Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Replacement 10

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:
Dave wrote:
Dublin4 wrote:The logical outcome of Carberry moving to Munster is that Munster have to now offload at least one of their existing stock of outhalves. I would save it's inevitable. They can't, surely, have five 10s in turnipland?
Keatley is the obvious transferee to Ulster.
Carberry gets to play with the first choice international scrum half on a regular basis and let's face it, there is a lot of comfort playing with a class partner like Murray.
Keatley could be persuaded to go to you on the basis that he will be regular first choice for Ulster and might rebuild his position as third 10 and go to the RWC 2019.
Like everyone else they see Carberry as a fullback. He's replacing Zebo.
He’s back-up for Mike Haley.
Agreed
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dublin4 wrote:The logical outcome of Carberry moving to Munster is that Munster have to now offload at least one of their existing stock of outhalves. I would save it's inevitable. They can't, surely, have five 10s in turnipland?
Carberry gets to play with the first choice international scrum half on a regular basis and let's face it, there is a lot of comfort playing with a class partner like Murray.
Keatley could be persuaded to go to you on the basis that he will be regular first choice for Ulster and might rebuild his position as third 10 and go to the RWC 2019.

Not good enough, there is no 10 at Munster I would want near the Ulster team, better to stick with bringing through McPhillips and Lowry, Hume & Curtis.

There is a considerably more pressing need for a decent back up to Cooney at 9, given Cooney may well be moving up the Irish pecking order. Shanners, I'm sorry to say is not the answer, needs to feck off into the night, Curtis Junior? Not seen much of him, 40 minutes for Malone at Armagh. I just wonder will Stewart step up or will the new skills coach seek out young O'Donnell. Will the new head coach seek to play Cave to educate the nippers - who else is remotely qualified?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Interesting that a Dub can't spell Carbery correctly, with one r. :roll:
Me thinks you may be a fraud..........
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

I see that the Company that runs Thomond Park has posted a loss of €774k after depreciation. Looks like IRFU will have to continue feeding cash into Munster Rugby. It's interesting that they can fund an additional number 10.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Our new 10 is playing for SA on channel 4 right now.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dave wrote:Our new 10 is playing for SA on channel 4 right now.
Quade CooperImage
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Neill_M wrote:
Quade CooperImage
He's more channel 5
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dave wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Quade CooperImage
He's more channel 5
Based on that 1st half, Elton John could be a shout at 10.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Has anyone considered the possibility that none of the current Munster out halfs would want to move North?

Cos that idea worked really well with the Leinster players recently didn't it like?

Just another FIRFU shambles concerning Ulster which makes the sacking of Paddy look even more ridiculous.

No sympathy for them, it's their balls up - let them come under pressure to fix it.

Pity there isn't anyone to put them under that pressure too .

One.big.fat.mess.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Not good enough, there is no 10 at Munster I would want near the Ulster team, better to stick with bringing through McPhillips and Lowry, Hume & Curtis.

There is a considerably more pressing need for a decent back up to Cooney at 9, given Cooney may well be moving up the Irish pecking order. Shanners, I'm sorry to say is not the answer, needs to feck off into the night, Curtis Junior? Not seen much of him, 40 minutes for Malone at Armagh. I just wonder will Stewart step up or will the new skills coach seek out young O'Donnell. Will the new head coach seek to play Cave to educate the nippers - who else is remotely qualified?
Baggy I have read elsewhere that O'Donnell is rejoining the sub academy next year along with Callum Reid and Joe Finnegan, which if true sounds very promising for next season, especially given the incoming skills coach.. Totally agree with sticking with the 10's we have ..
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I read that too stu. Boards?
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

damianmcr wrote:I read that too stu. Boards?
Planet Rugby forum -the Irish rugby thread. Hopefully there is something to it, Reid has moved to Banbridge I think , maybe having a year out and seeing how Tom O'Toole has got on may have encouraged him a bit.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lele is off to Japan
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

Silverstu wrote:Baggy I have read elsewhere that O'Donnell is rejoining the sub academy next year along with Callum Reid and Joe Finnegan, which if true sounds very promising for next season, especially given the incoming skills coach.. Totally agree with sticking with the 10's we have ..
Interesting - what position is Finnegan?

Did ROD get much gametime for Hinch last year? I didn't see that much of them, but just saw him for about 15 minutes against Bann (he looked very lively, but tiny - maybe he was given a year to put a bit of size on?)
..one more thing
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Finnegan is a tremendously athletic fullback/winger big boot too.

ROD didn't get many starts for Hinch and didn't get all that many bench spots either, not sure what the story is there.