Ulster Squad 2019/20

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

TopPoster
Initiate

Re: Ulster Squad 2019/20

Post by TopPoster »

Shan wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:44 pm
TopPoster wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:41 pm Let’s get real - it’s got feck all to do with his boots. He is irish, it’s a big historic event in irish history.

The issue is simple - he is shyte.
Shyte players get 30 caps for one of the top ranked international teams. There's hope for us all.
Quite a few years ago. Since then can barely get into the 23 of a premiership or top14 team.
TMHG
Initiate

Post by TMHG »

lovesthehardground wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:44 pm I am not particularly political in any way but this signing worries me. I do not think that professional players should openly display any political beliefs when representing a club. This guy knew what he was doing and the reaction he would get when he chose to wear his shinner boots. Yet Ulster Rugby are prepared to sign him? We got rid of two guys who were found not guilty of sexual charges but still they were jettisoned to appease the Woke society. It was labelled as the right thing to do as they would have been disruptive. Yet we sign a boy who has openly caused offence to many. I don't like the way UR are going.

From a playing point of view what are we signing? Is he a third choice out half behind Burns and Johnson? If so fine but how much are we spending on him? Don't understand it at all.

The culture of Ulster Rugby is changing and not for the better.
Its an historical fact that Sinn Fein were not involved in the 1916 Rising, so Madser wasn't wearing ''shinner boots''.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

>appl :red:
A man who knows his facts! How unusual for these pages
Soda
Novice

Post by Soda »

TMHG wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:53 am
lovesthehardground wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:44 pm I am not particularly political in any way but this signing worries me. I do not think that professional players should openly display any political beliefs when representing a club. This guy knew what he was doing and the reaction he would get when he chose to wear his shinner boots. Yet Ulster Rugby are prepared to sign him? We got rid of two guys who were found not guilty of sexual charges but still they were jettisoned to appease the Woke society. It was labelled as the right thing to do as they would have been disruptive. Yet we sign a boy who has openly caused offence to many. I don't like the way UR are going.

From a playing point of view what are we signing? Is he a third choice out half behind Burns and Johnson? If so fine but how much are we spending on him? Don't understand it at all.

Its an historical fact that Sinn Fein were not involved in the 1916 Rising, so Madser wasn't wearing ''shinner boots''.
He could always claim it was in memory of Francis Browning
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Soda wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:43 pm

Did he invent gravy powder? :lol:
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

If O'Hagan has been dropped how come he is being highlighted on Ulster Rugby?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I've seen someone interview him for a podcast but that's nothing to do with UR. Is that what you mean?
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Yes, probably, so is he definitely away?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

No idea. I havent listened to it but I know its not produced by UR.
Soda
Novice

Post by Soda »

jackthelad wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:42 pm
Soda wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:43 pm

Did he invent gravy powder? :lol:
No, that was his brother Bisto

(he was President of the IRFU and leader of the IRFU Volunteer Corps, who was shot dead by rebels on the first day of the rising whilst returning to barracks with the Gorgeous Wrecks)
Kanbei
Novice

Post by Kanbei »

Nathan Doak (Scrum Half/Out Half), Ben Carson (Centre), Reuben Crothers (Back Row) and James McCormick (Hooker) confirmed in the Academy next season.
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

Kanbei wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:02 pm Nathan Doak (Scrum Half/Out Half), Ben Carson (Centre), Reuben Crothers (Back Row) and James McCormick (Hooker) confirmed in the Academy next season.
How are we going in the prop and lock department?
Anyone coming through to keep an eye on?
Kanbei
Novice

Post by Kanbei »

Jordi and Addison have signed new contracts

Zack McCall, Clive Ross and Kernohan all released.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Kernohan to Ealing. Wasn’t far wrong last year when I said he would end up in Jersey.

Jonny Stewart gone as well.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

kingofthehill wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:46 pm Kernohan to Ealing. Wasn’t far wrong last year when I said he would end up in Jersey.

Jonny Stewart gone as well.
Jonny Stewart is listed in the senior squad for 2020/21 on the UR Website?