Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:William

vs

Jonathon
I'd start Byrne if I was Leo :stir:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

So Adam McKendry is today stating in 42.ie that there’s a growing possibility that Stockdale is line for the 13 shirt at the weekend.

Is this fake news designed to confuse Leo......?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

If that's true, then ruckie is a twunt for handing out UR secrets.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Ulster in previous seasons have been keen on announcing signings the week leading up to a big play off game..

Chances of Jack McGrath being announced? First blood to Ulster :lol:
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Toners absence means one of their 3 overseas players misses out. Fardy, Lowe or JGP will not play.
Normally JGP would miss out but if he is dropped they are taking a risk on a newly returned McGrath and a academy scrum half on the bench. Lowe is a good player but may be the most expendable this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Lowe is a very good player. Much prefer he doesnt be involved
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lowe will definitely start.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I’d leave out Fardy.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Tomane has been dung. Henshaw might be fit also.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote:Toners absence means one of their 3 overseas players misses out. Fardy, Lowe or JGP will not play.
Normally JGP would miss out but if he is dropped they are taking a risk on a newly returned McGrath and a academy scrum half on the bench. Lowe is a good player but may be the most expendable this weekend.

I would say Lowe misses out with Fardy and Whiskey Malone RFC getting the nod. They have other options on the wing - Byrne, McFadden, L'Amour and Daverage etc.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

justinr73 wrote:So Adam McKendry is today stating in 42.ie that there’s a growing possibility that Stockdale is line for the 13 shirt at the weekend.

funny enough I wrote a post wondering if this was a possibility - but then deleted it as it seemed to me that the only way we could do that with the current injuries and Lyttle not in the squad is to bring Kernohan in to start on the wing... and I’m not sure that is sound..
..one more thing
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

jean valjean wrote:Toners absence means one of their 3 overseas players misses out. Fardy, Lowe or JGP will not play.

Toner's absence has nothing to do with one of the three overseas players missing out as only two can be picked in any match-day squad. It just means that Fardy is more likely to be picked as one of them, especially as Ross Molony may also be injured.

Most likely to be Lowe that misses out as can't see Cullen wanting to pick Hugh O'Sullivan on the bench behind a rusty Luke McGrath.

In the centre I'd imagine Rory O'Loughlin will start at 12 as quotes from yesterday's press conference suggested Henshaw has little chance of featuring. Noel Reid and the improving Conor O'Brien are probably next in line. Can't imagine they're thinking of picking Tomane at centre again. He's had a torrid time since he arrived and if they're going to play him again this season they need to put him in his best position on the wing.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

On the Lowe / JGP choice, I have a feeling they’ll go with JGP - Lowe hasn’t played much recently and I think there was talk of a niggling shoulder injury..
..one more thing
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Columbo wrote:
justinr73 wrote:So Adam McKendry is today stating in 42.ie that there’s a growing possibility that Stockdale is line for the 13 shirt at the weekend.

funny enough I wrote a post wondering if this was a possibility - but then deleted it as it seemed to me that the only way we could do that with the current injuries and Lyttle not in the squad is to bring Kernohan in to start on the wing... and I’m not sure that is sound..
We got to play our best players in the best positions. Lukey for 13

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

I'm not sure I fancy Jacob's defence at 13 either.. He's ok with a touchline outside him, I can imagine him getting sat down in the centre..

I just watched all the highlights from our / Leinster's Euro games - easy to forget just what a good side Leinster are. Among other weapons they have a brilliant offensive maul, would be great to have Hendy back - also Ruddock and Conan having great seasons. James Lowe very, very influential during their campaign - basically single-handedly destroying Wasps in the first game, if he misses out due to the foreigner thing / bit of injury we'll be happy not to face him!

Also noticed just before Zebo's try in the match at Kingspan, neck roll and no arms clearout on Stu, right in front of the ref :roll: not terrible ones, but both pens IMO
..one more thing