Warrior Chief

Re: 6N 2020

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Looking the business so far
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

anyone got some paint for me to watch dry?
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Grand Slam for England looks a certainty. 2 matches, 4 teams all poor or very poor.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

A wins a win, well done Herring, Henderson and Cooney!
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Undoubtedly the injuries effected Ireland, and adding energy from bench as game went on. That said Larmour was good. Henderson played v well with some big tackles, turnovers, and a v good lineout performance. Stander fair play filled in nicely at 8, I dislike the Balance of the backrow though. Aki decent. Cooney v good off bench.

Shame Doris couldn’t play. We miss Leavy badly. VdF has a huge engine but for me his lack of lineout & carry is a problem with balance in backrow. Think we are just too predictable. Maybe a Deegan option on the bench with an Addison can add real value when game opens up - are we brave enough to go down that route over next 12mths?
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Decent result all in all for Ireland under a new coach, a few changes and probably a little bit less systematic than Schmidt so all in all while not pretty it was slightly prettier than previous. Forwards won us the match.
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Post by Hapax Legomenon »

Stander just took 2019 off. Normal physical service resumed today.
Scotland turned the game into an arm wrestle as they often do. They slowed everything down and took advantage of laissez faire refereeing at the breakdown.
There can be only one
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Ireland got out of jail there. Front 5, even including Ryan, were second best. Indeed the only Ireland player who stood out was Stander. Fair play he made me eat my words. Wasteful play from Scotland plus some commited defending from Ireland just about salvaged a win in a game we should win 100% of the time.

Best part of the game was seeing that kn0bhead Hogg making a balls of a try. F-cking beautiful.

Murray confirmed his selection was incorrect.

Larmour showed his ability at times but also showed he needs to be a bit smarter.

The rest of the backs didn't do much to comment about.

Anyway we are often poor in our first game. Improvement needed for next week.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

Ay up!! Nowt wrong with score!! As our English overlord coaches would say...

Paddy basterds were very lucky in truth. Turgid play at times. Wingers are pointless optional extras. Stockdale gets the ball a grand total of 5 times. I'm not sure that Andy has a masterplan up his sleeve for world domination. Has he ever done coke? I mean worked for Coke?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Nobody played that badly but nothing came together other than the set piece play for the try the backs were really ordinary as a unit with a few individual runs which came to nothing.

Why it didn’t might be put down to Sextons lay off but that excuse is to easy and neglects a similar blandness evident in the World Cup

It was a banana skin avoided due to Scottish blunders .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Chris Montez
Novice

Post by Chris Montez »

Aki played badly.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Murray was his standard self, ponderous at ruck time, predictable in attack, very poor kicking.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Evil Kiwi wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:33 pm Ay up!! Nowt wrong with score!! As our English overlord coaches would say...

Paddy basterds were very lucky in truth. Turgid play at times. Wingers are pointless optional extras. Stockdale gets the ball a grand total of 5 times. I'm not sure that Andy has a masterplan up his sleeve for world domination. Has he ever done coke? I mean worked for Coke?
Wit’ not with, although you seem to be turning Farrell into a Yorkshireman.

Do Ireland start slowly or is it more a case of having to begin against a side that hasn’t realised it isn’t going to win the tournament yet?

England may regret a couple of strange selections tomorrow for similar reasons.

Given that Wales only beat Italy by 11 last year, and scored the same amount of tries as them in the competition, they will be happy with that result and will provide stiff opposition next week.

The stupidity of picking Murray means that Cooney has only had 20 minutes to settle in before he takes them on.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

What's with the "young offenders" haircuts?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:33 pm
Evil Kiwi wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:33 pm Ay up!! Nowt wrong with score!! As our English overlord coaches would say...

Wit’ not with, although you seem to be turning Farrell into a Yorkshireman.

Do Ireland start slowly or is it more a case of having to begin against a side that hasn’t realised it isn’t going to win the tournament yet?

England may regret a couple of strange selections tomorrow for similar reasons.

Given that Wales only beat Italy by 11 last year, and scored the same amount of tries as them in the competition, they will be happy with that result and will provide stiff opposition next week.

The stupidity of picking Murray means that Cooney has only had 20 minutes to settle in before he takes them on.
Go away