Jacob Stockdale once again wins it for Ireland!!

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Jacob Stockdale once again wins it for Ireland!!

Post by Dave »

Remember 2013. You don't want NZ to have the ball if they are within a score at that stage of the game.

The problem was at this point we had a McGrath/Carbery halfback pairing. Captain and vice-captain had left the field. Sexton appeared to be the 3rd in line. He was off the field too. Thankfully it didn't matter.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

For 80 seconds I think I would have chanced it holding onto it, but I take the point on the risks involved in doing that legally. Something to work on. Do not give the ball away.
UR try the kicking away too, but invariably give the ball to the opposition 30/40 metres out!
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

I imagine Joe excoriated Luke McGrath afterwards or even this morning about that 79th minute box kick.
Joe would never voluntarily give up possession in the final minutes.
That's why Joe ends training sessions with 3/4 minute keep ball routine since 2013. It scarred him until Saturday night.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Someone said Joey Carbery told him to kick it.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

WeeWorld wrote:Someone said Joey Carbery told him to kick it.
Joey 2.5 minute Carberry

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:Someone said Joey Carbery told him to kick it.
Joey 2.5 minute Carberry

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
10 second Russ
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Ireland wing sensation Jacob Stockdale "can't believe" his meteoric two-year rise from television fan to New Zealand conqueror.

Stockdale bagged his 12th try in just 14 caps as Ireland stunned the back-to-back world champions 16-9 in Dublin on Saturday night.

The 22-year-old Ulster flyer was watching at home on TV when Ireland registered their first-ever win over New Zealand, the 40-29 victory in Chicago in 2016 that proved 111 years in the making.

Fast forward just two years and Stockdale was chipping the All Blacks defence and outpacing the cover to score the only try of the match at the Aviva Stadium - and the Lisburn native admitted he is still trying to fathom his rapid ascent.

Asked to contextualise his Test match progress, Stockdale said: "Part of me can't believe it. It has been an incredible road to where I am at.

"At the same time it has been an awful lot of hard work. There have been an awful lot of lessons learned as well.

"That's what it takes to progress in international rugby and professional rugby in general.

"It has been a massive year and half for me and I don't plan on stopping any time soon."

Confirming he watched Ireland's breakthrough victory over the All Blacks at Chicago's Soldier Field at home, Stockdale added: "I was still in the Ulster academy at that point, and had barely played for them.

"I had played a couple of games for Ulster so it was more me as a fan watching Ireland beat the All Blacks.

"It was incredible to actually be a part of it this time; and it is really special."

BOD is now officially worried. :D :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:should it prove necessary I shall swear black is just off-white. >EW
That explains a lot.

A couple of days ago I thought that Ireland had finally managed to beat the All Blacks at home.

I must have been dreaming, because it was actually the Off Whites that Jacob scored against to win it again for Ireland.

It all makes sense now - I have been helped.

Thanks Baggy :duh:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

"off-whites " -Baggy nobody wants to know about your underwear !!!
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:"off-whites " -Baggy nobody wants to know about your underwear !!!
I think you'll find you are wrong Ron'n, I'm a devilishly handsome man. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:should it prove necessary I shall swear black is just off-white. >EW
That explains a lot.

A couple of days ago I thought that Ireland had finally managed to beat the All Blacks at home.

I must have been dreaming, because it was actually the Off Whites that Jacob scored against to win it again for Ireland.

It all makes sense now - I have been helped.

Thanks Baggy :duh:
They did, in 2016, they were the home team in Chicago, they've now won 2 home games against NZ.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Stockdale now level with Keith Crossan who, great player though he was, took 41 caps to garner his 12 trys.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:Stockdale now level with Keith Crossan who, great player though he was, took 41 caps to garner his 12 trys.
How long until he erases BOB from the history books?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:How long until he erases BOB from the history books?
Yes - The British are well known for erasing bits of history they don't like. :D :D :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:How long until he erases BOB from the history books?
Yes - The British are well known for erasing bits of history they don't like. :D :D :D
The British prefer genocide and erase entire groups of people. Say nahin though and wear the poppy.