Big World of Rugby

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Big World of Rugby

Post by Dave »

GoFundMe have taken it down for breaching their terms and conditions
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I wonder if he will accuse them of discriminating against him on religious grounds......probably no money in such an activity though. What a martyr he really is. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I see he's up and running again with some Christian group hosting the begging bowl. Almost $2 million already apparently.

Mad stuff. Folk in dire need who beg on the streets are lucky to get $20 in that timeframe....
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

https://www.acl.org.au/donate_izzy

It'll smash $3mil at this rate.

The shutdown of his gofundme page was great publicity for him and his case. If you're on his side of the fence it was only viewed as further persecution.

Will be interesting to see where the money goes if he wins compensation.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

I have a bit of sympathy for him, it reminds me of the Ashers case here but the key thing to me while probably not pertinent for his legal case is his motivation. Did he post his message from a place of love for his fellow man and the belief that sharing his message could help them, or did he post it as a wind up. This is where the gay fella in the Ashers case fell completely down in any support I would have, it was a wind up while Folau feels a bit more sincere. Having said that I'm not a fan of him saying 'after I uploaded messages from the Bible', that doesn't feel quite correct.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Lurgan lad ' would you feel better if he had said "based on the Bible " instead of " from the Bible" the former would of course been more accurate, in some respects ,if your religion is based on an Old Testament view of God-- "the Revenger ": rather than a New Testament view of God the Redeemer and Saviour of Mankind provided you recognise God as such .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

On a different subject -- rugby this time very thankful the powers that be have dropped the idea of aN international league Competition -- there isn't the strength in depth available for such a demanding competition -- if you accept the Rory Best point of view that a party of 31 insufficient for a World Cup and remember that in one World Cup the ABs were reduced to their 4th choice out half in the final.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

rumncoke wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:02 am Lurgan lad ' would you feel better if he had said "based on the Bible " instead of " from the Bible" the former would of course been more accurate, in some respects ,if your religion is based on an Old Testament view of God-- "the Revenger ": rather than a New Testament view of God the Redeemer and Saviour of Mankind provided you recognise God as such .
Rum my issue is that for someone to say they have uploaded messages from the Bible suggests that his view on passages in the Bible are undoubtedly correct without fear of contradiction. Given how complex a book the Bible is and where you have many people with different viewpoints on different passages he should consider that his interpretation of the Bible may not be perfect.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Anybody know if this means anything at all outside New Zealand?
In the weeks since Sky New Zealand’s surprise acquisition of digital platform Rugby Pass, analysts have been trying to decipher what the transaction means for the broadcaster and for the international rugby union rights market. Rugby Pass currently holds the rights to SANZAAR games in 62 markets, with exclusivity in 39 of those. Sky has also held the rights in New Zealand since SANZAAR was formed in 1995, although it is newcomer Spark which has acquired the rights to the 2019 Rugby World Cup. While SANZAAR is expected to shortly begin its 2021 to 2025 sales cycle, Sky would appear well set to mount a major assault on a good international chunk of those rights and at a stroke shore up its position as the market leader in New Zealand.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

NZ rugby in $400 million deal with Sky.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/new ... d=12276201

Now what could we do with money like that? Answers on a postcard...
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Anybody know anything about Rugby X?
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/no-he ... -o2-london
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

Life is good...ish

England hammered

Sorries in the soup

Scotchwhingers fined

Hartley retired
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Here's how to make some serious money:
Fox sold its last in-game Super Bowl spot on Friday -- a 30-second spot to an unknown advertiser -- marking the earliest sellout for the game in years. A week before it sold its final spot, Fox had 17 spots to sell. The network saw a pre-Thanksgiving rush of advertisers that wanted to make sure that they got into the Super Bowl. “I pinch myself because I’ve never seen anything like this,” said Fox Sports Exec VP/Sports Sales Seth Winter. Fox used a sliding scale on rates. Advertisers that bought a one-off ad were charged $5.6M per 30 seconds; advertisers that bought two units were charged $5.5M per 30. The price for a 30-second spot did not drop below $5.2M, Winter said.

Works out at over $100 million for ten minutes!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:55 pm Here's how to make some serious money:
Fox sold its last in-game Super Bowl spot on Friday -- a 30-second spot to an unknown advertiser -- marking the earliest sellout for the game in years. A week before it sold its final spot, Fox had 17 spots to sell. The network saw a pre-Thanksgiving rush of advertisers that wanted to make sure that they got into the Super Bowl. “I pinch myself because I’ve never seen anything like this,” said Fox Sports Exec VP/Sports Sales Seth Winter. Fox used a sliding scale on rates. Advertisers that bought a one-off ad were charged $5.6M per 30 seconds; advertisers that bought two units were charged $5.5M per 30. The price for a 30-second spot did not drop below $5.2M, Winter said.

I sort of folliw Seattle in the NFL because my brother-in-law live there. Your bog standard tkt for a game is the best part if $200 :roll:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:18 pm
solidarity wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:55 pm Here's how to make some serious money:

I sort of folliw Seattle in the NFL because my brother-in-law live there. Your bog standard tkt for a game is the best part if $200 :roll:
Clearly We're in the wrong game. Groundshare with the ehhh, Belfast Buzzards. We'll expand the Pro14, 15, 16 into the US of A and they can get an NFL toehold in Europe. There must be a way.