6N 2020

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 6N 2020

Post by Shan »

Italy scored a couple of nice tries but really only allowed into the game because France snoozed their way through the game.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:48 pm I'd fancy them against Ireland in the last game but, as with all French teams, it all depends which team travels.
In this instance it's Ireland doing the travelling >EW
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

I see Genge has taken over the roll of resident dik for the England side, with a snide corner-boy image; innit?
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:34 pm
solidarity wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:48 pm I'd fancy them against Ireland in the last game. I'd also fancy them for the championship. They should beat the Scots but, against the Welsh, as with all French teams, it all depends which team travels.
Fixed. :thumleft:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:30 pm
big mervyn wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:34 pm
solidarity wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:48 pm I'd fancy them against Ireland in the last game. I'd also fancy them for the championship. They should beat the Scots but, against the Welsh, as with all French teams, it all depends which team travels.
Fixed. :thumleft:
:thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

The jury is still out on Ireland. OK, it was an improvement on the Scotland game but Wales are no great shakes and it took a long time to subdue them.
With the problems at half back, England should be huge favourites.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dublin4 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:19 pm The jury is still out on Ireland. OK, it was an improvement on the Scotland game but Wales are no great shakes and it took a long time to subdue them.
Farell has won the 2 games he needed to, assuming there isn't a balls up in Rome.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

We play Italy in Dublin this year, but you're right.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:38 pm
Dublin4 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:19 pm The jury is still out on Ireland. OK, it was an improvement on the Scotland game but Wales are no great shakes and it took a long time to subdue them.
Farell has won the 2 games he needed to, assuming there isn't a balls up in Rome.
Ahem. I expect a fix will follow very soon.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:09 pm
big mervyn wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:38 pm
Ahem. I expect a fix will follow very soon.
Ahem .. touche I think Solids :lol:. My daughter is actually going to that game!
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cockatrice wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:00 am

Parks missed opportunity could/would have changed everything and I wonder if another ref would have stuck by his instinct. He was two feet from the ball with a clear uninterrupted view and immediately called try only for someone to cast doubt.
No ref worth his salt with a TMO available would have let that go. I listened to the ITV commentators going on about how close it was, but in reality, from the right angle and even in real time, he'd lost it well short and there wasn't even a hint of downward pressure.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Thought there was a fair element of doubt about Vdf's meself. The video evidence was certainly inconclusive although the ref seemed happy enough with what he'd seen of the grounding.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I didn’t think HP had scored in real time but the interesting one was VDF’s try. The first thing Poite said was “I have no idea”.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:34 pm Thought there was a fair element of doubt about Vdf's meself. The video evidence was certainly inconclusive although the ref seemed happy enough with what he'd seen of the grounding.
My reading of it was the ref saw the ball grounded, but not the grounding. Video evidence didnt show anything, let alone anything that would negate the try. They did do one of those magnifying glass shots after the game where you could just about see a ball being grounded somewhere that looked roughly about the line, but i don't think the tmo would have had that at the time, nor do i think it would have been enough for 2nd question.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

On push over mauls -- nine times out of 10 -- if the grounding is doubtful the referee --could turn round and award a penalty try for collapsing the maul --- assuming grounding awards 5 points -- a penalty try awards 7 the lesser of two evils is to award the try.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist