Six Nations 17/18

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Six Nations 17/18

Post by Shan »

Liam Williams is a naughty boy. Lucky not see red.

However even if he did Wales would still win easily. Italy are hopeless. Parrisse is the worst player on the pitch.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Oh and I see that TV3 have decided to employ Stephen Ferris for their 6n coverage. I assume as replacement for ROG. They must not have been able to find a spare Leinsterman. :D
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

for dog and ulcer wrote:Angus Gardner is the scheduled referee at Twickenham. Seems to have attracted quite a lot of criticism early in his career. Maybe that is the joy of refereeing? Same nationality as Eddie Jones.
Sounds more half-Jock than half-Jap.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:
for dog and ulcer wrote:Angus Gardner is the scheduled referee at Twickenham. Seems to have attracted quite a lot of criticism early in his career. Maybe that is the joy of refereeing? Same nationality as Eddie Jones.
Sounds more half-Jock than half-Jap.
I'd settle for a Jock/Aussie reffing Engerland :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The problem with England while they play an unexciting game they defend well . Few teams run in handful of tries against them ,this results in their ability to be able to win by kicking penalties and waiting for the opposition to make a mistake. And teams make mistakes due to their desire to beat England , and players get isolated .

Because a slam is possible The crowd could well be more Irish than English but England having lost their last two games may be trying to prove something next Saturday, hopefully it will be on an individual basis rather than a team effort ; if so then Ireland are in with a chance .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The unfortunate thing about Saturday was the performance of Carberry when he came on as Sub .

what disappointed me was the fact that he kept taking dead end options .He would look for a gap and then find himself in the position that his only option was to go for it when it no longer existed ,
a kick was out and any pass to a team mate was blocked and he had to take the ball into contact.

In simple terms he failed to control the game and was trying to play an instantaneous game , that sort of game is fine against AiL back rows but can be a disaster at International level .

International outhalfs need to be single minded about what the will do - eg good ball I pass to -- A ,bad ball I either kick or pass to B .

He is no doubt a gifted player but I am not convinced his talents make him an International .

I fear what could happen if Sexton were to be injured early in a game and Carberry had to come on .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:The unfortunate thing about Saturday was the performance of Carberry when he came on as Sub .

what disappointed me was the fact that he kept taking dead end options .He would look for a gap and then find himself in the position that his only option was to go for it when it no longer existed ,
a kick was out and any pass to a team mate was blocked and he had to take the ball into contact.

In simple terms he failed to control the game and was trying to play an instantaneous game , that sort of game is fine against AiL back rows but can be a disaster at International level .

International outhalfs need to be single minded about what the will do - eg good ball I pass to -- A ,bad ball I either kick or pass to B .

He is no doubt a gifted player but I am not convinced his talents make him an International .

I fear what could happen if Sexton were to be injured early in a game and Carberry had to come on .

Carberry was a disaster when he came on

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Russ wrote:
rumncoke wrote:The unfortunate thing about Saturday was the performance of Carberry when he came on as Sub .

Carberry was a disaster when he came on

He certainly needs game time. He has hardly played at all. He still wants to do too much with every ball and is not good at assessing the percentages. Sometimes the safe option is the best, especially when you are sitting on a good lead. He does have natural talent but if he is to be reserve 10 he has to get a decent chance to play. Ringrose looked pretty handy in stepping in to first receiver on a few occasions against Scotland but I don't know if he has a kicking game.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

I thought Ringrose was impressive on Saturday. Credit where due. What sticks in the craw is BOD still harping on about a Stockdale error weeks later whilst turning a blind eye to anything Ringrose does wrong.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Deraless wrote:I thought Ringrose was impressive on Saturday. Credit where due. What sticks in the craw is BOD still harping on about a Stockdale error weeks later whilst turning a blind eye to anything Ringrose does wrong.

BOD/Shaggy/Darce/Fitzgerald, are all part of the Mexican Mafi who just talk up their old Leinster mates and rarely have a good word to say about players from other provinces. I'm sick of litening to the lot of them. Sounds as though Quinlan may be joining the club as an honarary member too - he just awarded Bobbert Kearney MOTM against Scotland, then, on Twitter told anyone who did nor agree with him that they could fook off. No class at all. My opinion of him continues to fall. He is a lousy pundit anyway who just grinds out the hackneyed cliches and never has anything fresh or interesting to say.

