Six Nations 18/19

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Six Nations 18/19

Post by Shan »

OldMan wrote:J Don’t know when I’ve seen the Ireland back row as ineffectual ( though that maybe does the Welsh back row a disservice)
Wales backrow is good but it is never a good idea to go into a game with only 2 in yer backrow. Conan should have started. SOB is a non-player at this stage, hence his impending move down the ranks to London Irish.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:Apart from an early steal Tadgh Beirne was anonymous. IMO he is not a tight head lock. The overhead camera on 46 mins reveals he was struggling in the scrum. Great player though.
Is he a great player though? There's a huge difference between looking great at provincial / club level even in the H Cup versus real greatness which can only be at international level. He may be great but we need to see it on the international stage.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:Apart from an early steal Tadgh Beirne was anonymous. IMO he is not a tight head lock. The overhead camera on 46 mins reveals he was struggling in the scrum. Great player though.
Is he a great player though? There's a huge difference between looking great at provincial / club level even in the H Cup versus real greatness which can only be at international level. He may be great but we need to see it on the international stage.
Agree. Should have qualified that by saying at club level.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Things could be worse.

The Flower of Scotland has wilted rather badly.

Hopefully the Edinburgh players will struggle to pick themselves up for the Pro 14.

Kinghorn is out for the season.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

It was a horror show.
All 15 were useless, backrow and half backs beaten up.
I had predicted a good defeat but not a hiding.

Schmidt was top of world three months ago with not just a GS from last year but the ABs' scalp.What a funny old world.

He now has to find a way back but he has time. He may need new half backs. Back row is a big problem too.

On a separate note, Wales has the Grand Slam but an utterly dysfunctional regional system which has never had a team in the final of the H Cup in 20 years. Scotland even has a better structure but under Gats Wales get the international results. Go figure.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Too many underestimate the effect of Welsh playing at home for a big prize — with a homer ref as well and a welsh scrum half dummying the lift and pass or delaying it at best .Thus Ireland gave more penalties away in the first half after Ireland had a nightmare start and were chasing the game from the 3 rd minute .

The mistake was keeping the roof open because having given the Welsh the early lead a wet ball favours the defending team .

Two good things come from losing

The first is the English can’t be Champions and Ireland have had a reality check before the World Cup .

A third is Joe has a reasonable look a most of the probables ,possibles and maybes a few players who might have been considered certainties may now miss the trip to Japan .

Given the fact it would take players possibly 48 hours to get to Japan there might be a few holidays for some come week 2 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Dublin4 wrote:It was a horror show.
All 15 were useless, backrow and half backs beaten up.
I had predicted a good defeat but not a hiding.

Schmidt was top of world three months ago with not just a GS from last year but the ABs' scalp.What a funny old world.

He now has to find a way back but he has time. He may need new half backs. Back row is a big problem too.

On a separate note, Wales has the Grand Slam but an utterly dysfunctional regional system which has never had a team in the final of the H Cup in 20 years. Scotland even has a better structure but under Gats Wales get the international results. Go figure.
There's a P.Jackson playing in France. He might be worth a look. :thumleft:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Day 336. Bring our boys home.

Lest we move on.

Fcuk the paddy basterds.

FIRFUC
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Quite.. the IRFU living to regret screwing PJ, didn’t see that coming!
..one more thing
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Dave wrote:
Shan wrote:
Agree. Should have qualified that by saying at club level.
Beirne is a great poacher but not a great 2nd row. Suspect joe knows he needs a solid grafter alongside Ryan and beirne is not that. He may however make the plane due to his versatility but roux and dillane are still in with a shout. IMO O'Brien is now 3rd choice 7 and may not make the WC.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Columbo wrote:Quite.. the IRFU screwing PJ,
IRFU top shaggers.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
IRFU top shaggers.
ImageImage
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Dave wrote:
Shan wrote:
IRFU top shaggers.
ImageImage
Olding wrote that, but sure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
OldMan
Novice

Post by OldMan »

justinr73 wrote:Things could be worse.

The Flower of Scotland has wilted rather badly.

Hopefully the Edinburgh players will struggle to pick themselves up for the Pro 14.

Kinghorn is out for the season.
The Flower of Scotland has had a dose of BabyBio at half time!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

jean valjean wrote:Beirne is a great poacher but not a great 2nd row. Suspect joe knows he needs a solid grafter alongside Ryan and beirne is not that. He may however make the plane due to his versatility but roux and dillane are still in with a shout. IMO O'Brien is now 3rd choice 7 and may not make the WC.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
We need Hendo to stay fit. Simple as that.

Backrow we need Leavy badly.