Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Replacement 10

Post by Tender »

Was the judge listening to Eve Ensler’s Vagina Monologues on her iPod during the defence barristers cross examinations? Or is it just the media badly editing her summing up?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Tender wrote:Was the judge listening to Eve Ensler’s Vagina Monologues on her iPod during the defence barristers cross examinations? Or is it just the media badly editing her summing up?
Rosanna Conney didnt appear to be in court so nobody is reporting verbatim

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
horslips
Initiate

Post by horslips »

Tender.
Frank Greaney was tweeting during her summing up. There were fewer tweets than in recent days and, to my mind, it did seem slanted towards the alleged victim. There again it's impossible to get a proper sense without being there.
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Today when she began there was definite bias in her tone. I know that sounds a bit paranoid! But in the first section her voice was changing between Paddy's evidence and the complainant's. Lo and behold Kelly stands up at the end of the first session and had a major dig at her. Obviously she refuted any bias. After that for the Stu, Blaine and Dara bits she sounded more measured. But Kelly was like a dog with a bone all day. There were bits of his cross-examination she misrepresented. She threw a right strop at that, but he was right. Then there was another sentence which she had deleted in error from the bottom of a page. Instead of the Dara bit ending with something about "aggressive male noises" it now ended with "Just sex noises really."

She pointed out many of the flaws in the police investigation but pointed out that it was not the police on trial. She pointed out the multiple inconsistencies with the complainants story but was keen to point out that inconsistency might be due to trauma and not lies. Nothing incorrect in any of that strictly speaking!

I wonder if again she got stung by criticism of being one sided after Friday. She still hasn't finished so still hasn't made her final direction. I have to say she wasn't very impressive. Just going over things again and again and largely unstructured. I'm sure the jury are royally fed up listening to this.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Deraless wrote:Today when she began there was definite bias in her tone. I know that sounds a bit paranoid! But in the first section her voice was changing between Paddy's evidence and the complainant's. Lo and behold Kelly stands up at the end of the first session and had a major dig at her. Obviously she refuted any bias. After that for the Stu, Blaine and Dara bits she sounded more measured. But Kelly was like a dog with a bone all day. There were bits of his cross-examination she misrepresented. She threw a right strop at that, but he was right. Then there was another sentence which she had deleted in error from the bottom of a page. Instead of the Dara bit ending with something about "aggressive male noises" it now ended with "Just sex noises really."

She pointed out many of the flaws in the police investigation but pointed out that it was not the police on trial. She pointed out the multiple inconsistencies with the complainants story but was keen to point out that inconsistency might be due to trauma and not lies. Nothing incorrect in any of that strictly speaking!

I wonder if again she got stung by criticism of being one sided after Friday. She still hasn't finished so still hasn't made her final direction. I have to say she wasn't very impressive. Just going over things again and again and largely unstructured. I'm sure the jury are royally fed up listening to this.

Was there not a hold up in starting today due to a legal issue, I thought that was very strange start to a day of a judges summing up ?
Todays press seems to be biased towards the complainant though
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

It's amazing how any single report can slant people's views.
https://www.joe.ie/news/judge-tells-bel ... ars-620471

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

jean valjean wrote:It's amazing how any single report can slant people's views.

If that is verbatim what the judge said then it is seriously confusing, almost as if she was confused herself :scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Rooster wrote:
Deraless wrote:Today when she began there was definite bias in her tone. I know that sounds a bit paranoid! But in the first section her voice was changing between Paddy's evidence and the complainant's. Lo and behold Kelly stands up at the end of the first session and had a major dig at her. Obviously she refuted any bias. After that for the Stu, Blaine and Dara bits she sounded more measured. But Kelly was like a dog with a bone all day. There were bits of his cross-examination she misrepresented. She threw a right strop at that, but he was right. Then there was another sentence which she had deleted in error from the bottom of a page. Instead of the Dara bit ending with something about "aggressive male noises" it now ended with "Just sex noises really."

Was there not a hold up in starting today due to a legal issue, I thought that was very strange start to a day of a judges summing up ?
Todays press seems to be biased towards the complainant though
Yes there was a one hour delay. It looked like the defence were getting her to make some changes to her charge after reviewing it over the weekend.

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Rooster wrote:
jean valjean wrote:It's amazing how any single report can slant people's views.

If that is verbatim what the judge said then it is seriously confusing, almost as if she was confused herself :scratch:
It's verbatim of bits that she said!
Yes was all a bit confused and back and forth... you must decide if she's lying and there's been lots of inconsistencies but do they mean she was lying or not blah blah.

Re Dara: "She told police that she was "100% sure" she saw Jackson having sexual intercourse with the complainant"... it was then explained (previously and today) that she had seen only Paddys backside and right hand but nothing else. That has been omitted by Joe but it was almost added in as a wee footnote by the judge rather than highlighted as what I would feel is a fairly vital piece of evidence. That's what I mean about today. It was littered with stuff like that.

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I think with 4 defendants and multiple accounts of what happened, her summing up is bound to be jumping all over the place. Surely the bit about the witness being 100% in interview and PJ saying she was mistaken, was given as an example of the inconsistencies that emerge between interview and trial.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Squeaky bum time.
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Extra G4S court security officials being brought in from all over the province.
Apparently the NICTS are extremely worried that all the middle class totty watching from
the public gallery might attempt hare kare if any or all of the chaps are convicted.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Those G4S lads are tough. Trained by Ex SBS Slogan and allegedly can tackle a Bap’n’Two without even a sip of tea to choke it down.
I think we’ll be killing the fatted calf today.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I met this girl in Ollies last night and, as she was leading me away, she said, "I have something to show you, my knickers match my socks."

She wasn't wearing any socks. Stupid cow.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

The wabs are worried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk