Japan RWC

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Japan RWC

Post by big mervyn »

Bart S wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:31 am
Shan wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:44 pm We're going to do it. Rory Best has been at the helm for historic moments for Ireland and this will be another one.

He has also been at the helm for Ireland’s only defeat to Italy in the 6 Nations, only defeat against Japan and biggest hiding from England.
Jamie Heaslip was captain for the Italy defeat.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Dublin4 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:43 am Greetings from Tokyo.
The weather is cooler and showery. May suit Ireland a bit.We have nothing to lose and I expect a mighty effort from a full strength team. Unlike four years ago.
I’ve never been to NZ but I don’t think it tends to be too warm and dry there does it?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:44 am
The weather is cooler and showery. May suit Ireland a bit.We have nothing to lose and I expect a mighty effort from a full strength team. Unlike four years ago.
I’ve never been to NZ but I don’t think it tends to be too warm and dry there does it?
Maybe we've reverted to the tried and tested "they don't like it up 'em" strategy?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Fintan
Novice

Post by Fintan »

Really depends on which part of New Zealand you are talking about.
North Island is a lot warmer than the South.
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

I can't see an Ireland victory at all. It might be a different story if they were actually playing well. You can't just play gutsy and win against the ABs on this stage. You have to out skill them.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Fintan wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:42 am
Thanks for that, Michael Fish.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Rain tonight but dry for the match.
We commiserated with AB fans today on having to return home on Sunday😂😂
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:26 am
Fintan wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:42 am
Thanks for that, Michael Fish.
It pisses out of the sky in NZ during the winter. Dunneden and Christchirch get it the worst, but Wellington isnt far behind with the added benefit of a howling wind that never seems to let up. It will just feel like a plesant spring night for the ABs.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Doesn’t matter a feck what the weather is like, they are going to get hammered.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Bart S wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:31 am
Shan wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:44 pm We're going to do it. Rory Best has been at the helm for historic moments for Ireland and this will be another one.

He has also been at the helm for Ireland’s only defeat to Italy in the 6 Nations, only defeat against Japan and biggest hiding from England.
He wasn't at the helm against Italy but even if he had been it would have been another historic one. Losing a RWC 1/4 final is not historic for Ireland but winning one is.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

TopPoster wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:34 pm Doesn’t matter a feck what the weather is like, they are going to get hammered.
Don't think we'll hammer NZ. Winning margin will be single digit.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

mmmm, interesting game

Ireland: fairly disjointed of late. No real form and generally only win the 'big' games at home. Solid enough looking XV with not a lot off the bench. If the pack really front up and can dominate either the lineout or scrumtime and dominate the collisions then that's a big part of it. The half-backs need to be perfection with the boot and the rush defense needs to be on point.

All blacks: Certainly nowhere near as good a side as the last RWC and have a few newbies who haven't been tested on an occasion like this. Rattallick could be rusty. Scrum can be got at. Mohunga is inexperienced in the black 10 and the back 3 although super exciting are very inexperienced as a unit.
In additon, they haven't realy had a game since SA. Is that an advantage or disadvantage?

My head would say NZ by about 12 pts. But if ireland really turn up then I wouldn't be too surprised to see Ireland sneaking it with a big performance from Sexton and Murray.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

All Blacks have it all to lose... it’s in their heads that Ireland are a bogey team and if they go back to being chokers then I see Ireland upsetting the odds.

Let’s face it Ireland are shyte one dimensional boring and past their sell by date strangely I see them turning up and the ABs struggling. In saying all that I hope the AB take them apart and show what rugby should be...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

In Barney’s in Cologne.

The Guinness is decent enough.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Cockatrice wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:22 am All Blacks have it all to lose... it’s in their heads that Ireland are a bogey team and if they go back to being chokers then I see Ireland upsetting the odds.

Let’s face it Ireland are shyte one dimensional boring and past their sell by date strangely I see them turning up and the ABs struggling. In saying all that I hope the AB take them apart and show what rugby should be...
Mmm, don't know about a bogey team. Couple of wins on end of season tours I don't think has affected confidence too much. I just think ABs have a few new units which can be targetted. But they have had a week off so could play at a ferocious intensity.

England looking very decent. Even if Ireland win, I would expect them to get smashed by england.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'