6N 2020

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 6N 2020

Post by Shan »

I saw the grounding for VDF's try even without requiring a replay. Not an iota of a doubt about it.

To be fair to Poite refs can miss these things if they are in the wrong place. Their assistants should be helping more. I've lost count of the amount of times a guy grounds a ball right in front of an assistant only for the dozy fecker to look blankly at the ref. All AR's who miss tries in front of them should be booted out. Simple as that.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The A/R is actually correct-- only a referee can award a try A/R can only suggest the referee looks to confirm the actuality -- be it touch down-- foot in touch or forward pass or off side etc . the assistant referee may alert the referee to scrum penalties and line outs and foul play etc. There is only one referee who may be advised by his assistants and TMO.

In my day the ref -- if in doubt went for a scrum to the attacking side or line out to the defending side if it was a touch call.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Nobody suggested the AR should award a try. I suggested AR's should be capable of seeing things right in front of them. Radical I know....
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Shan -- if the referee has not seen the grounding -- and looks at the ASSistant referee -- who says yes -- who is making the decision ?

There is of course the wonderful Welsh try against the Irish --which the assistant referee failed to draw the Referees attention to the fact that the player who throw the ball into play had not fielded the ball as required by the laws.

And then there is of course the madness of fielded penalty in touch --when the player hitting the ball has both feet of the ground ,this decision makes a farce of the tradition that a kick is out of play when and where it crosses the touch line not at the point it is fielded . it makes sense with a normal kick to touch -- but no sense at all with a penalty kick where the line out after the kick is taken by the team who kicks for touch.

Then of course they could revert to situation where a kick for touch always results in a throw in to the opposition. this would of course result in few kicks into the corner and the mauled push over try -- which is seldom observable.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

rumncoke wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:20 am Shan -- if the referee has not seen the grounding -- and looks at the ASSistant referee -- who says yes -- who is making the decision ?
The decision to award or not award the try is being made by the referee.

The assistant is only providing data to the referee which the referee can use in his decision making process if he chooses to. If he doesn't want the input he shouldn't be prompting the assistant to provide it.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Chicken - Egg ---you say chicken --i say Egg. Basically because the referee is one who must see the grounding. Remove the game from the television and down a league or two where the assistant referees are frequently are a traveling club members -- the referee can't ask them if a try has been scored. At some clubs I played at the wings were jumping over the walking sticks to try and score in the corner. ( a slight exaggeration -- but only slight ).

In my book the same rule applies. ( note in the above circumstances the referees seldom awarded a try to an away team and frequently for the home -- they are only human ?? and therefore not to trusted )
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I see that BOD is still getting involved in silly ballix with Eddie Jones. Maybe he doesn't realise that they are both gowlbags.....one as bad as the other.....but at least Jones has a reason for the 'banter' he engages in
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Yeah, ironic to see BOD giving off about someone spouting off in the meedya when he came out with this last season before we got royally hoked at the Aviva

https://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/rugby ... 99500.html
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I see Ireland got a visit from BOD's only serious rival as the biggest w@nker in the country :roll:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

I concur Big Merv,
Bono is a total shaft, although please let’s not exclude Geldof either....nothing like a multi millionaire tax avoider to spout moralised brad pitt about how I should live my life in a more meaningful way.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Just read about this. Bono is one of the biggest kn0bheads in the world. BOD, kn0bhead as he is, is nowhere near being in the same league.

It's like the difference between being stuck in a room with a tarantula and stuck in a room with a buzzing bluebottle.

WTF they are inviting him in for I'd love to know. However at least we have someone to blame now if England bate us.......apart from the Ulster players I mean of course. :D
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Got one of those bono voiced sat navs the other day.... bloody useless it is, all the streets have no name and i still havent found what I'm looking for.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Henderson replaced by Toner for Sunday for family reasons.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Naturally family comes first & I wish him and them the very best.
For me he is a critical player for Ire against big packs, a real loss in the physical stakes. I’m interested to see how Dillane will perform, very talented when first appeared, but kind of not kicked on. The bench pack now looks very dynamic.....but will there be enough dog in the starting 8?
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

>appl Henderson's wife just had a baby, all the best to them both but we will certainly miss him on Sunday. >yahoo