Who will decide

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Who will decide

Post by Russ »

FOIT
Time to boycott the papers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Andy_in_France
Novice

Post by Andy_in_France »

This is the mother of all witch hunts and it seems that some will not let it die until they have their pound of flesh. If there is anger and venim directed at Ulster Rugby BEFORE any decision is announced, I struggle to imagine what it will be like if the decision is made to let PJ and SO play again. This is a long long way from being over.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Just 'unsubscribed 'Off the Ball' and the IT.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Just read that list and know 7 of the actual people involved and responses as expected, no comment actually means "for fecks sake give over, they were not guilty" and that includes 2 females views.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Some of us previously mentioned sponsorship pressure already being expressed a few weeks back now that is at least being seen more publically. Some of it is keeping themselves right some is out of genuine concern that the IRFU may not have robust systems in place for off the field displinary matters.

Be under no illusion that sponsors aren’t queuing up to sign UR up for the sums of money we previously experienced and also bear in mind with no BBC coverage coming and a possibility of second division European rugby also coming some sponsors are positioning themselves for either getting out anyhow or reducing their financial support with this now a somewhat convenient excuse.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Look relax. the press are doing what the press do. They are agitating trying to make as much controversy as possible to sell papers. Ignore them they are parasites.
Sponsors are all employers too and know the realities of employment law.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Columbo wrote:
Deraless wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:It all hinges on how tight and well written their contracts and Code of Conduct are. If there is a clear breach that amounts to gross misconduct, they can be fired and KRW Law can do little to help them.
If there is a clear breach of contract then it would be black and white and they'd already be gone surely? Their contracts can't be that long that it takes the IRFU solicitors a week minimum to find the killer clause! Probably months in reality.

I think most of us reasonable folk would say that if such a clause exists then they have no excuses and everyone would abide by it. What will pìss me off would be off-loading them based on who shouts the loudest. That's what KRW are for.

it will be the disrepute clause - so not quite black and white (in the sense that while it can obviously be invoked in this case, sanctions still have to proportionate). That’s why I’ve always said imo the players can’t be ‘forced out’ unilaterally against their will.

IMO the long delay is due to either the IRFU putting in place PR strategy having decided the players can stay (as well as making sure there were no more nasties after the embargo was lifted) - or negotiating terms to terminate contract by mutual agreement
Any disciplinary action will indeed have to be proportionate and it will also likely take account of any previous disciplinary action or behaviour. So as long as no one has done anything previously that has brought them unnecessarily to the attention of the employers ie in the form of previous warning no one should have much if anything to fear..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Are they employees or contractors ?

Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

Russ wrote:Are they employees or contractors ?

I’d imagine employees on fixed-term contracts
..one more thing
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

[
Last edited by Snipe Watson on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

IF Ulster/or the IRFU pay the National Insurance etc for them then I would consider them to be employees.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Stephan Nolan talking about this (BOI) now
Andy_in_France
Novice

Post by Andy_in_France »

Big-al wrote:Stephan Nolan talking about this (BOI) now
No doubt he will bring a voice of reason to the whole affair!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:
Columbo wrote:
Deraless wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:It all hinges on how tight and well written their contracts and Code of Conduct are. If there is a clear breach that amounts to gross misconduct, they can be fired and KRW Law can do little to help them.
If there is a clear breach of contract then it would be black and white and they'd already be gone surely? Their contracts can't be that long that it takes the IRFU solicitors a week minimum to find the killer clause! Probably months in reality.

I think most of us reasonable folk would say that if such a clause exists then they have no excuses and everyone would abide by it. What will pìss me off would be off-loading them based on who shouts the loudest. That's what KRW are for.

it will be the disrepute clause - so not quite black and white (in the sense that while it can obviously be invoked in this case, sanctions still have to proportionate). That’s why I’ve always said imo the players can’t be ‘forced out’ unilaterally against their will.

IMO the long delay is due to either the IRFU putting in place PR strategy having decided the players can stay (as well as making sure there were no more nasties after the embargo was lifted) - or negotiating terms to terminate contract by mutual agreement
Any disciplinary action will indeed have to be proportionate and it will also likely take account of any previous disciplinary action or behaviour. So as long as no one has done anything previously that has brought them unnecessarily to the attention of the employers ie in the form of previous warning no one should have much if anything to fear..
Any previous disciplinary actions are only on an employee's record for a specific period of time. If for example Paddy was given a warning over the blacking up photo. That warning would have been removed from his record long ago. I don't think there is a statutory limit on a warning, but it will be stated on the disciplinary procedure statement. I would presume the timeframes are within normal range. I've never seen a warning period longer than two years.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote: I've never seen a warning period longer than two years.
Yours have all expired then Snipe? :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall