New Coach

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: New Coach

Post by damianmcr »

jackthelad wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Everybody step back from the rabbit hole.
We don't want to fall in. It's too painful.
Think of the childer.
Is that the vibrator rabbit?
Good to see at your age Jack you're keeping up to date with the kids.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Snipe Watson wrote:Everybody step back from the rabbit hole.
We don't want to fall in. It's too painful.
Think of the childer.
These words should have been written on a piece of foolscap, laminated and then blu-tacked to the locker door of one Patrick Jackson approximately 3 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

New Coach

Post by nonplussed »

I’m gonna put my money on Buzz. I assume there’ll be a ‘no fishing trips’ clause in his contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

This 42.ie article sounds pretty positive- it definitely doesn't sound like Friend and seems to be emphasising someone in a coaching position but with an opt-out.

http://www.the42.ie/ulster-head-coach-s ... 4-Apr2018/

Fingers crossed but I have no great expectations..
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Wessel soon hear who it is.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

Tana “do you Wanna” Umaga. :cowboy:
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

When it's announced wessel a lot of season tickets.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

You lot talk some amount of schmidt
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

I'd love it if it was Lancaster.

1. He's a really good coach
2. The Mexicans would absolutely hate it.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

More chance of Burt Lancaster than Stuart Lancaster.
“From Eternity to here”
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Could possibly be Lancaster
Ulster have been interviewing candidates to replace Gibbes in recent weeks and Cunningham says the province have now secured their next head coach.

“We have the coach lined up, signed and agreed, our number one candidate, so we’re obviously very happy within Ulster and the IRFU,” said Cunningham after Ulster’s 24-24 draw with Munster saw them miss out on the Pro14 play-offs.

“Unfortunately, we’ll not be in a position to announce that for potentially another few weeks. As a group, we’re obviously happy that that’s been put to bed because it was a big thing for us.
No excuses now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43942096

BBC talking about Moore/Mallinder. >flog
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Big-al wrote:Could possibly be Lancaster
Ulster have been interviewing candidates to replace Gibbes in recent weeks and Cunningham says the province have now secured their next head coach.

“We have the coach lined up, signed and agreed, our number one candidate, so we’re obviously very happy within Ulster and the IRFU,” said Cunningham after Ulster’s 24-24 draw with Munster saw them miss out on the Pro14 play-offs.

“Unfortunately, we’ll not be in a position to announce that for potentially another few weeks. As a group, we’re obviously happy that that’s been put to bed because it was a big thing for us.
No excuses now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43942096

BBC talking about Moore/Mallinder. >flog
The FIRFU would not be happy if Lanacster left their beloved Leinster.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Dharper wrote:Why would Lancaster move? He’s already in effect a head coach with Cullen in effect DOR at Leinster. He probably has access to the best academy in Europe, and if he stays for next 2/3 yrs nigh on nailed on Euro cup / league shot in place.

Only real selling point would be u r the main man, with BC dealing with all the off field stuff so he could sort out the coaching.....can’t see it at the moment.
Lancaster would be a stunning result IMO - it would also explain the sensitivity around the announcement, and also could well smooth the way for Carbery and whoever else the IRFU might try to ship us (the game yesterday spelled out once more just how dire our need is of decent back rows and 9s)

As for why he’d come - bear in mind rugby coaches aren’t your typical work colleague who clocks in and out and lives for the weekend (actually describing myself there), they’re usually intensely competitive former professional athletes, with deep wells of self-belief (even if often misguided), and the rewards for success are usually highly significant (financially but also in terms of the ‘glory’, just think of the wall to wall adulation that Schmidt receives for example). So I think all this talk about Ulster being a basket-case and stuff, while it resonates with us fans, is absolutely not how a potential head coach sees us - they’ll be seeing firstly good infrastructure, a decent paycheque (for starters) from the IRFU, and if what Bryn has been hinting at is true, some quality reinforcements for the squad - and secondly a big challenge with commensurately big rewards for succeeding..
..one more thing
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Look, we’re all psychologically damaged, blue card carrying basket cases. We all travelled to school on the Custard Bus, licking the windies clean all the way there. It’s the PTSD which we suffered as a result of The Armed Struggle and the consequences of decades of neglect and underfunding of the Health Service and other infrastructures in the six counties.
It’s a wonder more of us poor feckers haven’t jumped into the Lagan with our huge medical histories tied around our necks. The only Nordiefeckers who ever achieved anything have simply lied on their CV’s and they’re actually as mental as the rest of us.
Any outsider paying the least bit of attention can see what a state we’re in.
We need help now, if only fer the sake of the childur and the future generations.
We need Lancaster and his bombers. We need Aaron Smith and Christian Leafyfanny. We need an instant cure for Ulster Knee Syndrome.
For the love of Chris Akabusi won’t someone help us?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Just can’t see him leaving Leinster yet, just as the pay off will come into play with that playing squad. That said the head job at UR is a hell of a challenge, and he’d be a class signing.

For me - more likely to be Davidson. Great playing pedigree.
Former head coach, forwards coach, ex Ulster, still young. Someone who would potentially hang around for a 5yr project. Someone who could build/understand the psyche of a new Ulster Rugby culture.
The challenge of going back to UR and building a legacy, and becoming a legend. For me a lot of what BC has said was about UR losing it’s Id/history....hints at a nordi head coach.
Fact it isn’t announced means it’s not McLaughlin. McCall just signed a contract and is a DOR not a head coach, won’t be humphries.