Edinburgh vs Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Edinburgh vs Ulster

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Snipe Watson wrote:Rob Baloucoune may just be ahead of Gilroy now. His defensive positioning may be a bit suspect at times, but he has the wheels to get back and make the tackle. Him and Eric are the finds of the season.
He still has a bit of work to do under the high ball, he's a little suspect. On the whole I'm delighted, we've genuine competition on the wing next season.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Rob Baloucoune may just be ahead of Gilroy now. His defensive positioning may be a bit suspect at times, but he has the wheels to get back and make the tackle. Him and Eric are the finds of the season.
He still has a bit of work to do under the high ball, he's a little suspect. On the whole I'm delighted, we've genuine competition on the wing next season.
He's come on leaps and bounds from his first 30 seconds in the shirt. :lol:

He got a bit excited then. >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The league and European positions are much better than expected at the start of the season which had that rather luck of the Irish look about it - last 5 minute wins etc .

The fact remains that Ulster still appear to be inferior to the other Irish Provinces — despite the game against Leinster .

Most would consider that game to be the result of Leinster not turning up rather than an expected performance by Ulster

Ulster have still substantial improvements in consistency to make next year and depth to added to the squad in order that the average supporter could look at a team sheet and feel confident of a win .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I'm glad I'm not an average supporter.

(If you have Rumn on ignore, the above will make no sense whatsoever)

Maybe it's a matter of faith. :stir:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I'm glad I'm not an average supporter.

Indeed. Securing Heineken Cup rugby for next year with a round to spare (no Euro playoffs) and making the QF this year was overachieving for this squad I think.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I'm glad I'm not an average supporter.

#believe
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Really happy for Marcel. When fit he is an animal. Very good season for him.

Treadwell is probably the biggest improved player this season

Great win against a very good Edinburgh team
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Lurgan Lad wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Lurgan Lad wrote:More confirmation we have a great coaching ticket, defence was outstanding apart from Luke's mistake. Edinburgh basically ran out of ideas.
Did they have any to start with? :scratch:
Well I would like to think at some point before the match Cockerill had an idea, but I guess I always think the best of people!
Cockers must feckin hate Ulster :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote:The league and European positions are much better than expected at the start of the season which had that rather luck of the Irish look about it - last 5 minute wins etc .

The fact remains that Ulster still appear to be inferior to the other Irish Provinces — despite the game against Leinster .

Most would consider that game to be the result of Leinster not turning up rather than an expected performance by Ulster

Ulster have still substantial improvements in consistency to make next year and depth to added to the squad in order that the average supporter could look at a team sheet and feel confident of a win .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ulster are not inferior to Connacht. I know they've beat us twice but we did the same when they won the League. We'd be strong favourites in a q/f at Ravenhill.

This seasons losses do make interesting reading. 5 to Irish opposition, and away to Racing, Scarlets (avenged) and Weegies.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Outstanding result and the performance wasn’t too far behind either.

Hendy is becoming a proper talisman.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Awesome

But leaves me confused, I’m not sure if we’re pretty rubbish or brilliant! We seem to alternate game about.. Edinburgh were fully loaded, and we absolutely took them apart - impressed that we kept coming up with big plays any time the momentum looked like stalling - chargedowns, turnovers, that massive scrum (obvious pen, Nige did them a favour). And all the obvious people were great tonight, I’ll tell you who else had a very good game, Billy Burns..

Stockdale‘s hammy looked more like a tweak than anything bad, fingers crossed - very much liked the look of him at 15. (PS Baloucoune needs to do some practice catching the ball!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
..one more thing
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

We can be really good like tonight or the QF say but can also be tom kite at times. It’s hard work supporting Ulster!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It’d be boring if we won every week.

Anyone staying away should turn up to the home QF and find another way to express their ire.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Neill_M wrote:We can be really good like tonight or the QF say but can also be tom kite at times. It’s hard work supporting Ulster!
The big difference this season is that we've managed to eke out points even when playing complete dung. The points difference tells a tale - several very narrow wins and 2 draws.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

They play to the final whistle for sure.

A good bunch of lads.

Thought we’d get beat tonight. May have a quick nightcap.

Am on MOTM duty tomorrow at Bishop’s Stortford. Three lots of UR fans at the club besides us :red: