Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Replacement 10

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy

come off it Jantjies would have bee a a mistake worse than Carberry .

He has a many faults and less up top .

And that watching the guy over a number of games not just 80 minutes .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

There are serious doubts about Jantjies’ abilities at the highest level (Super rugby final and international). However the same could be said about a certain mr pienaar’s career. Jantjies also guided the Lions to 3 finals and put in some very decent performances.

I get reservations about whether spending big bucks on a 2 year contract right now for him would have been meeting ulster’s most pressing needs and being the best use of our resources (financial and niq spots) and indeed I would share that view. Hiwever if we had signed him, he would have been a positive addition, given where ulster rugby is right now. Like it or not mcphillips has some way to go to be considered an equal of Jantjies.

Personally i don’t believe Lealifano to be a much better 10 than Jantjies.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Billy is king

Paddy is immortal
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

It's true. Jackson never made any mistakes playing for Ulster or Ireland. Only D4 sectarianism prevented him from being Ireland's first choice 10 and a contender for best player in the world.

Simply put - he was brill!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

Careful guys.
anyone who expresses a view that is anywhere near mine will send Boggy Mouth apoplectic.
Boggy supporting views only please
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

49 There are bigger" like minded "fools than Boggy on this board where rugby is concerned .Boggy's biggest weakness is his inability to forgive. Which basically assumes the player intended to foul up. Thereafter the "victim player " has no redeeming features to his game and therefore any good game the player has is doomed for the bin as his one great mistake is once more recalled.

The same of course may be applied to coaches if the team selection does not conform to aforesaid judgement on the players.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:There are serious doubts about Jantjies’ abilities at the highest level (Super rugby final and international). However the same could be said about a certain mr pienaar’s career. Jantjies also guided the Lions to 3 finals and put in some very decent performances.

I get reservations about whether spending big bucks on a 2 year contract right now for him would have been meeting ulster’s most pressing needs and being the best use of our resources (financial and niq spots) and indeed I would share that view. Hiwever if we had signed him, he would have been a positive addition, given where ulster rugby is right now. Like it or not mcphillips has some way to go to be considered an equal of Jantjies.

Personally i don’t believe Lealifano to be a much better 10 than Jantjies.
You were doing so well Bart........... and then that last line. I agree 100% that Leali'ifano is the better player, beyond a doubt, just not the better 10.

I also agree with you that spending a fortune on him may not have been the best idea right now, but I only say that because King Billy appears a good option, we very much needed to add a 10, had it been Jantjies I'd have thought it good business in the circumstances.

What I will not put up with is utter clowns talking shyte about a good player based on little or no evidence. Ron'n claims to be expert on Jantjies for example, I choose to disavow his claim to have seen enough of Jantjies to make that judgement. Simply put, he's a liar talking out of his arsepiece for as you say, you simply cannot get to three successive finals with a goat in the 10 shirt. Yes, the Lions are beyond doubt a forward driven team but no team does what they have done without the talent behind them. Even the stupidest here, and they are manifold, should be able to grasp that.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Bart S wrote:Jantjies also guided the Lions to 3 finals and put in some very decent performances.
Looks good running with the ball on a dry day.

Not so hot at playing a wet ball and territory. I'm sure he'd be even worse behind a pack that isn't among the best in the league.

I'm delighted he isn't coming here as it has "mismatch" written all over it.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

I think in Billy we have made a great signing. I have been at a game when he was playing and was impressed.
We do need some NIQ players but not at fly half where we have two good players in Burns and McPhillips who impressed me last season when he got the chance.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Amigo you've got the guy in one and to be honest the last couple of seasons there is nobody would say the Ulster pack has been good and on top .

I do have hopes if injuries don't pile up in the back row that this year might be a better season for the forwards .But unfortunately the sentence contains an IF.

Baggy Jantjies has a poor boot and a poor brain not a promising combination.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Amigo you've got the guy in one and to be honest the last couple of seasons there is nobody would say the Ulster pack has been good and on top . Because you mentioned Ron'n's favourite theory, the wet ball. :lol:

I do have hopes if injuries don't pile up in the back row that this year might be a better season for the forwards .But unfortunately the sentence contains an IF.

Baggy Jantjies has a poor boot and a poor brain not a promising combination.
Well, Ron'n that is certainly a conclusion you could draw if your main experience of watching him was last week, however, he is the second choice 10 for Rassie Erasmus and I rate his opinion higher than yours. I hope you're not crushed by that, I just think he edges you out on known ability to judge a player. >EW

Some of you clowns need to get a grip on reality, Jantjies would be top class in our wee league, that said I'm more than happy not to have used an NIQ spot at 10 when I seriously hope that both M'Phillips and Lowry are given chances to impress in addition to King Billy.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

In summary, what Baggy is saying is that only an idiot would think that the second choice fly half for South Africa would be a bad signing for a team like Ulster who had only one unproven option in that position.

And he’s dead right
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

But D4 went for the option of King Billy.
Did I hear an echo of "is it time to move on?"
And thank God we now have an official summariser for Boggy Mouth, who can present B's ramblings in a pithy 40 words or so.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Fortyniner wrote:But D4 went for the option of King Billy.
Did I hear an echo of "is it time to move on?"
And thank God we now have an official summariser for Boggy Mouth, who can present B's ramblings in a pithy 40 words or so.
Past your bedtime you little bitch. Ever think of posting something useful sonny?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy
The guy has some talent somewhat similar to Carberry but SA selection is not everything because it is politically influenced .

As I have pointed out he goes off script and is dodgy kicker at best .

At least Carberry has started to play to orders his last couple of games in green but in doing so has become robotic and mistimes his pass which is short of length and power .

Personally I would have hated to see the guy play for Ulster — big money for a maybe talent .

Again I can understand why some would question Ruan — dry ball and a good pack , few better if any - but going backwards his defensive contribution was and is minimal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk