6N 2020

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: 6N 2020

Post by justinr73 »

Sexton is 6 foot 2 Rum.

I reckon he can look down on 'em all apart from Wayne Barnes.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Never said Sexton was too small -- just too Leinster and Dictatorial -- at out half he already controls the game -- who identifies plan B -- outhalfs can identify where the game is being lost by the forwards but are unable to influence a change in mode of play.

Games are won by the forwards -- backs define the margin of the win.

At the world Cup the forwards did their job ( the Japanese match being the exception where the referee was severely one eyed in the application of the laws ) but in my opinion were failed by the inability of the backs to implement the game plan.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Carling and BOD have 96 Test match wins between them and Saint-Andre led Les Bleus to the wins over the All Blacks from the wing.

Sexton will do a job until Ryan takes over.

Herring you say. He’s probably enough on his plate trying to keep the boy Kelleher out of the side.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Irish Rugby is not the same as English and while provincial differences exist in France it is nothing like that which exists in Ireland . ( read the comments in leinsterfans -Munsterfans- 42 ie )

The other factor in the Sexton equation is the fact he thinks he's playing football claiming penalties because referees fail to see his Tackle Immunity Badge.

The centre who should be there is Marshall who is possibly ,in the absence of Stuart Olding , the the most talented 12 in Irish rugby playing outside centre because Ulster already have an alternative gain line breaking 12.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Right - so given that the team will comprise about 10 Leinster players, it makes more sense for a Leinster man to lead them rather than a Saffer who's lived in Belfast for a while doesn't it?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Any guesses as to how many mins Janny will play in the 6N?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

IF I were a cynic I would say the fact that Ulster have eight players and Munster also have eight players in the squad may have effected McCloskey's chances of being selected. If he had been selected that would make nine Ulster players and probably only seven Munster and we could not have that! I did say IF I were a cynic.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Must be a while since we've had the same number of players as Munster in the Ireland squad. Still sad that, at a glance, only 3? are home born. Surely we must soon start producing more quality players. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm very happy to welcome the guys who come here and play their hearts out for the Red Hand. More power to them. We shouldn't need them, but we do.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:13 pm Any guesses as to how many mins Janny will play in the 6N?
I'll go for 30.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

Janny whines at refs with his 'I know you hate me' bollix. It never works.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

To be honest the only squad that actually matters is the matchday squad. There won't be too many from Ulster or Munster in that and it will be difficult to argue that it should be any different......although I'm sure plenty on here and MF will give it a good go. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Evil Kiwi wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:52 pm Janny whines at refs with his 'I know you hate me' bollix. It never works.
He's probably correct. Most folk, outside Leinster, dislike the whingy fecker. :D
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Agree with Shan. It is the matchday 23 will tell more of a story.

Great for O’Toole and Baloucoune to be involved but whilst I can see the logic for the latter training with the squad, I would have thought that was where TOT should also be. He’s the 3rd tighthead in the squad, but if say Furlong or Porter got injured this weekend i would still be very surprised to see ToT on the bench vs Scotland. I would expect Farrell to call in Marty Moore or John Ryan. Right now I would have less reservations about Baloucoune being thrown into a game like that than ToT.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Jackie Brown wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:40 pm Sexton done
Carbery glass
Carty sh1te

Toss up between Byrne and Burns? The collapse of Irish Outhalf stock since PJ was shafted is pure karma.
Indeed, Ireland lost out on the out half who was looking the most consistently accomplished and had already shown in SA that he could handle big match test pressure.

On the other hand, Jackson’s form over the past season and a half is a different story. Relegated with Perpignan and no great shakes by all accounts and at real risk of another straight relegation (unless Sarries are automatically relegated) in a team where he can’t even claim the 10 shirt so far.

Jackson and the IRFU are losers in this tale.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

While Jackson hasn't claimed the 10 jersey at LI this could because they have another 10 but are short full backs.

And he has on occasion had some very reasonable games for L I.

But as Shan says it is the match day 23 that count -- the Ulster starters being --Henderson and Stockdale -- bench Herring Burns and Cooney-- Why Burns ( to make him a break glass option and a one cap wonder )

Sexton is going the way of BoD -- wrapped in cotton wool at leinster --who have a ready supply of PRO14 out half options of equal quality.