Ulster Squad 2018/19

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by Dave »

Shan and p are both dung. We deserve better.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

Rooster wrote:
therealspratt wrote:I don't see Shanahan lasting much longer with us. Christ it's remarkable he's gotten this far already.
It is considering that he was earmarked for going not long ago, think p retiring a year early gave him another chance, I really despair that he is now promoted to our second choice 9 and if Cooney has to start at 10 is our first choice
Cooney won't play the first few games of next season after touring Aus, so Shanners most likely first choice til the week before the SDC in October.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

kUD wrote:
Rooster wrote:
therealspratt wrote:I don't see Shanahan lasting much longer with us. Christ it's remarkable he's gotten this far already.
It is considering that he was earmarked for going not long ago, think p retiring a year early gave him another chance, I really despair that he is now promoted to our second choice 9 and if Cooney has to start at 10 is our first choice
Cooney won't play the first few games of next season after touring Aus, so Shanners most likely first choice til the week before the SDC in October.

Lovely, gives McPhilips a real chance then as well, anyone get the feeling next season will be another survival session ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

Rooster wrote:Lovely, gives McPhilips a real chance then as well, anyone get the feeling next season will be another survival session ?
You mean Keatley?.....oh and no coach til January. What could go wrong...

therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Hoping Curtis Jr quickly jumps ahead of Shanahan next season, Stewart should as well though I don't think that much of him.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

if Curtis the Younger is as handy as Curtis the (only just) elder looks I'd be game for that. I could imagine Curtis the elder having a breakout season come the end of next year the way our centre stocks are rapidly depleting.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Loki wrote:if Curtis the Younger is as handy as Curtis the (only just) elder looks I'd be game for that. I could imagine Curtis the elder having a breakout season come the end of next year the way our centre stocks are rapidly depleting.
Well prior to his making his way to Ireland Jr was meant to have been the greater talent.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Dave wrote: We deserve better.

We the fans deserve better. UR the organisation.....hmmm
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

therealspratt wrote:
Loki wrote:if Curtis the Younger is as handy as Curtis the (only just) elder looks I'd be game for that. I could imagine Curtis the elder having a breakout season come the end of next year the way our centre stocks are rapidly depleting.
Well prior to his making his way to Ireland Jr was meant to have been the greater talent.
Graham is supposed to have a great tactical kicking game for someone of his age.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

Snipe Watson wrote:Cairns hasn't really had enough exposure for supporters to make a call. Those who see him week in week out should know more than us.
I wouldn't say I have seen him week in week out, but I saw a fair bit of him at Hinch the last few years - at that level (and a couple of those years Hinch were in 1A - so a pretty good level) he stood out as an athlete, extremely strong and fast, and aggressive. In fact more than once I heard opposition coaches ask fans what his name was! However, sometimes his game management would let him down - and I believe that there was a strong school of thought that preferred McIlroy for game management any day of the week (and indeed when McIlroy was available from time to time he would tend to start at 9 and Cairns would shift to the wing).

So probably not quite up to the grade for Ulster - although, is Shanahan? I would like to have seen how he would have got on if he had been picked up by the academy when he was 19 - rather than 24 or whatever it was..
..one more thing
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

Rooster wrote:
So did Small Paul go of his own accord? I thought he hadn’t been offered a new contract.
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Someone saying elsewhere that there's good news on the way regarding a coach.

Anyone heard anything?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Best news I’ve heard is wee Joey going to Munster. Dodged a bullet.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

So which one of Munster's 4 other 10s will be persuaded to head north then?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Neill_M wrote:So which one of Munster's 4 other 10s will be persuaded to head north then?
Probably Keatley. :banghead: