Bath v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:58 pm
Jackie Brown wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:56 pm Take a minute to think of poor Jamie Heaslip at this time.
What a tosser he is (and always was to be fair). Feckin desperate for Bath to get the win wasn't he?
:red: :fleg: :red: :fleg:
I was going to make that very point but you know, Ulster paranoia, as Dribbling4 :mexican: would have it.
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Would have Ludik in my back three above any of the other options, always reliable under the high ball and in defence while good with ball in hand.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Had to smile when Ludik came on for Lyttle, and some bright spark on the Bath side decide new guy on the wing we will try him with a High one. Couldn't have gone to a better man , Ludik may not have the legs of some wingers but he is class under a high ball. I would be at one with Lurgan Lad and would start Ludik at Full back.
I am not totally sure but would have considered starting either a Treadwell or O’Connor alongside Henderson with the other on the bench. Carter may have the better skilllsbut the other two lads have the commitment to the Jersey.
The Rustler
Novice

Post by The Rustler »

Good result. Defence won the day. .apart from Addisons missed tackle/lyttle switching off after the try. Fair play to Mitrea for giving the second try... correct call, but wouldn't have surprised me to see it blown rather than play out. Best performers.. Coetzee, cooney..Marshall.. and lineout good apart from last crooked one. Addison had a real "curate's egg" of a performance. Had bath worried. .but play seemed to break down with him so many times from knock ons, risky offloads
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

The Rustler wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:17 pm Good result. Defence won the day. .apart from Addisons missed tackle/lyttle switching off after the try. Fair play to Mitrea for giving the second try... correct call, but wouldn't have surprised me to see it blown rather than play out. Best performers.. Coetzee, cooney..Marshall.. and lineout good apart from last crooked one. Addison had a real "curate's egg" of a performance. Had bath worried. .but play seemed to break down with him so many times from knock ons, risky offloads
Totally agree, Addison was a real liability under the high ball too although I didn't think he was given much protection, must have knocked on three or four from box kicks.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Haven't seen the game but a pleasant surprise to see an away win. Any of the pack really stand out?
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

jean valjean wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:38 pm How fecking dumb are we? Seriously we have next to no smart players. Bath are the worst European team we have played in years nd we are making them look good.
Wasn't a great performance but any away win in Europe is to be celebrated. Plus Leinster only beat Bath at the Rec by 3 points last year.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Three away pool wins on the spin for Ulster having only won one of the prior eight.

From Jonathan Bradley on Twitter.
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Serious improvement required if we're to do anything against Clermont. That said, a win's a win :fleg:
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Addison is always looking for the worldy pass or offload instead of getting the basics right. He does keep defences on their heels though.

MOTM was Coetzee. Absolute beast of a man.

Bizarre match. Typical Ulster performance. Bath offered little and we could have easily won with a BP or lost had the ball bounced differently. Too many times we play matches like this and moan about losing when we should have won. A win against any English team in the Heine will do me. Especially when they end up with their heads in their hands and I get to wave both middle fingers and shout "Yeoooooooo" and other niceties at the TV!
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Good run ashore.

The Bath lads are a decent bunch.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

A heavy pitch made the game hard work for both teams and the source of a great deal of taping of legs .

It also took a bit off the pace of some players which made it easier to defend than attack thus all the trys had an element of individual exploitation of a mistake look to them .

The injuries to two forwards might be costly in a weeks time but it all depends on how the French travel.

In my opinion over the last few games my player who has consistently performed has been Paul Marshall

Here’s hoping for the same result next week
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
widerball
Novice

Post by widerball »

Freudian slip .... Luke Marshall maybe
Any idiot can face a crisis -it's day to day living that wears you out.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I agree on Luke Marshall, would be nice to see him called up to the Ireland squad
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Clever pass on him.

The Barnes Wallis.

Long day today. Hopefully in my bed by 12.