Ulster Vs Racing 92 Sat 12th Jan @ 3.15pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster Vs Racing 92 Sat 12th Jan @ 3.15pm BT Sport 3

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BBC Newsline tonight carried report that Racing had issued a statement condemning the racist abuse directed at Simon Zebo and that it had no place in rugby etc. (so far so good - that is accurate).

Unfortunately that's as far as it went. NO mention however that Racing acknowledged that the abuse was the action of one or two individuals, had been condemned by Ulster fans and that they had no wish to stigmatise Ulster Rugby as a whole.

I have complained to BBC citing incomplete reporting and perceived bias (perceived by me). :evil:

They also reported that Ulster have their "European Champions Cup destiny in their own hands" - I have pointed out that they don't. Unless Racing muck up, we cannot win the group, so all we have in our own hands is the ability to qualify as low seeds and an away QF. Lazy and inaccurate reporting (as I pointed out to them). :roll:
Last edited by Cap'n Grumpy on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

If he suffered racist abuse then I hope the perpetrators are sorted out.

Zebo is still a feck, sadly this doesn't change that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:I heard the alleged abuse was in a Coleraine accent.
That's one we can't pin on them

Zebo wouldn't have understood a Coleraine accent.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I am getting a feeling that someone said something that was over heard by someone who then told someone that someone told someone that someone had said something and then Zebo told someone who said something and then something became something that someone may or may not have said.

In other word Chinese whispers, I still don’t see how Doyle heard someone from the crowd tell him, unless he was told and then he relayed it in a question at 7-730pm , if Doyle heard it after 730, then wher3 in the stadium was the “crowd”
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Any truth west terrace season ticket holders have received an email from Ulster asking them to come forward if they heard anything?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Any truth west terrace season ticket holders have received an email from Ulster asking them to come forward if they heard anything?
That is correct.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Any truth west terrace season ticket holders have received an email from Ulster asking them to come forward if they heard anything?
That is correct.
Well as a West stand season ticket holder I am disgusted we didn't get one
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Joe Schmo wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Has anyone figured out the Zebo hand signal yet?
Z ?

short for ZeDjango?

:scratch:
I’m pretty sure it’s the internationally recognised signal for “the drive is ready for the tarmac, pour away”.....but I could be wrong.
I nearly laughed my nuts off at thon!!! :thumleft: :cheers: >appl >appl >appl
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

So one moron seems to have said something of a racist nature. All we need now is for Fr. Seamus Fitzpatrick to send a wee parcel to Ravenhill and all hell will break loose.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Time to move on
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:Time to move on
Day 2. Lest we forget.

Or is it day3? :scratch: How do these things work?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I have a few comments on the Zebo situation (and in no particular order) that I wish to share and may I apologise in advance if I have repeated myself earlier..

I note that some of the comments on this forum are now being quoted on social media as further proof that we are what Zebo tells the world we are... At the same time what has he told the world apart form that he hoped his ears deceived him with comments directed his way...

Did he hear that I called him a Ashton? do Ulster Rugby want to ban me for my comments? I await the 6am call at my door. At the same time may I condemn any such comments from any such quarter as having lived around the world I have many friends from the islands of Zebo's father who I can call friends and who will be the first to stand up and say I have not a racist bone in my body.

It now seems that Racing have moved to suggest that the comments made were 'racial' presumably because the player has told them the exact detail of the comments. They have also moved to say it wasn't all of us just the one or two.. As a slight aside if only Ulster had the same set of balls we would have been starting with Jackson at 10 on Saturday and not praying for Lowry to be blooded sooner rather than later.

I hear that one or two Ulster fans have come forward on social media and to Ulster Rugby saying that they seen and heard everything. I wouldn't wish to question them but I understand that one at least went fishing on social media to see what was said before coming forward and is seemingly the prime witness. Had it happened beside me the simple truth is I would have challenged the individual no matter who he was and indeed identified him to stewards as much as I have no time for Event Sec to either deal with it before taking it elsewhere.

I now note comments on social media from a 'name play' on Bundee Aki stating that having played at Ravenhill he too has suffered abuse.. this in turn is shared and shared until the truth doesn't matter any more.. It doesn't matter that it ain't Aki there are people out there that believe anything on FB or Twatter and have no interest in hard evidence or the facts. Surely again a recent court case told us that.

I hope Ulster Rugby investigate this properly I have my doubts because as an eye witness a few metres away from the Brennan assault many years ago and who came forward to make a statement I still await a call.

I note that the press the BBC included have been quick to point out that these unsavoury comments were seemingly picked up by Zebo then in the next sentence quoting the Django name thereby associating the comments with racism. It is Zebo himself that used the name Django and according to one of Irelands top players and a former team mate of his it is Zebo that first called himself Django back in 2013 if not earlier.

I have seen Django referred to as a romany term nothing unsavoury and it appears a common name in many films etc. If he wishes to call himself that then fine but other so called respected press should be able to separate and report that.

This matter was not it would appear reported at the time because surely a player could have approached an official or raised it with other match/ club officials to deal with at the time. Instead it was left until exiting Belfast and a few vague lines on social media with people now alleging they know what was said and who said it.

Also what did Doyle do about it given he seems to have known more or less the moment it happened. He has spoken to witnesses the matter seemingly dealt with so again shouldn't be too hard for UR to ID the guy dealt with by those fans that witnessed it all word for word....

Over to you Ulster Rugby..
Last edited by Cockatrice on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Neill_M wrote:
That is correct.
why just season ticket holders? why not witnesses...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Rooster wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
That is correct.
Well as a West stand season ticket holder I am disgusted we didn't get one
I asked them where the West Terrace was as I stand on the Prom. I can confirm that none of us heard anything but we stand on the 22 at the Aquinas end.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Has anyone actually made a complaint?