Six Nations 18/19

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Frank
Novice

Re: Six Nations 18/19

Post by Frank »

tigerburnie wrote:Ireland were not allowed to play, not sure it is the fault of any players, the England game plan was carried out effectively and the press defence was so strong, Ireland were often forced back from the gain line, difficult to launch anything when you lose the collisions.
I would say it was the players fault because they were the ones that played and lost the game.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Frank wrote: Two things about this.
Oh I forgotten.
Ignore me
Frank we have an amnesty on quoting Rumn, please observe it, it's not cricket. :thumleft:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

I was stuck in a corner of the ground low down so I miss the insights that TV gives.
But I thought the result was a welcome reality check after last year's heroics.
Ireland simply doesn't beat England year after year. Check the results over the last 144 years to work out the averages.
They were simply superb today in their line speed and defence. They did unto us what we have done to many.
I wouldn't criticise our players. England have been waiting a long time to dish out some of our medicine back to us.

Let's remember that Irish rugby is about only one match this year. The RWC quarter final. I don't give a fig about the other results in the 6N.

England will win the Grand Slam and get to the RWC final. Congrats to them today but forget them until hopefully the 2nd November.
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Frank wrote: Two things about this.
Oh I forgotten.
Ignore me
Frank we have an amnesty on quoting Rumn, please observe it, it's not cricket. :thumleft:
I apologise Mr 9 but he seems to be the only one I can understand on here.
He just makes things so simplistic and easy to follow.
And I understand rum is the commander and chief of Combat 18.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Frank wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Ireland were not allowed to play, not sure it is the fault of any players, the England game plan was carried out effectively and the press defence was so strong, Ireland were often forced back from the gain line, difficult to launch anything when you lose the collisions.
I would say it was the players fault because they were the ones that played and lost the game.
I played in games where the opposition were just too good on the day, didn't mean we were crap, just they were better that day and we had to try and make sure we learnt from it.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

England were phenomenal today, they had something to avenge though, we embarrassed them at Twickers last year, they repaid the favour.

Ireland will learn more from that defeat than England I reckon.

Addison and Cooney to start next week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Indeed, Jackie, England simply couldn't lose today. To suffer two humiliations and then to have a third defeat today would have defied gravity.
I would give Murray another chance.
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

tigerburnie wrote:
Frank wrote:
I played in games where the opposition were just too good on the day, didn't mean we were crap, just they were better that day and we had to try and make sure we learnt from it.
I'm just happy someone took me seriously enough to quote me.
I will never forget this act of kindness you have shown me this day.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

No creativity. Kept trying the same things and hoping for a different outcome.

Just like watching Ulster.

Nuff said - move on to the next defeat .... I mean, match!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

tigerburnie wrote:Brutal looking game no real loser there, England just seem to have the edge this week.
Disagree. Ireland were very much the loser. The Nigels were all over them and bullied them off the park. Several Ireland big names did not show up today. This is a very settled and experienced Ireland team. You would expect them to do a lot better, especially at home in Dublin.
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:No creativity. Kept trying the same things and hoping for a different outcome.

Just like watching Ulster.

Nuff said - move on to the next defeat .... I mean, match!
Nail .....on .......the...... head!
No plan to combat their line speed.

Ireland not beaten by their creativity. Arguably we gifted them 24 points by making mistakes under the pressure; Earls rushing out of the line, Jacob overrunning the kick behind him, Rory's crooked throw just before half time, and Sextons pass at the death.

Inevitable outcome to the dominance in the tackle.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Hopefully they'll fall off again soon ...
Attachments
Chariot repaired.jpg
Chariot repaired.jpg (77.47 KiB) Viewed 512 times
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Dave wrote:
TopPoster wrote:
Dave wrote:Zebo would walk onto that team.
He’d certainly put in a better show than Earls who is so utterly ineffective against any tier 1 nation. But alas if you look at the player ratings out already in the shinner press it’s Rory and Stockcubes fault.
Stockdale had by far the most metres gained of any Irish player. No other player was gathering that ball either. He's the tallest back.

CJ Stander: 11 carries, 6 metres gained. Nothing said.
According to RugbyLAD, Stander played 62 mins with a fractured cheekbone and eye socket Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

shamalicious wrote:
Dave wrote:
TopPoster wrote:
He’d certainly put in a better show than Earls who is so utterly ineffective against any tier 1 nation. But alas if you look at the player ratings out already in the shinner press it’s Rory and Stockcubes fault.
Stockdale had by far the most metres gained of any Irish player. No other player was gathering that ball either. He's the tallest back.

According to RugbyLAD, Stander played 62 mins with a fractured cheekbone and eye socket Image

Explains a lot. I wonder why he wasn't subbed earlier?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:
shamalicious wrote:
Dave wrote:
TopPoster wrote:

Explains a lot. I wonder why he wasn't subbed earlier?
Probably because he just thought he had a sore bake and didn't make much of it.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall