Lord Chancellor

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by damianmcr »

I can see PSDT!!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

damianmcr wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:33 am In @ST_Sport - Alby Mathewson on his way to Ulster https://t.co/eOqEO0nmdH
The Munster fans were sorry to see him leave. Good player, is this a possibility or fake news?
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Does not make up for Pienarr and is unnecessary. We have three good scrum-halves and two in the pipeline.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

@KoTH - :lol: brilliant! Over my head completely!
Setanta wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:53 pm Does not make up for Pienarr and is unnecessary. We have three good scrum-halves and two in the pipeline.
Well if Alby is a 1 yr signing and we hotshot of Shanahan and Stewart he can mentor the young guys coming through - especially when Cooney is away with Ireland.. harsh on Shanahan but he's not good enough to replace Cooney..
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Setanta wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:53 pm Does not make up for Pienarr and is unnecessary. We have three good scrum-halves and two in the pipeline.
Cooney will likely be absent a lot more going forward, as he will be subject to irfu player management post summer tour, autumn internationals and 6 nations. We simply can’t plug that gap with what we have right now.

Matthewson would be ideal.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

kingofthehill wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:03 pm
Aird wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:35 pm I think that Ulster have three promising 9’s coming through in Finlay, McKee and Doak and it will be interesting to see how they develop. I suspect that Ulster Rugby are well aware what is in the pipeline hence the reluctance to buy in a Journeyman 9.
IMO we have one and he’s a few years off yet. Doak is very talented and will benefit from Cooney and maybe another 9.

Travesty that ROD was overlooked.

Whilst I agree Doak could be a few years off yet I watched a 20 year old French out half rip Wales to pieces yesterday. Given Doak played Ulster A this season it's not beyond reason that he couldn't be our 2nd choice scrum half come the end of next season.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Signing Alby sounds far too good to be true. Has Dave Nuciwenkfeckbag died or something?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

caledoniancelt wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:43 am Signing Alby sounds far too good to be true. Has Dave Nuciwenkfeckbag died or something?
Wonder if there will be any more coming in.

I’m convinced there is at least one more back.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

kingofthehill wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:27 pm [quote=caledoniancelt post_id=692468 time=<a href="tel:1582620214">1582620214</a> user_id=2229]
Signing Alby sounds far too good to be true. Has Dave Nuciwenkfeckbag died or something?

[/quote]

You “wondering” keeps the rest of us very interested!

Now....is the reference to “back” talking about playing position or someone returning....or both?

Oh.....could it be that we have re-signed Rob Dewey??? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Bart S wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:38 pm
kingofthehill wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:27 pm [quote=caledoniancelt post_id=692468 time=<a href="tel:1582620214">1582620214</a> user_id=2229]

You “wondering” keeps the rest of us very interested!

Now....is the reference to “back” talking about playing position or someone returning....or both?

Oh.....could it be that we have re-signed Rob Dewey??? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

You’re not so slow on my clues but it’s not Dewey😂
The King is dead. Long live the King.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

One more back -- given the current crop of centres/ wings -- there is really only about 2 shortages -- full back and
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Outhalf and fullback maybe .. but there are loads of young lads coming through the back three. We already have Faddes who is a bit of luxury. If it was a back coming back I'd hope for Lealifano- class act good for the team and as a mentor .. not that I see that happening, Can't think of anyone else
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Sammy Arnold ???
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

nonplussed wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:00 pm Sammy Arnold ???
With Hume and Moore there don't see the need, plus there is Hyde playing with Ireland U20's.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

nonplussed wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:00 pm Sammy Arnold ???
Rumour mill has him going to Connacht.