Standup for the basketcases

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

davejohnston
Initiate

Standup for the basketcases

Post by davejohnston »

Following in from Conney last week it’s nice to see Stockdale not afraid to defend his own. BoD and Darcy are asses, but collectively they have helped galvanise players and supporters.
So I think the comments are pretty unfair - in terms of within the club and in terms of the players there is absolutely no split.

"To be honest, everything that has gone on outside of Ulster Rugby and the stuff that you can't control has almost galvanised us.

"We have pulled out performance on top of performance and we have started actually playing some really good rugby."
Course the reality is we are in a bit of a mess, but like your own family it’s ok for you to complain about your relatives, but no one else should! Interesting to see another article in the BBC where Logan gets called out
He said the barring of news journalists from the press conferences was "a truly bizarre approach".
And he pointed to "another unusual feature" around the "lack of visibility" from senior figures to answer "clearly legitimate questions" around the culture of the club.
The PR consultants also believe banning news journalists from press conferences was a mistake, not helped by the low profile of Ulster Rugby chief executive Shane Logan, dubbed "the invisible man" by supporters.
austintranslation
Novice

Re: Standup for the basketcases

Post by austintranslation »

Think the band could learn how to play Basket Case by Green Day before the playoff v Ospreys?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Some interesting material on the Twitter feeds of Eamon Mallie and Ian Parsley, among others. There is growing discontent about the apparent disconcolence of the management citing the huge public investment that has gone into Ravenspan. Could Logan's biggest achievement be his downfall?

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ColinM wrote:Some interesting material on the Twitter feeds of Eamon Mallie and Ian Parsley, among others. There is growing discontent about the apparent disconcolence of the management citing the huge public investment that has gone into Ravenspan. Could Logan's biggest achievement be his downfall?

Logan's biggest achievement has been blagging his way through the last 8 years.

If he did deliver the stadium, why did he deliver it without sufficient legroom for anyone over 6ft?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Snipe Watson wrote:
ColinM wrote:Some interesting material on the Twitter feeds of Eamon Mallie and Ian Parsley, among others. There is growing discontent about the apparent disconcolence of the management citing the huge public investment that has gone into Ravenspan. Could Logan's biggest achievement be his downfall?

If he did deliver the stadium, why did he deliver it without sufficient legroom for anyone over 6ft?
8 years = £1 million in his Bank of Ireland account..... fair play
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

austintranslation wrote:Think the band could learn how to play Basket Case by Green Day before the playoff v Ospreys?

Good Call, maybe the Q-chube could give it a blast before the match and dedicate it to "that BTSport Ballix".

#Istandupwiththebasketcases

Well, I did...................... but I donated my shirt & ST to Terry Slogan after the Weegies match.

#notcomingbackuntilTerrySlogangoes.

Hearing Slogan will be gone by next season. >happyparty >happyparty >happyparty >dance >dance >dance >yahoo >yahoo >yahoo :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: >drinks >drinks >drinks
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

austintranslation wrote:Think the band could learn how to play Basket Case by Green Day before the playoff v Ospreys?

Would be good but the lyrics about a lack of sex and going to a wh*'re may not pass the culture and ethos test!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

jean valjean wrote:

Would be good but the lyrics about a lack of sex and going to a wh*'re may not pass the culture and ethos test!

That's what is wrong with the country in general, in fact most of the world in general now, too many people are too easily annoyed and the majority now bow down to the minority complaints. By that I don't say that blatant racism is fine but a bit of friendly slagging between two friends of different race is fine in my eyes same as a bit of friendly slagging between friends of different religion. In fact these days some of the stick we give Shan and he gives back in return would be frowned upon yet at the same time neither him or us have any complaints and take it as it is meant to be, a friendly bit of banter.
Anyone who gets all worked up about the lyrics of a song is a very narrow minded arsehole indeed :stout: :cowboy: :party:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:
jean valjean wrote:

That's what is wrong with the country in general, in fact most of the world in general now, too many people are too easily annoyed and the majority now bow down to the minority complaints. By that I don't say that blatant racism is fine but a bit of friendly slagging between two friends of different race is fine in my eyes same as a bit of friendly slagging between friends of different religion. In fact these days some of the stick we give Shan and he gives back in return would be frowned upon yet at the same time neither him or us have any complaints and take it as it is meant to be, a friendly bit of banter.
Anyone who gets all worked up about the lyrics of a song is a very narrow minded arsehole indeed :stout: :cowboy: :party:
Delilah is controversial these days.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Good Call, maybe the Q-chube could give it a blast before the match and dedicate it to "that BTSport Ballix".

#Istandupwiththebasketcases

Well, I did...................... but I donated my shirt & ST to Terry Slogan after the Weegies match.

#notcomingbackuntilTerrySlogangoes.

Hearing Slogan will be gone by next season. >happyparty >happyparty >happyparty >dance >dance >dance >yahoo >yahoo >yahoo :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: >drinks >drinks >drinks
Can't wait to see how they attempt to dress it up.... anyway someone with his huge business experience i.e. Head of Coca-Cola and Managing Director of BP (no mention of the Yates Group or Youth Justice) will not be long out of a job plus there is always a market in today's world for someone with his military experience (12weeks regular army goes a long way)
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote: Anyone who gets all worked up about the lyrics of a song is a very narrow minded arsehole indeed :stout: :cowboy: :party:
Agreed - Meat Hook Sodomy by Cannibal Corpse could suit if you want yer team to tear the opposition apart. :D :D
Butchery my meat hooks sharpened to penetrate
Emasculate, gouging crotches I will eat
Hung upside down, holes punctured through half chewed
Gristle, debauchery with dead bodies, turning green
Upheaveal of human entrails
Deterioration of grated genitals, dangling from the hooks
Obscene feelings deep inside me
Dislocating, separating a blood
Drenched body
Begin the anal grounting
Awaiting insertion, to rip out intestine
Bodily destruction
Vulgar molestation
Treachery never ending soul ripping
Lifeless Bodies not, petrified
Cloggins veins
Presure building
Scabbing clotted sores dehydrate
Condemned to life of obscurity
Dismal dimensions of my being, I explore my thoughts through murder
Devoting my life to mutilation
Screams of blood saturate, grubs feed on dilapidated
Stumps, darkness overshadowing the killing
Eyes now dialate
Bodies disintegrate
Razor sharp hooks implanted in your rectum
Splitting bodies, spilling guts on the ground
Sodomizing living beings with my utensils
Stabbing on your life stripped of all your skin
Disgusting to the world
Beauty to my eyes
The body lying naked, discharging my infection
Invigorating while I kill, intoxicating
Invoking suffering on human beings
Grinding orifices my only therapy
Sculpting gore
Muscle tissue
Reshaping
Mounds of flesh, deformation
Skulls of victims stacked like trophies
Bleeding from your Brennan sudden blood ejection
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Snipe Watson wrote:

I'm over 6'. I have plenty of leg room ;)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

And I thought Shan was a Daniel O'Donnell fan. :D
Maybe it was Daniel O' Connell?
Last edited by for dog and ulcer on Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
Rooster wrote:
jean valjean wrote:

Delilah is controversial these days.
I rest my case :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

jean valjean wrote:

I put it on my wedding playlist.

I had a premonition.