The Complete Overreaction

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: The Complete Overreaction

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Ireland 9/2 2nd fav for the RWC.

Doubtless the great English betting public will ensure that Team Lionel are installed as 2nd fav (if not favourites Image Image)by the time the tournament starts

BOD probably has the occasional nightmare about Rory lifting the trophy

Doubtless the great English betting public will ensure that Team Lionel are installed as 2nd fav (if not favourites Image Image)by the time the tournament starts
BoD will ensure he lifts the trophy
John Terry mk2

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

BOD probably has the occasional nightmare about Rory lifting the trophy

BoD will ensure he lifts the trophy
John Terry mk2

Probably even if South Africa win it. He's that fame hungry and desperate for relevance.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I actual
Considered Marmion was better than expected — no Murray but a very adequate understudy .

I’m less worried about Ireland minus Murray but Ireland without Sexton and Carberry outside Marmion would be a combination which would worry most people .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Seriously who gives a f-ck, other than the perpetually miserable. Most of us are pretty fecking delighted Ireland beat NZ given it is only the second time we've done so and this time in our own wee island. So what if some folk are getting a little over-excited. The only thing that matters is that Josef and his boys have their heads screwed on and know what it ultimately means...I'd be fairly certain they do. Indeed the player leader's(Best & POM) interviews after the game suggest that is very much the case.
G'wan away ti fu@k and boil your head, I just told you in the previous post I don't begrudge you your moment of ecstasy, I just don't share it. I thought you were able to read and understand plain English, cultchie Fathead.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Yeah, I'd say it was a bit of an over-reaction. Ireland have beaten NZ before - albeit once... But Ireland were building for this particular game and were at home. With home advantage, you should be beating pretty much anyone or at least be within one score. In saying that, I didn't think they would be strong enough without Murray, SOB and Henshaw and I didn't expect them to keep NZ tryless.

I don't mind hype - more the better but it does probably lift everyone expectations of Irish rugby to an unprecedented level. Certainly they will go into the 6N and indeed world cup with big targets on their backs. But that may be a good thing and perhaps this group of players can handle that expectation and even thrive on it.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

If you think Rory gets a hard press.......

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/opinion/108 ... -captaincy

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

rumncoke wrote:I actual
Considered Marmion was better than expected — no Murray but a very adequate understudy .
I'd like to know how he's judged to be better than McGrath because his pass is definitely slower.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

jean valjean wrote:If you think Rory gets a hard press.......

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/opinion/108 ... -captaincy

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Mark Reason tends to write provocative articles from what I've seen.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

againstthehead wrote:I don't mind hype - more the better but it does probably lift everyone expectations of Irish rugby to an unprecedented level. Certainly they will go into the 6N and indeed world cup with big targets on their backs. But that may be a good thing and perhaps this group of players can handle that expectation and even thrive on it.
I heard some commentator saying (EOS maybe) that this team will handle the hype just fine, because of the competition that exists for almost every position. That will ensure there's no resting on laurels.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote:Seriously who gives a f-ck, other than the perpetually miserable. Most of us are pretty fecking delighted Ireland beat NZ given it is only the second time we've done so and this time in our own wee island. So what if some folk are getting a little over-excited. The only thing that matters is that Josef and his boys have their heads screwed on and know what it ultimately means...I'd be fairly certain they do. Indeed the player leader's(Best & POM) interviews after the game suggest that is very much the case.
G'wan away ti fu@k and boil your head, I just told you in the previous post I don't begrudge you your moment of ecstasy, I just don't share it. I thought you were able to read and understand plain English, cultchie Fathead.

FYI - I was not responding to whatever you had spewed on this thread. If I was I would have quoted you in the usual fashion. I guess this will be hard for you to take in but ultimately it is better for you to get yer head around it - Tis not all about you.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

WeeWorld wrote:
I heard some commentator saying (EOS maybe) that this team will handle the hype just fine, because of the competition that exists for almost every position. That will ensure there's no resting on laurels.
Indeed and it was quite interesting listening to EOS saying this type of stuff. He is well placed to know what happened in 2007 when half the country ridiculously expected us to be fighting for the RWC despite some of us knowing he would select at most 18 players as starters regardless of performance and never bring on a sub unless someone couldn't walk. This time I think there will be slightly less expectation in the general public even though we are better placed to go further as things stand now. Too many bad days takes it toll no matter what spouting goes on in some quarters.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

what about an incomplete overreac..?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:
Indeed and it was quite interesting listening to EOS saying this type of stuff. He is well placed to know what happened in 2007 when half the country ridiculously expected us to be fighting for the RWC despite some of us knowing he would select at most 18 players as starters regardless of performance and never bring on a sub unless someone couldn't walk. This time I think there will be slightly less expectation in the general public even though we are better placed to go further as things stand now. Too many bad days takes it toll no matter what spouting goes on in some quarters.
ROG was talking about how in NZ they consider the 23-40 as important as the starting 23. In the last world cup it became evident that they didn't have players in reserve who could compete at the required level. The squad has greater SID overall but still there are issues at 9/10.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

FYI - I was not responding to whatever you had spewed on this thread. If I was I would have quoted you in the usual fashion. I guess this will be hard for you to take in but ultimately it is better for you to get yer head around it - Tis not all about you.
Given I’m perpetually miserable it was an easy assumption. :lol: :lol: :lol: Still think you should boil yer swede.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
Shan wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:
ROG was talking about how in NZ they consider the 23-40 as important as the starting 23. In the last world cup it became evident that they didn't have players in reserve who could compete at the required level. The squad has greater SID overall but still there are issues at 9/10.
Yet our back up fly half was sent to france for a whatsapp message