Coronavirus 2020 - What can I do?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Coronavirus 2020 - What can I do?

Post by rumncoke »

Tender

I Said at the start NI was about 10 days behind both GB and The RoI and thus far I have been proved right. by applying lockdown when we did avoid the worst of the spread of the disease .

i have said that testing does not stop the spread of the disease for the simple reason people only go for testing if they consider they have been exposed or show signs of the disease -- the human reaction is "I'm Too smart to expose my self "

Hence testing has a limited effected on the spread what it does is provide another and possibly more accurate source of information as to its spread -- since the Number of calls to NHS and GPs may include persons who have a cold or flu and covid-19. The numbers quoted by the Media are those hospitalised

But then that is a side show to the madness that the extent of the spread is a Tory plot driven by Capitalist motives .

The fact is Lockdown was a decision, based on computer models, and behavioural science , to reduce the impact on the NHS -- and lockdown will continue until the medical profession consider that any reoccurrence can be met by those resources.

Some deaths are unavoidable because of health of the elderly and also the nature of the disease , many are avoidable provided the resources are present -- lockdown is action to ensure those resources are present nothing more and nothing less.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

You say a lot of things, you think you know everything but you ignore every fact which doesn’t follow your narrative. You take yourself way too seriously and I have no doubts you .....

Stay safe

Go raibh maith agat agus slan le gach duine
Last edited by fermain on Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: !
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

The resident .... is of course completely ignoring the other half of how to use testing to reduce spread - contact tracing.

You don't have to be symptomatic to be tested when you were in contact with a known carrier.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Amigo

Contact tracing is also an over played card since one of the major means of spread is of course public transport of all descriptions Planes, Boats Buses and Tubes.

Oh hell did I catch it on the Bus going into work on Monday morning or was it Tuesday night coming home or maybe it was the taxi coming home after those drinks in the Hayloft or what other pub was I In that night .

The use of any system of trying to the control the spread has to suit the social life style of the Country. Hence Shutting bars etc was one of the first moves in GB and Ireland.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Which is of course why that rural de-centralised nation South Korea has had such success with contact tracing.

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Amigo you would buy any bulls--t . It takes five days at least before and infected person shows signs of infection .

It's a blame game story like the one about The Germany tracing it back to a shared Salt cellar in a works canteen -- As Tender might say it is as believable as some one turning water into wine -- and the latter may have had more witnesses.

Any Doctor will tell you the only effective prevention measure is The avoidance of social contact -- the problem with that is before calling for it you have exactly no idea for how long it will have to be imposed and how people will respond to the order.

Call it to early and either people will not comply or become complacent to soon and the whole exercise is worthless.

Tender one thing in life i Have learned is when in Company avoid talking about people's wives , their religion and their Politics .

I did not start this discussion of the blame game -- Personally I believe that regardless of which party would be in power the same action or in -action would have occurred -- Why If the expenditure was not included in the Budget estimates for the year "the Humpries " of this world will oppose it and say that money should not be spent on something that may never happen and hasn't been budgeted for .

I don't buy Blame Games i may sell bu=====t but i don't have to buy it
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Of course, the countries testing extensively have far lower death counts.

No connection of course. Can't be cos the ...said so.

So clueless that he doesn't realise tracing a positive find means you test ANYONE who has been in contact with said person - regardless of whether they are symptomatic or not.

>flog >flog >flog
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Amiga500 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:02 pm Of course, the countries testing extensively have far lower death counts.

No connection of course. Can't be cos the ... said so.

So clueless that he doesn't realise tracing a positive find means you test ANYONE who has been in contact with said person - regardless of whether they are symptomatic or not.

>flog >flog >flog
It's like primary school in here.

:lol:

Name calling or trying to belittle someone isn't called for. Improve your argument or just drop it. Life is too short.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:43 pm Name calling or trying to belittle someone isn't called for. Improve your argument or just drop it. Life is too short.
Someone with the mental capacity of Donald Trump espousing authoritatively on matters they clearly are clueless about will always get belittled by me.
Fintan
Novice

Post by Fintan »

So despite them saying that health staff in NI would not be asked to reuse PPE, nurses in children's ICU yesterday being told to wash their masks and put them back on.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

George W Bush us starting to look like a fecking genius by comparison.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Interesting essay to fill up some more of those empty hours.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/madhukarpa ... mic-world/

I'm afraid I'm not an optimist.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Fintan wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:07 am So despite them saying that health staff in NI would not be asked to reuse PPE, nurses in children's ICU yesterday being told to wash their masks and put them back on.
Quick question, is it each health boards responsibility to purchase what they needed in regards to gloves, masks etc , and if so has bad management and preparation for such an event as Covid19 been shifted to the government rather than the inept management at health board level. NHS did do a action plan for a potential virus outbreak, their main response was that they “could cope and adapt”

With regards nursing homes , has the fact most are private businesses and run to make profits been a factor in hygiene and negligence , therefore a contributor to the high deaths in such facilities. Lots of free beds in CIty Hospital and the Ramada “ nightingale thing”( it is empty )so what about moving people from homes that don’t meet standards or have high infections to those.

Clapping NHS, and now a payment to those NHS staff who unfortunately die in service from covid, I don’t recall , firemen, police , soldiers , prison officers getting standing ovations and 60k payments after getting shot in the back or blown up with their children in the car , some might even argue, thats the job they signed up for and knew the risks ! , controversial, maybe but it how I feel.

So anyway , when is UR refunding monies to fans as this season is over, I suppose they will offer discounts for next year but overall increase price per game, well don’t be emailing me, I want a refund .
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Gerald the Mole wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:13 pm

Quick question, is it each health boards responsibility to purchase what they needed in regards to gloves, masks etc , and if so has bad management and preparation for such an event as Covid19 been shifted to the government rather than the inept management at health board level. NHS did do a action plan for a potential virus outbreak, their main response was that they “could cope and adapt”
No it is not the responsibility of individual health boards.

There is a central body, the Procurement and Logistics Service, which is the sole provider of professional procurement and logistics services to all public Health and Social Care organisations in Northern Ireland.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!