Scarlets trilogy

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Scarlets trilogy

Post by rumncoke »

I would be of the opinion that it may be safe to assume that Best ,Henderson , Murphy, and Stockdale will be rested for at least 2 of the next 3 matches . The injuries to Henshaw and Farrell could well mean that McCloskey and Addison could also be unavailable with Cooney could be due to miss a match as well.

The Young Ones are going to be well tested in the weeks ahead .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Sounds like it was a great game. Bloody work do.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote::thumleft: Tender

Saves me typing that much up mesel.

I would concur with pretty much all of that, except i would stick my neck out and call MotM for Hendo,but you're right, Addison ran him pretty close (and sidestepped a few other contenders all the way of that run).

I don't think OxO was injured - looked like they thought the game was won and took the opportunity to bank some game minutes for him. Am open to correction on that though.
I mainly concur forebye, but will throw in a word for the great Sean Reidy, he was relentless, perhaps not as eye-catching as the beast Henderson or as classy as the enormously talented Addison but in case anybody hasn't been paying attention, we have a very good first choice pack. Moore & O'Sullivan have made a hell of a change to the scrum that was bullied too often for comfort earlier in the season, but let us not overlook the least heralded member of the pack, Treadwell. His improvement over the last month or so has been noticeable ........if you keep your eyes open and your preconceptions in yer arsepocket.

I was astonished when King Billy was called MOTH, the pack won the game & Hendy was a monster again, clear MOTM. NOt of course that it matters a damn. Just saying.

Words of warmth for the soon to be departing Henry Speight, his play in the last few weeks has been impressive, perhaps his fortunes have been a mirror of the packs, when they have not been bate out the gate Henry has had a platform. Well played Henry.

Louis Ludik is the new Nigel Brady, will give you 100% of what he's got every time, in any position.

Good game by Burns, good to see, two big contributions to Stockdale's try just when that crazy Scarlets try threatened to make life uncomfortable.

10 points in the back to backs, luxury. :cheers:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Totally agree with you Baggy about the pack. They are precisely what we have needed over the last seasons. Hope they all stay fit and we can get places. Totally agree about Reidy one of my favourite players for some time and the improvement in Treders has been great. We are now beginning to see what he is capable of and long may it last.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Hendo was immense, the guy is simply the dogs bôllocks
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

So, I'll address the elephant in the room since nobody else will.

Is 24 points going to be enough to top the group AND gain us a home semi final!

It's Christmas!

#buzz #buzzing #buzzedoff #buzztastic #buzzlicous #buzzilla #buzted #buzzday #danmcbuzzland #ravenbuzz #feelthebuzz #rumnbuzz #buzzbuzzbuzz
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I'm jizzing
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

222toHounslow wrote:Hendo was immense, the guy is simply the dogs bôllocks
Hendo is a force of nature. He is not bulging with massively defined muscle like Etzebeth or Itoje, but he is immensely powerful. You can see the rucks shudder when he hits and he is so difficult to pull down on the carry. Great engine on him now too.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

The attendance last night, as seen on tv, looked RDS-esque as in when we are playing Dragons or Zebre.
What happened to your fans? They are not still boycotting?

Fantastic result for Ulster. Well done. Biblical rainfall in Dublin this afternoon so a bonus point win for us might be impossible in the conditions.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

The back row last night were superb. Any one of them would have been my MOTM. Tackled anything that moved and carried well. I'd love to see the stats from that game. I'm sure it will make interesting reading.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

D4 you can't bate an Ulsterman for holding a grudge.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dublin4 wrote:The attendance last night, as seen on tv, looked RDS-esque as in when we are playing Dragons or Zebre.
What happened to your fans? They are not still boycotting?

Fantastic result for Ulster. Well done. Biblical rainfall in Dublin this afternoon so a bonus point win for us might be impossible in the conditions.
How would you feel if Sexton and Ringrose were sacked for no reason?

People are rightly annoyed. I'm not moving on but I do attend games. There are others less forgiving than me. Hard core not-moving oners. To them I'm a snowflake. I respect their stance.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
John_e_boy
Squire

Post by John_e_boy »

Unfortunately I've not been able to see too many games of late, so I have a question.

Are we actually a decent team or

Were the Scarlets just pash?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

John_e_boy wrote:Unfortunately I've not been able to see too many games of late, so I have a question.

Are we actually a decent team or

Were the Scarlets just pash?
Decent first XV, no strength in depth. Next week will tell a tale.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Everyone knows how important a good backrow is and having 2 good quality new backrowers this season (i am including Coetzee here) has made a huge difference, allied to the fact that our 4 backrowers (reidy and timoney plus coetzee and jordi) have remiained relatively fit so far during the season compared to previous seasons. They have also been able to get a few games under their belt as a unit.

We do need to start giving some other guys opportunities in the backrow soon though as we cant rely on the 4 staying fit all of the time.