I'm toul'.

You may be correct though I think Bryn claimed for have come in after the last extensive review ........... this one is more extensive I understand, the last could best be summed up, not up summed, as inadequate in reach, focus and action.

If they don't get this right, most importantly with outside oversight and actually act on what is recommended Ulster will return deeper into the shadows never to reemerge into the sunlight.
Maybe its beyond the remit to make a clear statement to plebs in the outside world that an extensive review is underway with as you say outside/independent oversight.. presumably outside means the hand of the IRFU (not Esportif) and indeed does such a review stretch to the likes of say a PWC or other big firm that are now experts in all things... or instead a big rugby name (isn't that what Leinster did with Henry as a consultant for a period) ...... but everyone that was part of the problem needs to be under the microscope...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I've never been Big Stu's greatest fan, but yes he is better than many here will allow. Indeed in the early games, he was again showing that he can offload and do so well. He has scored 6 tries & has offloaded 20 times plus a good deal of other decent stats. Before this season he had only scored 7 tries in nearly 60 appearances so he is not the problem.

It's a problem for him being the main/only ball carrier in the team, that should be a load shared amongst a few forwards and by all means him, but if the load was shared it would allow him to do more than that primary task.

For me, over the season, he along with the Irish players plus Cooney, Gilroy & Timoney have been the players who can hold their head up over their contributions.

You know the way we are well stocked in the 2nd row? I wonder would London Spiderish swap us big Franco for Deysel?
I have been really impressed by Rob Lyttle - though he has been dogged by injury and has had very little game time. A real flying wing in the traditional sense with pace to burn and rugby intelligence. A tough wee bogger too. If he can stay fit he will go far.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

THIS SEASON was always going to be "a dogs dinner" once "the court room 2 ", Payne and back row ball carrier went missing. It then went from bad to worse when it became obvious that some old hands were not the players they once were and theoption going wide was limited unless both Stockdale and Gilroy were available.

Last night performance I hope was only the legacy of the Edinburgh game and I doubt if a week was sufficient to heal most of the players considering the team defended somewhere close to 60-70 % of that game, and there were rumours that most were carrying injuries going forward.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Bart S wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

#FROFIRFUCs.
Who is currently available and better than Kearney?
Conway

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Conway isn't as good and Larmour will be class on a stick, but he's not yet. Young Jordan didn't rip up many trees when he came on against Italy.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Kearney is an absolute liability. He simply cannot tackle. Two blatant missed tackles led to scores.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

the only IQ fullback that is better than Kearney is Jared Payne. Kearney's defence is not what it should be, but the alternatives are no better. I actually think Kearney is better this season than last. He's a dirty cheap-shot merchant too, but that's not the point.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lol
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Spiffsson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I've never been Big Stu's greatest fan, but yes he is better than many here will allow. Indeed in the early games, he was again showing that he can offload and do so well. He has scored 6 tries & has offloaded 20 times plus a good deal of other decent stats. Before this season he had only scored 7 tries in nearly 60 appearances so he is not the problem.

I have been really impressed by Rob Lyttle - though he has been dogged by injury and has had very little game time. A real flying wing in the traditional sense with pace to burn and rugby intelligence. A tough wee bogger too. If he can stay fit he will go far.
tough apart from breaking too easy and being broken for too long..
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:Kearney is an absolute liability. He simply cannot tackle. Two blatant missed tackles led to scores.
but his attempt at the drop goal was world class...