Brexit - now we see what it means.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jetstream
Squire

Re: Brexit - now we see what it means.

Post by Jetstream »

Suzy shags Stroke City.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

No-deal Brexit could see some NI firms 'relocate across the border'
The paper also warns that the impact of a no-deal Brexit would be severe in Northern Ireland, where businesses will not have sufficient time to prepares.

The document says disruption to closely-interwoven supply chains and increasing costs could "affect the viability of many businesses across Northern Ireland",

It adds that a no-deal Brexit could lead to some Northern Ireland businesses relocating south of the border.

The document was released in response to an amendment tabled by Independent Group MPs Chuka Umunna and Anna Soubry.

It repeats official analysis suggesting a no-deal could leave the UK economy 6.3%-9% smaller after 15 years than it would otherwise have been, with the worst-hit areas Wales (-8.1%), Scotland (-8.0%), Northern Ireland (-9.1%) and the North East (-10.5%).
https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0227/10331 ... it_papers/
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:No-deal Brexit could see some NI firms 'relocate across the border'
The paper also warns that the impact of a no-deal Brexit would be severe in Northern Ireland, where businesses will not have sufficient time to prepares.

The document says disruption to closely-interwoven supply chains and increasing costs could "affect the viability of many businesses across Northern Ireland",

It adds that a no-deal Brexit could lead to some Northern Ireland businesses relocating south of the border.

The document was released in response to an amendment tabled by Independent Group MPs Chuka Umunna and Anna Soubry.

It repeats official analysis suggesting a no-deal could leave the UK economy 6.3%-9% smaller after 15 years than it would otherwise have been, with the worst-hit areas Wales (-8.1%), Scotland (-8.0%), Northern Ireland (-9.1%) and the North East (-10.5%).
https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0227/10331 ... it_papers/
Quite a few have premises already leased on a retainer basis depending on income. Similar some southern haulage companies have truck yards rented here in NI.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Opinion piece form Patrick Kielty in the Guardian yesterday, worth a read.

Full Article Here

For some reason I can't copy and paste the text >crazy1 >crazy1
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

pwrmoore wrote:Opinion piece form Patrick Kielty in the Guardian yesterday, worth a read.

Full Article Here

Paddy's getting very political. Just wish the Lionels would listen to him.Heard some Tory c*nt on yesterday saying they should listen to the DUP on NI Brexit issues because they represent us. Far as I know, every constituency here bar N Antrim voted to remain.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Then that stupid clown Eilis O'Hanlon in the Telegraph writes up a load of tripe.

Who decided to employ her? How can they continue to justify her wages?

All I see is irrational, ignorant, arrogant, opinionated crap. An echo chamber for the idiots.

Link is here - be warned you may get quite annoyed:
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opin ... 58756.html
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

pwrmoore wrote:Opinion piece form Patrick Kielty in the Guardian yesterday, worth a read.

Full Article Here

I thought the line "The political wing of the Old Testament" was a good one! :lol:
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Amiga500 wrote:

Full Article Here

I thought the line "The political wing of the Old Testament" was a good one! :lol:
Yip - he has a good turn of phrase! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul.

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Amiga500 wrote:Then that stupid clown Eilis O'Hanlon in the Telegraph writes up a load of tripe.

All I see is irrational, ignorant, arrogant, opinionated crap. An echo chamber for the idiots.

Went looking for the comments bit at the bottom so I could register my disagreement with the main thrust of her argument. But there wasn't one unlike the guardian which has garnered several thousand comments. Seems the BT has given up all pretense if being serious news outlet trying to stimulate discussion.
Paul.

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

for some reason I didn't ?

For years Ireland existed in two bits long before both bits were in the EU

So what's different

The smugglers get richer quicker !!!
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote:for some reason I didn't ?

So what's different

You've already answered that. It existed "before both bits were in the EU". We had a common currency and unique arrangements for the movement of goods and people. One in and one out is an entirely different scenario.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Amiga500 wrote:Then that stupid clown Eilis O'Hanlon in the Telegraph writes up a load of tripe.

I wouldn't get annoyed by anything she writes. She has always written pure sh1te for the Indo and obviously does the same for its Nordland small brother paper.

The reason she is employed is solely due to her extreme anti - SF position. She has only one topic she is interested in. That is what her bosses want and obviously some of the readership want. The thing here is she displayed her severe lack of comprehension or she just decided to wave her fleg about for no particular reason because she certainly didn't make a single comment on anything that Kielty wrote about.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote:
rumncoke wrote:for some reason I didn't ?

So what's different

You've already answered that. It existed "before both bits were in the EU". We had a common currency and unique arrangements for the movement of goods and people. One in and one out is an entirely different scenario.
You should be getting paid to be a primary school teacher Mervyn.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:We had a common currency and unique arrangements for the movement of goods and people.
PEDANTRY ALERT: We didn't have a a common currency, we had two different currencies that just happened to equal one another and were commonly interchangeable. >EW

Just sayin' like.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Better to be pedantic than a stranger to the truth! :cheers:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!