Big World of Rugby

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Big World of Rugby

Post by Dave »

Think of a number and double it. Double it again. You're still way off.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/41970264
"San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Marquise Goodwin scores an 83-yard touchdown just hours after he and his wife lost their unborn son, helping his side to their first win of the 2017 NFL season."
Seems everybody thinks he's brill. But your prematurely born son dies and you go to play murderball. No. Never, ever. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

For those of you with too much time on your hands or who work at Stormont, same thing really. Looks like we rebuilt Ravenspan too soon. Here's where sports stadiums (or is it stadia?) are heading.
https://leadersinsport.com/sport-busine ... n-stadium/
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

solidarity wrote:For those of you with too much time on your hands or who work at Stormont, same thing really. Looks like we rebuilt Ravenspan too soon. Here's where sports stadiums (or is it stadia?) are heading.
https://leadersinsport.com/sport-busine ... n-stadium/
That would cost the entire NI block grant and we would still feck it up and run over budget
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Casement will be another waste of money with a the desire to simply have the biggest stadia in Belfast... Kingspan is the envy of Europe I am told it was the jolt that Racing needed to built that dump they now have.. for the record I never considered Spanner’s anymore than a decent stadia but one that lacks flexibility possibly in part due to the local residents needs.. it ticks boxes but not enough.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Cockatrice wrote:Casement will be another waste of money with a the desire to simply have the biggest stadia in Belfast... Kingspan is the envy of Europe I am told it was the jolt that Racing needed to built that dump they now have.. for the record I never considered Spanner’s anymore than a decent stadia but one that lacks flexibility possibly in part due to the local residents needs.. it ticks boxes but not enough.
I don't think anyone would doubt that the atmosphere at Kingspan isn't what it was at Ravenhill, ten years ago. Is this the result of a new stadium, a weaker team or a different profile of fans? Maybe a combination of all three or something else entirely. One thing's for sure, no stadium improvements will significantly affect our on-field performances.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Cockatrice wrote:Casement will be another waste of money with a the desire to simply have the biggest stadia in Belfast... Kingspan is the envy of Europe I am told it was the jolt that Racing needed to built that dump they now have.. for the record I never considered Spanner’s anymore than a decent stadia but one that lacks flexibility possibly in part due to the local residents needs.. it ticks boxes but not enough.
I don't think anyone would doubt that the atmosphere at Kingspan isn't what it was at Ravenhill, ten years ago. Is this the result of a new stadium, a weaker team or a different profile of fans? Maybe a combination of all three or something else entirely. One thing's for sure, no stadium improvements will significantly affect our on-field performances.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

It's an entertainment business. Supporters are not being entertained or enthused by what they see on the pitch so the atmosphere is pants and attendances falling.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

From the BBC

Harlequins have announced a strategic partnership with three-times Rugby World Cup winners New Zealand.
The Premiership club will cooperate with the All Blacks in several projects, including an exchange of playing and coaching resources.
"The All Blacks are the benchmark of excellence for all teams," Quins chief executive David Ellis said.
"To be able to align with them both on and off the pitch will be of significant benefit to the club."

Harlequins could benefit by welcoming players taking a sabbatical from playing in New Zealand, with members of their squad spending time in New Zealand.
The two sides share a kit manufacturer and may enter into other commercial partnerships.
"This unique relationship will open some useful connections in that part of the world," New Zealand Rugby chief executive Steve Tew said.
"London is of key strategic importance to New Zealand Rugby, and this cooperation agreement is a very natural fit.
"This will create significant opportunities for both sides, with players, coaches and staff able to learn from different environments with different people, challenges and cultures."

Analysis
Chris Jones, BBC Radio 5 live rugby reporter
Despite their standing in the rugby world, New Zealand Rugby has long been concerned about the pull of the northern hemisphere.
While they have been happy on the whole for their coaches to experience new rugby cultures, they have lost a number of All Blacks in recent years to clubs in England and France.
This unprecedented initiative with Harlequins may give the NZRU greater control over which players and coaches head north - and when - as well as a commercial footing in London.
Quins should surely also benefit given the quality, depth and intellect in New Zealand rugby.

So who are UR going to pair up with?

Namibia anybody?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

solidarity wrote:From the BBC

Harlequins have announced a strategic partnership with three-times Rugby World Cup winners New Zealand.
The Premiership club will cooperate with the All Blacks in several projects, including an exchange of playing and coaching resources.
"The All Blacks are the benchmark of excellence for all teams," Quins chief executive David Ellis said.
"To be able to align with them both on and off the pitch will be of significant benefit to the club."

Harlequins could benefit by welcoming players taking a sabbatical from playing in New Zealand, with members of their squad spending time in New Zealand.
The two sides share a kit manufacturer and may enter into other commercial partnerships.
"This unique relationship will open some useful connections in that part of the world," New Zealand Rugby chief executive Steve Tew said.
"London is of key strategic importance to New Zealand Rugby, and this cooperation agreement is a very natural fit.
"This will create significant opportunities for both sides, with players, coaches and staff able to learn from different environments with different people, challenges and cultures."

Analysis
Despite their standing in the rugby world, New Zealand Rugby has long been concerned about the pull of the northern hemisphere.
While they have been happy on the whole for their coaches to experience new rugby cultures, they have lost a number of All Blacks in recent years to clubs in England and France.
This unprecedented initiative with Harlequins may give the NZRU greater control over which players and coaches head north - and when - as well as a commercial footing in London.
Quins should surely also benefit given the quality, depth and intellect in New Zealand rugby.

Namibia anybody?
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... ern-wealth

Here's the offer we've all been waiting for.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

solidarity wrote:
solidarity wrote:From the BBC

Analysis

Namibia anybody?
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... ern-wealth

Here's the offer we've all been waiting for.
It's Sale or Newcastle I believe

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Ah well, back on the phone to Namibia then.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

solidarity wrote:Ah well, back on the phone to Namibia then.
Id take a Jacques burger about now

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
solidarity wrote:Ah well, back on the phone to Namibia then.
Id take a Jacques burger about now

STFU
This is a KFC forum
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I see esportif opened an office in S Africa.

Roll up roll up, there's plenty more where the hond came from...

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk