TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Gary »

Not only is he crap, but we've got good young backs on board. Why sign a guy who was never any good?
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

kingofthehill wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:27 pm
caledoniancelt wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:43 am Signing Alby sounds far too good to be true. Has Dave Nuciwenkfeckbag died or something?
Wonder if there will be any more coming in.

I’m convinced there is at least one more back.
One more back ——> to Ireland
I’M - Ian Madigan

No more clues for the next one😉
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Ok, King, now have you any idea of any reason for this signing. We've come up with a pretty handy bunch of young local backs, so we go and sign an aging Leinsterman, who can't get on the Bristol team. Is it an Ulster idea or has some bright spark at D4 worked out it might allow 1 of our 10s to move southwards?
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Gary wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:07 pm Ok, King, now have you any idea of any reason for this signing. We've come up with a pretty handy bunch of young local backs, so we go and sign an aging Leinsterman, who can't get on the Bristol team. Is it an Ulster idea or has some bright spark at D4 worked out it might allow 1 of our 10s to move southwards?
Mega cut price deal for a guy with loads of experience who is supposed to a great guy for teaching/developing younger players.

He covers pretty much the whole backline and with Burns likely to be 24th man for the foreseeable future Ian will add experience to the squad.

As much as I would like to see Lowry thrown in there at 10 he’s still very young behind an improving pack. Time is on his side.

I personally think it’s a great deal for everyone involved.
Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

He can't get on the Bristol team. We're better than that.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Gary wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:09 pm He can't get on the Bristol team. We're better than that.
Sheedy is quality.
ElmoIsDead
Novice

Post by ElmoIsDead »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:08 pm
kingofthehill wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:27 pm
caledoniancelt wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:43 am Signing Alby sounds far too good to be true. Has Dave Nuciwenkfeckbag died or something?
Wonder if there will be any more coming in.

I’m convinced there is at least one more back.
I’M - Ian Madigan

There's a next one????
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:47 pm
Gary wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:07 pm Ok, King, now have you any idea of any reason for this signing. We've come up with a pretty handy bunch of young local backs, so we go and sign an aging Leinsterman, who can't get on the Bristol team. Is it an Ulster idea or has some bright spark at D4 worked out it might allow 1 of our 10s to move southwards?
Mega cut price deal for a guy with loads of experience who is supposed to a great guy for teaching/developing younger players.

He covers pretty much the whole backline and with Burns likely to be 24th man for the foreseeable future Ian will add experience to the squad.

As much as I would like to see Lowry thrown in there at 10 he’s still very young behind an improving pack. Time is on his side.

I personally think it’s a great deal for everyone involved.
Agree completely - good deal
..one more thing
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Has he got any serious international aspirations?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

No question. A good deal for Ulster. Will bring a lot of experience and should be always available. Good luck to him.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

I cant understand why a few are moaning about this signature. Ian is a talented player and will contribute a lot to Ulster. We have a great kicker in John C but Ian has a great kicking record himself and will be used when John is away. Lets welcome him with open arms as he can play in many positions and will contribute to the team greatly. Indeed if he performs well who knows if IRFU will come knocking.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:08 pm
I’M - Ian Madigan

Still going to be one more signing?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Seems to be a persistent rumour that Leinster (Irfu pressure) will be moving on a BR...Deegans name has been mentioned. We are definitely 1 light for 1st team selection. Anymore developments re Nordi contract?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Dharper wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:38 pm Seems to be a persistent rumour that Leinster (Irfu pressure) will be moving on a BR...Deegans name has been mentioned. We are definitely 1 light for 1st team selection. Anymore developments re Nordi contract?
No more signings now as far as I’m aware. Anything that potentially was going to happen across all the provinces was stopped when this started.

Nordi staying.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Freddie Burns off to Japan, Hadleigh Parkes probably off to Japan. I've a funny feeling there's an Ulsterman or two in Japan, is that right? Anyone know?