Leicester away

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Leicester away

Post by justinr73 »

Away wins for Ulster, North End and Stortford.

Doesn’t happen very often!

Good craic after the match. Decent curry too.
Master of None
Novice

Post by Master of None »

Is Burns a Malone man? He'd be lucky if he was, but we can kick our own back doors, thank you very much.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

damianmcr wrote:https://youtu.be/DKQr6CWhmbA

Again the quality will improve shortly
Good man yerself Damo :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

Would it be churlish of me to remind m a ny of the posters on here that we are only in this competition because of winning a play off against Ospreys at the end of last season
A match that we were persuaded by the core on here to boycott for a whole range of dubious reasons.
Support the team!
. A remarkable achievement.to reach the quarter finals
Without Best, Cooney, Henderson, Addison, Stockdale we will struggle against everybody else until the squad is further strengthened, enlarged and rebuilt. That will need money. That will need increasing ST sales, and weeding out the pay bill.......and that's not just the players.
In the meantime, congrats to everyone involved. Including Burns...that kick ahead over their defence won the match.
If Cooney was fit, then he should have been on from the beginning. But Shanners is what he is, and will be a critical and necessary part of the squad to keep us involved in Pro14 qualification for next year............and more money!
:fleg: :red:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The boycott of the Ospreys remains a point well made.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

What a whingey reaction.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

horlix
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Two tries in two Euro starts... Bobby Balacoune, the new Jacob Stockdale lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Lurgan Lad wrote:I guess at this stage the most important thing is the result. Did appear McFarland was reluctant to pair Shanahan and Lowry, Cooney made a huge difference when he came on.

The game changed on it's head when Cooney came on. He gave us a kicking option behind the scrum and lineout, and acted like an extra wing forward in tackling and defence.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Looking at the big picture - we are quite lucky to be in the quarter finals of the HC. With everyone fit, Ulster can muster a competitive XV, but it still looks a tad disorganised, with a sloppy lineout, poor handling and glaring defensive issues at times. But we'll take it. Reserve strength is still weak.
Time to get rid of the fairly ordinary Burns and give Lowry a run at 10.
Plus points : Rory's inspired form as a player and leader; Hendo's timely return to gee up the team; Stockdale's consistently great performances; Cooney's organization and place kicking; the appearance of Baloucoune - still rough and sometimes a little dodgy in defence, but gas to burn and a nose for the line; the form of props O'Sullivan and Moore.
We may progress no further in this competition, but the last two games have been a shot in the arm for Ulster rugby. Fair play to the team.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:What a whingey reaction.
Tis what some folk do best. Indeed some folk only do whinging.

Anyway I didn't see the game today but I understand Ulster came from 13-0 down to win this game. Who couldn't be happy with their team doing this on English soil.

For the love of feck this should be enjoyed for what it is. We all know there's work in the background to be done. Ulster will be in the 1/4 finals. It is good fecking stuff.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Highest ranked teams from the pool stages gets the home SF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

What did Murphy do with his chewing gum after the match??????????
Until Cooney came in Murphy was on my mind the booooom we got a game.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Getting very tired of the constant criticism of Burns from some on this forum. I know he makes errors ( who doesn't ) but we also see moments of rugby genius such as his magic kick over the defence yesterday that led to our wining try.
I believe he has great potential so give the lad a chance to prove it and not judge him negatively every time he plays. I know that the majority of supporters are behind him and he did get us out of the terrible situation the IRFU left us in.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Cracker wrote:Getting very tired of the constant criticism of Burns from some on this forum. I know he makes errors ( who doesn't ) but we also see moments of rugby genius such as his magic kick over the defence yesterday that led to our wining try.
I believe he has great potential so give the lad a chance to prove it and not judge him negatively every time he plays. I know that the majority of supporters are behind him and he did get us out of the terrible situation the IRFU left us in.
Must say his defence in the main is very gutsy, certainly puts in the tackles. I guess some felt this year is a write off and so play the youngsters, but somehow we have got through to the QFs. I would like us to play Lowry more at OH as he does appear to have great potential, biggest concern is his injury profile so far isn't encouraging. Burns biggest issue to me is he doesn't really offer much of a threat to the line himself meaning people can focus on those outside him.