Marcell Coetzee

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: Marcell Coetzee

Post by Big-al »

Marcell makes Van Der Flier look like a small boy!!!!

What a brute of a man.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Big-al wrote:Marcell makes Van Der Flier look like a small boy!!!!

What a brute of a man.
Ironically, Marcell himself was a much better player about 4-5 seasons ago, before he bulked up, and was a more traditional, fast, athletic flanker for the Boks. He was world class at the time. His game (and injury profile) has changed entirely. Bigger is not always better.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Spiffsson wrote:

What a brute of a man.
Ironically, Marcell himself was a much better player about 4-5 seasons ago, before he bulked up, and was a more traditional, fast, athletic flanker for the Boks. He was world class at the time. His game (and injury profile) has changed entirely. Bigger is not always better.
The sean obrien conundrum

Mccaw never bulked

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

He looked impressive enough whenever he played for Ulster, barely played in 2 years though.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Russ wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:

What a brute of a man.
The sean obrien conundrum

Mccaw never bulked

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Stevie Ferris

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

The guys who turn themselves into monsters always break and often as not it's joint issues. Too much muscle mass and power for the joints and supporting structures.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Treaders sees all this Snipe and both he and Rodders have turned themselves into blancmange to decrease the risk of damaging anything. Wise men.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I’ve had blancmange which was harder to get through than Rodders.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Tender wrote:I’ve had blancmange which was harder to get through than Rodders.
You can run through a blancmange. Try and run through Rodders and you'll never see the light of day again
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Unless you're raw chicken ... that'll run right through even Rodders.....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote:Treaders sees all this Snipe and both he and Rodders have turned themselves into blancmange to decrease the risk of damaging anything. Wise men.
They must read The Times as well then.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Snipe Watson wrote:The guys who turn themselves into monsters always break and often as not it's joint issues. Too much muscle mass and power for the joints and supporting structures.
It was interestig

It was interesting to hear the Leinster coaches talk about how Robbie Henshaw had actually "de-bulked" during his recent long rehab period and is recording his best ever fitness and speed stats. He certainly looked leaner and sharper and performed the better for it in his first game back in the Champions Cup semi final. He's still a big bloke anyway. I am hoping his mate Ringrose can maintain his current fighting weight too - he's slim but powerful enough and will not gain from becoming a plodder.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Spiffsson wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:The guys who turn themselves into monsters always break and often as not it's joint issues. Too much muscle mass and power for the joints and supporting structures.
It was interestig

It was interesting to hear the Leinster coaches talk about how Robbie Henshaw had actually "de-bulked" during his recent long rehab period and is recording his best ever fitness and speed stats. He certainly looked leaner and sharper and performed the better for it in his first game back in the Champions Cup semi final. He's still a big bloke anyway. I am hoping his mate Ringrose can maintain his current fighting weight too - he's slim but powerful enough and will not gain from becoming a plodder.
Most of Leinsters injury prone players have debulked. Healy, and pretty Rob being the 2 most obvious ones. They are following the all black format of leaner, quicker forwards to get around the pitch to hit rucks. I'd say toner had dropped a few kilos this year as well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Toner took off a few inches in height as well.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

jean valjean wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:
It was interestig

Most of Leinsters injury prone players have debulked. Healy, and pretty Rob being the 2 most obvious ones. They are following the all black format of leaner, quicker forwards to get around the pitch to hit rucks. I'd say toner had dropped a few kilos this year as well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Healy was on the decline, his ankles were giving him no end of trouble and he had them heavily strapped when he played. He trims down and ankles seem to be OK again. No heavy ankle support in sight.