Ireland 7s

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Ireland 7s

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Men have FAILED AGAIN to get into the World Series , beaten by Japan, Japan of all teams, that powerhouse of rugby. The money and resources used in to this experiment is ridiculous, time for Anthony Eddy to get the boot, he fecked up Australia 7s programme, he fecked up Worcester, I know he is Nuckifuckwits mate, but time to cal it a day . women are not much better and the insistence of mad Eddy to waste money on players who pop back to GAA when it suits and have a pile of unfit uninspiring women representing their country is not acceptable, it’s not for the men so why is it for the women, maybe threats of the feminist in the ranks hold the power.

Sevens programme is a waste of money and resources .
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ireland 7s

Post by BR »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Men have FAILED AGAIN to get into the World Series , beaten by Japan, Japan of all teams, that powerhouse of rugby. The money and resources used in to this experiment is ridiculous, time for Anthony Eddy to get the boot, he fecked up Australia 7s programme, he fecked up Worcester, I know he is Nuckifuckwits mate, but time to cal it a day . women are not much better and the insistence of mad Eddy to waste money on players who pop back to GAA when it suits and have a pile of unfit uninspiring women representing their country is not acceptable, it’s not for the men so why is it for the women, maybe threats of the feminist in the ranks hold the power.

Sevens programme is a waste of money and resources .
What is this Sevens of which you speak and why is it being mentioned on a rugby forum?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

#NotMyCountryfuckrightoffFIRFUCs
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Ireland have made the semi-finals of the London Sevens. Beat USA 22-12 in the quarter-final. First time an invited side have made the semi-finals of any World Series Sevens event. They play Fiji later this afternoon.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Jordan Conroy treble. Beat England 21 19 to finish third. :D

Fiji beat S.Africa in final.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR's question remains apposite. Typical of you Paddybastards to jump on anything that smells remotely of success. 3rd is Irish for success.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Been a while since I watched 7's but reckoned Fiji was a step too far for Ireland before it even kicked off, beating Engerland into 3rd though is pretty damned good especially as I doubt they would play a rookie team on their own patch.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

BaggyTrousers wrote:BR's question remains apposite. Typical of you Paddybastards to jump on anything that smells remotely of success. 3rd is Irish for success.
Yes indeed. Beating England into 4th is indeed success. Especially at "Headquarters" Beating England into even 127th at any sport or endeavour would be success. The significant words are "beating England". :D
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Our own Stan McDowell has neen heavily involved in the project for a number of years now.
Great to see his hard work paying off.
Phenomenal achievement putting us on the 7s map from nowhere and hopefully we should regulary look to compete on the circuit now.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

In 7s you need that flyer. In Conroy the irish side have it now. Even Carlin Isles couldn't catch him. He's about as irish as Andy Townsend.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Qualified today in Hong Kong for world series. Some nice trips around the world for those selected.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
iank22
Novice

Post by iank22 »

ireland men take the last olympic spot by winning the repechage, beating france in the final.
Jordan Conroy is seriously quick.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Watched a bit of it to see if Aaron Sexton gets much game time. He doesn't. Minutes here and there. A serious effort though for all involved. They can call themselves Olympians. If it goes ahead.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Ireland shouldn't go as there will be a row about the flag they use at the Olympics. Not worth the aggro.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I think it is worth it. Anyone with an issue can support GB. Probably the only Ulster player will be Aaron Sexton who has represented Ireland in athletics at junior level in the commonwealth games.

Fleg warriors are too busy fighting the NI protocol and the Irish language act.