Glasgow Match - Going or Not - POLL

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Will you be going to Ulster v Glasgow Sat 21st @ Ravenhill

Poll ended at Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:48 am

Yes, wild horses wouldn't drag me away
25%
No way. UR has been run into the ground and I just can;t do it.
75%

Total votes: 76

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Re: Glasgow Match - Going or Not - POLL

Post by stickinout »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
BR wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:
Our one and only protest was an empty stadium tonight. I repeat, one and only.
How'd that work out for you?
Oh so Smarmy. I saw Peter Jackson standing there proudly, now there’s a man of principle
I thought I saw him on telly, fair play to him.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
BR wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:
Our one and only protest was an empty stadium tonight. I repeat, one and only.
How'd that work out for you?
Oh so Smarmy. I saw Peter Jackson standing there proudly, now there’s a man of principle
I thought I saw him on telly, fair play to him.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

big mervyn wrote:
jean valjean wrote:So when is the spreys play off likely to be? Need to set up a going / not going thread.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
If Leinster/Munster win the SDC and Pau can get into the Top14 top 6 we may not need one.
In that case it will not be until all the finals and leagues are finished?

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

jean valjean wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
jean valjean wrote:So when is the spreys play off likely to be? Need to set up a going / not going thread.

If Leinster/Munster win the SDC and Pau can get into the Top14 top 6 we may not need one.
In that case it will not be until all the finals and leagues are finished?

Would have to be after the SDC final although if Munster win today it could be played after May 5.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
damianmcr wrote:
Tender wrote:Was there a protest? Was there feck. Was the crowd bigger than last week? Was it feck.

I have all of this season’s games recorded and the huge gaps in evidence tonight, have not been equalled all season. Loved the BBC’s low angled crowd scenes in a futile attempt to hide the clearly visible crash barriers. I think I could pick out a group of two couples having a picnic on the prom and those kids playing with the frisbee in Shane Logan’s Mem Stand could have had someone’s eye out.
I’m proud of those who did the right thing and stayed away in such numbers. Our Wee poll was broadly representative of what unfolded.
FOSL
Eventsec removed jerseys and banners.
The fückers didn’t remove mine, I’d have done time for the båstard who tried. I attached it nowhere, raised it at appropriate times and on my way out gave it into the ticket office along with my season ticket for Slogan. All utterly futile of course. Those of you thinking the crowd was any different than a normal game are kidding yourself and Rory got what he and the team wanted, the fans to stick with the team.

Everything confirmed what I’ve always known, we are small in number, as indeed are URSC. Here we can’t agree on how best to attack the curse of Slogan so what message gets out from a gang of serial whingers? None, none whatsoever, it was what the enemy expected, business as usual.

I also had it confirmed by a second source, who is unimpeachable, that it’s not just Slogan lies, the entire FIRFU lies, there was no review for the boys in Dublin. They walked in sat down and Spring simply said “there will be a press release on Saturday morning at 11am announcing that your contracts have been cancelled. We will pay up your contracts but you if fight this in the courts the offer will be withdrawn and we have more money for a legal fight.” With that he picked up his papers and walked out.

There was no review, there was just an execution, 12 million from Bank of Ireland or 2 players and Nordies at that. Nothing to discuss.

Money not morals

Oh yeah, and Terry Slogan is an utter liar, he had at most an incredibly minor part in the whole episode, this was the FIRFU Head Office dictating to a mere sub-office. It went as Slogan wanted, but that is tangential and more or less irrelevant, money decides, sure it’s the way of the world, thinking anything else is moronic.
Would the lads not just get the conclusion of the review? I wouldn't have imagined they would've played any big part in it. Though you would think a review would lead to a few questions to the lads to clear up any confusion....

Mind you, It wouldn't surprise me if there was no review
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

From my point of view there was no evidence of any protest or supporters staying away from the ground. It was a good game played in a good atmosphere and a fitting tribute to Marshall and Bowe. Suftum.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

stickinout wrote:
BR wrote:
stickinout wrote:
BR wrote:
stickinout wrote:

I thought the stands looked more empty than the Ospreys match.
Can't speak for the corporate, but the others were just as full, and the terrace was much more crowded.

Wonder how many freebies were given out?
I siht you not, there was a Dublin registered bus load of Leinster men (complete with Leinster hoodies, etc) dropping off on Mt Merrion when I was going in.
"Who are we supporting?" says one.
"Tommy Bowe," says his mate.

Did they have Leinster accents? Could they have been from tommys home town, monaghan? I saw a gaa banner for him at the game.
Did sound 'pure Dub', but there were a few Leinster hoodies. And they referred to the Leinster v Scarlets match in terms of 'us and them'.

They had 'proper' tickets and looked like they hadn't been to Ravenhill before.

Now they may have been a group from the further reaches of Cavan, with a few folk along who were traditionaly from Leinster. But I thought the 'Who are we supporting?' comment was interesting.
Last edited by BR on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Most of the dissenting fans stayed away. They filled the stadium with clueless freebie fans. I am resigned to the fact that Logan is going nowhere. I will despise him and the FIRFU to my dying day.

Jonno is finally adding some steal to this team. Andy Farrell has improved the defence. It would be nice if the FIRFU would stop giving away our players.

Logan out.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:Most of the dissenting fans stayed away. They filled the stadium with clueless freebie fans. I am resigned to the fact that Logan is going nowhere. I will despise him and the FIRFU to my dying day.

Jonno is finally adding some steal to this team. Andy Farrell has improved the defence. It would be nice if the FIRFU would stop giving away our players.

Logan out.
The clueless fans standing around me seemed to have a fairly good grasp of the game.
I got the impression there were still plenty of proper supporters perhaps with diverse views on the PJ/SO affair, who don't really care who Shane Logan is, but want to watch some level of pro-rugby and would prefer it to be in the not-the-Heineken Cup.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Total rubbish Dave. The attendance was over 16000 and where we were as we moved around the ground there were the usual great supporters and I estimate that almost 100% were wearing ulster colours and certainly were not blow ins blow. The support was tremendous as was the game. I have been a season ticket holder for nearly 20 years and I can honestly say it was one of the best games I have seen in years. I have the same view as many about Logan but protest as much as you want but it is not going to change things as far as he is concerned.
How many protestors are going to miss the play off if there is one? Very few I imagine and everyone around me is renewing their seasons tickets as they simply are totally loyal to the team.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Did somebody say the play-off was a freebie for ST holders or I did Imagine that?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

In fairness it wasn't the evening to wear short sleeve Ulster shirts. Never seen so few on the terrace.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Watching on TV there seemed to be a lot of empty seats in the stands and not too many Ulster shirts being worn. Not sure if this was down to protests or just lots of freebie tickets being given out.

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

I don't know what game 'Dave' was at as I was in my usual spot surrounded by all the same punters and saw no evidence of any "blow ins"?? Plenty in the large crowd adorned the Ulster colours and the shop/food outlets and bars were doing a roaring trade. Absolutely no hint of any protest at the game and the match itself was excellent as was the atmosphere. Perhaps like most season ticket holding supporters I am sick and tired of the social media crap and just want to watch my rugby team do the business on the pitch.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cracker wrote:Total rubbish Dave.
WTF?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?