I've also noticed with BOD and Fitz - they seem to feel that praising a player seems somehow to detract from their own personal past glory (which in the case of Fitz is non-existent anyway) with the tacit message - yes, he's OK but I was better.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

The best pundit on Irish TV was ROG. Unfortunately now we won't get to hear his insights.

The rest are mostly just provincial fans who happen to be well known. You may as well just have Russ & Baggy on to tell us how useless all the Leinster players are. Or two equivalent individuals from MF to tell us how we'd have a better chance if we had more Munster second raters in the team.

BOD is terrified of Stockdale. Possibly even more terrified than Ireland's opponents. So he has to keep chipping away. Hopefully Stockdale will ignore him. Thing is if Stockdale was from NZ every tool currently trying to do him down would be salivating over his try scoring record. FFS.

Luke is a clown of monumental proportions.

Agreed on Quinlan. He'll always be a legend because he is a Shannon RFC man but his commentary isn't good.

As for MOTM awards - It is a pile of shyte. Ringrose was the best player on the pitch on Saturday, though not without fault entirely. Some tool on MF was saying CJ was the best player on Saturday. In reality he was the 4th best of the backrow which shows the value of a fanboy's opinion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Deraless wrote:Nothing in that shoulder to the head.

Not even a penalty. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good old Liam, eternally stupid. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:The best pundit on Irish TV was ROG. Unfortunately now we won't get to hear his insights.

The rest are mostly just provincial fans who happen to be well known. You may as well just have Russ & Baggy on to tell us how useless all the Leinster players are. Or two equivalent individuals from MF to tell us how we'd have a better chance if we had more Munster second raters in the team.

BOD is terrified of Stockdale. Possibly even more terrified than Ireland's opponents. So he has to keep chipping away. Hopefully Stockdale will ignore him. Thing is if Stockdale was from NZ every tool currently trying to do him down would be salivating over his try scoring record. FFS.

Luke is a clown of monumental proportions.

Agreed on Quinlan. He'll always be a legend because he is a Shannon RFC man but his commentary isn't good.

As for MOTM awards - It is a pile of shyte. Ringrose was the best player on the pitch on Saturday, though not without fault entirely. Some tool on MF was saying CJ was the best player on Saturday. In reality he was the 4th best of the backrow which shows the value of a fanboy's opinion.
Cheeky Turnipbastard, I simply hate Mexicans, find me a few examples of me denigrating the talents of their quality players and I shall resign my commission as Head-Mexican Hater. I, of course, denigrate pantomime Mexican, Gorgeous Bob is simply great craic, but even then had the decency to say he was decent on Saturday, but MOTM my hole, a BIB decision for shitbag Schmidt the Liar's pet player.

I enjoyed mocking the young Australia-Mexican at Spanners last May when he passed into the crowd 4 times. I love a good laugh against Mexicans, sadly because of their talent, it doesn't happen often enough.

Now LOOK, fu'ck off and get your facts right.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Cheeky Turnipbastard, I simply hate Mexicans, find me a few examples of me denigrating the talents of their quality players and I shall resign my commission as Head-Mexican Hater. I, of course, denigrate pantomime Mexican, Gorgeous Bob is simply great craic, but even then had the decency to say he was decent on Saturday, but MOTM my hole, a BIB decision for shitbag Schmidt the Liar's pet player.

I enjoyed mocking the young Australia-Mexican at Spanners last May when he passed into the crowd 4 times. I love a good laugh against Mexicans, sadly because of their talent, it doesn't happen often enough.

Now LOOK, fu'ck off and get your facts right.
:D :D

I never said I don't enjoy the auld Mexican "love-in" going on here. Tis all good for langers like us pontificating and árseacting on forums.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Anyway Bagsniffer - Will be you hoping Joe's boys manage the grand slam or are you supporting England? Gwan now and give me an answer. :D