Six Nations 18/19

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Columbo
Squire

Re: Six Nations 18/19

Post by Columbo »

One thing this has shown is just how little of a s##t I actually give about Ireland, as opposed to Ulster - sure I’d rather see them win, but tbh 6Ns and world cups are really just minor interruptions in my ‘real’ rugby season..
..one more thing
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

OldMan wrote:
justinr73 wrote:Things could be worse.

The Flower of Scotland has wilted rather badly.

Hopefully the Edinburgh players will struggle to pick themselves up for the Pro 14.

Kinghorn is out for the season.
The Flower of Scotland has had a dose of BabyBio at half time!
A full pint of it!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The scoreline tells one story but the difference is 6 penalties .

There are too many who fail to understand the game and how chasing a game effects performance ie facing a seven point deficit teams kick to the corner rather take the points despite the fact the elements are in favour of the defending team .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I wish I'd watched the England v Scotch game!!
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:I wish I'd watched the England v Scotch game!!
Typical Scotland. Work their way into a winning position and then forget to lock the door. Still tis an improvement for them as they usually get destroyed in twickers.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Typical Scotland losing all ends up start to throw the ball about and nearly win due to pace and luck

What has Farrell to do to be red carded - a pure body check -late- with not even the semblance of a tackle .
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Pity Scotland 2nds couldn't hold on but what a second half for them to finish on...

London Irish must be thinking they drunk a fortune on a finished player...

Can't see Schmidt doing what needs done now it's too late..

Seen one reference to Stockdale knocking the ball on... not how I seen it.

Sexton is an arrogant shoe that must be believing his own hype...

Farroll should have seen red the explanation offered was pathetic...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

Game over after 2 minutes.
Ireland a complete shambles of a performance and amused by it.
Wales are a proper team and set up who play for each other and deserved their slam with those foundations n place.
Ireland have turned into a bunch of premadona charlatans with foundations built on quick sand.
Can't see anything other than the usual abject world cup failure and I'm glad to completely scud their performance with my previous post.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Columbo wrote:One thing this has shown is just how little of a s##t I actually give about Ireland, as opposed to Ulster - sure I’d rather see them win, but tbh 6Ns and world cups are really just minor interruptions in my ‘real’ rugby season..
International rugby is summed up by w@nkers in stupid hats and face paints who are deliriously happy to see themselves on the big screen when their team is getting the rounds of the house :roll:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

Or the players who celebrated the last Irish try. Really wtf?!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

My cup runneth over. The FIRFUCs have made their bed, I look forward to watching the evil cünts slowly dIe in it.

I hope Janny SEXpest plays as well as that in two weeks time. He played like a drain, great to see the gurny Mexicùnt in terminal decline.

SOB now resembling a bad joke, I thought Leavy was fit, if Schmidt picked SOB ahead of him he needs to get his bumps read.

All in all, the Boggers didn't fire a shot. Fatland must think it's his birthday.

Oh how I laughed. Not an outhalf worth a damn in the Septic Isle now the FIRFUCs decided to ruin Ginger Prince's career and I look forward to watching them fall apart in Sept/October. Up their holes, especially that pruck Donal Spring who mocked the two lads whilst sacking them. I hope the fücKer dies soon and that it hurts.... a lot.

Eh ....... Goodbye. :lol:
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Joe Schmidt has defended out-half Jonathan Sexton and scrum-half Conor Murray after another under-performance from Ireland's stuttering half-back pairing.

Both players have failed to ignite in this year's disappointing Six Nations campaign and struggled in today's 25-7 defeat to the Welsh.

"There was frustration there and we'll see those in the review," he said, when asked about Sexton's bad-tempered exchange with referee Angus Gardner.

"He has been really positive through the week, he is building his way forward. He has been a lynchpin for so many positive wins.

"Jonathan and Conor have had so many days when they have been the hub on which the whole thing has turned. They're not the reason we lost.

"By taking off players if they are not performing well, you don't grow them as players and get them back to where they need to be. You need to grow their confidence."
So we need to keep selecting Sexton and Murray no matter how badly they are playing. 2007 rules.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

The thing is even if Paddy Jackson had not been run out of town Joe still would not have selected him. He is clear that he is only interested in selecting Sexton.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote: International rugby is summed up by w@nkers in stupid hats and face paints who are deliriously happy to see themselves on the big screen when their team is getting the rounds of the house :roll:
Big events attract event junkies. You see this in the H Cup also. I've seen plenty in my time at TP who barely had a clue what shape the ball is, never mind who their team is.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Event Junkies are usually in corporate suites ( like my daughter and son in law were to day ) .

Internationals tend to attract the party addicts of club , office , and university course .

Then there are the memory makers who want a conversation piece - I was there — dinner party bore —

Plus the couple who need an excuse for a dirty week end — granted it’s not as necessary now as it once was ... but like above couple it provides a weekend away from the children and early morning breakfast .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk